Class Story versus Planetary Arc

turbomagnus

Which is it better to complete first while on a planet in the 'vanilla' game, a character's class story missions or the faction's planetary arc missions?

I read somewhere that there's sometimes a glitch if you complete them in the wrong order, on Corellia or somewhere late in the game?

Which is it better to complete first while on a planet in the 'vanilla' game, a character's class story missions or the faction's planetary arc missions?

I read somewhere that there's sometimes a glitch if you complete them in the wrong order, on Corellia or somewhere late in the game?

From an ergonomic point of view, it's best to do them simultaneously, since they go to the same maps in the same order, so you end up doing, taking Coruscant as an example, Migrant Merchants' Guild (class only) then Black Sun (both), then Justicars (both), then the Works (both), then, depending on class, the Jedi Temple (class only). No point trekking back and forth, going round the planet twice.

EDIT: there's a storytelling glitch on Republic Corellia, shown in the spoiler box if you haven't already done it.

The first part of the <Story Arc> missions involve deactivating a neutron emission device that the Imps have placed in and around the rocket tram system to make it impossible to use, thereby bottling the Republic people in the first map. If you play the full class story then the <Story Arc>, that will suddenly make a lot less sense.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Final thing: the Bonus Series missions on each planet are gated on completing the class story for the planet rather than the <Story Arc>. That can lead to some oddities, as NPCs may make reference to events in the <Story Arc>, and if you haven't yet even begun that, those references will be (a) confusing and (b) spoilers. (Of note, this applies above all to Impside Balmorra.)

Thanks, Steve.

I was just worried because I had heard something that if an Imperial Agent completes their final Planet mission on Corellia before completing their final Class mission there, then they sometimes end up glitched out of any relationship with Kalliyo.

I'm not saying that whoever said that is *wrong* but I'll admit that it's the first time I've heard of it. It's also worth nothing that the Kaliyo romance sequence is already complete at that point, so you'd have to *really* pile through the <Story Arc> ahead of the class story segment to glitch it. If it glitches, and if they haven't long since fixed it. My Google-fu isn't strong enough today for me to find any reference to this glitch.

The simplest way of making it work correctly is just to do it the non-glitch way (finish the class story stuff first).