Boba Fett's Armor

turbomagnus

Just an 'out of curiosity' question; which version of Boba Fett's armor does people like better?

'Classic' Boba Fett with the dented and scuffed armor, blue-grey flight suit underneath and half-cape and Wookiee pelts.

Cobb Vanth's take on the armor, losing the pelts and cape, but with red scarf.

or 'Modern' Boba Fett, armor repaired and repainted, with the dark robe under the armor.

Ideally I would take the original trilogy armor over the modern black underlay robes. It looked pretty slick when it was repaired and repainted in the Mando, but I like the OG look of the armor itself the best.

Also just my opinion but OG Boba wore it best. The new armor seemed to fit abit awkwardly on both actors. Olyphant is too tall and lanky(the armor wasn't made for him so, makes sense in the context of the show), and the chest piece was waaay to small on Morrison (but also quite a number of years have gone by since he lost it, so again makes sense).

Don't get me wrong love both actors and their portrayal in the series as their various characters was great, but the costuming either by intent or accident was a little jarring. Fortunately I think I remember seeing an article somewhere about an update to the armor coming in the new Book of Boba Fett series so maybe they will adjust the look abit more.

I do hope they keep the black robes though. They were dope.

I don't really see the Repaired armor. I think he just repainted it. One shoulder bell was still warped and the helmet dented.

Personally, I'd love to See Boba hit up the Armorer in his show and have Her recast his armor and upgrade it. With the warps and dent its obviously lost some of its integrity and is in need of repair. Not to mention the patch on the jet pack is most likely not Beskar. I hope he Keeps the Black undersuit and adds some more sections.

While the original trilogy armor will always stick out as being classic to me as it has since the first time I saw it in the 80s. That being said though the newly repainted look with the black additions to it really pops for me and I totally love it. It has this great feel to it and the black pieces very much remind me of the Clone Commando armor that we saw, though his fabric is obviously much lighter.

I'll be very curious to see what additions or changes they make to it in the Book of Bobba Fett later this year/next year.