Chat Lingo

Long time player, but fairly Noob when it comes to OPS. At the start of an OPS recently, one of our healers said in chat "Fix the F***ing Frames". Then someone in the OP whispered me to give him the LF or give him the frames or something. I happened to be OPS leader at the time.

Honestly I had no idea what he was on about. The interface OP frames? Isn't that only adjustable by individual players? Is there some sort of FPS toggle the OPS leader can adjust? Wanted to help the guy, but had no idea what he needed. Just promoted him to OPS lead and went on with the OP.

Please inform my ignorance as to what the guy needed.

The character names in the Operations frame can be moved around and are arranged by the Ops Leader (or one of the Ops Lieutenants) usually based on 2 criteria:

1. The role being played by the various characters. One common arrangement is to have two columns of names with Tank, DPS, DPS, and Healer being arranged from top to bottom in each column. (8 man group)

2. The activity any sub-group in the team might engage in. For example, the players would be arranged for the Jarg and Sorno fight such that left column engages Jarg and the right column engages Sorno. You might want players in the right column (fighting Sorno) who are comfortable using their interrupts.

Since all players see the arrangement within the Operations Frame as set by the leader or lieutenant, everyone knows everyone's role and the person doing the arranging usually declares the pattern in the chat, if it is not a Progression group with an established pattern.

Edited by mike_carton