The Devs are Fire - Appreciation Thread!

Kass

If you have something to say about a Dev, THE Devs, or just a feature that you love of which you have no idea which Dev made it happen but you'd kiss him/her for it if you had the chance...

Well post that DEV LOVE right here!

:ph_thank_you:

For the unfamiliar the "Devs are Fire" was a short lived niche gaming meme that was intended as an appreciation to say 'devs are on fire' for the great releases etc.

Because I saw this sad as*teroid sentiment of wishing Devs harm through JackieKo's post via "Developer Tracker" read-only forum. *( https://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9960774&postcount=8 )

WTActualHanSolo?!?

Be cool people - these are real human beings, and they love their work, and they really love Star Wars - but just because they can't custom tailor SWTOR to you, or follow your Moms-Basement-CEO executive action plans, doesn't mean you can just go full blown QUESH TOXIC on people you don't even know and have never met!

So chill - and show some love - Post that thing... even if its just one thing form like 10 years ago, that you really appreciated a Dev for.

So I'll tell you all that the Dev/Dev Team that said Mounts can be used in Strongholds is AN ABSOLUTE ROCKSTAR!

Today I just saw flash sale for "Imperator's Command Hoverchair" Mount and I bought that thing so fast, crossing my fingers that I can deploy it actively inside my Vaiken Spacedock Stronghold and WOOT! I now have the BEST just shy of a "Throne" epic chair I can sit in at my Dark Council Table in my Stronghold and imagine telling some Imperial...

"Admiral.. you have failed me for the Last Time!"

https://imgur.com/a/NDffMhe

Dev or Dev Team - YOU are absolute rockstars for letting Mounts in Strongholds! /salute :csw_fett:

Edited by Kass

I'd like to thank the devs who designed the Ossus and Onderon daily quests.

The game changed a great deal during the KotFE/KotET era, and lacked the style of open world questing/dailies featured in the original game and first 2 expansions.

The quests on Ossus and Onderon feel like SWTOR used to, in a good way. That type of content was missing for a long time.

Edited by arunav

Whoever finalized the move to make companions multi-role, so I didn't have to wait until Hoth for a healer or tank companion. I like that nearly every companion is viable in Heroics, and all of them can be used in day-to-day questing.

Also, to everyone working on 7.0, I am really looking forward to it. Please give more details on the regular. Please!

Thank you Devs for:

Fixing The Spirit of Vengeance FP for a proper Story Mode Experience.

Writing stories that allow you to be A Decent Person even if you play on the Imperial side and it makes sense!

Amazing World Building

Gorgeous Art Work

Giving us Doll Houses

Space Barbie

Maybe you'll release some story info soon and fix crafting eventually!:o

The little details sometimes are the best - like the Dark Ward animation for 'Sin Darkness having (used to be a long time ago 4 skulls) 4 Force Spirits that circle you - fits very nicely with the class story imo. (Sad that it doesn't change to 5 based on story choices - but that's okay)

:sy_darkside::sy_consular:

I really like Onderon !! So much detail and well done at that !!

The new "lighting effects" that they started several months ago. It shows up in numerous places ( even in the space stations) .

There has been several special moments scattered throughout the SWTOR game (several cut scenes with companions ... particularly with Lana and Kira ! )

I also really enjoyed some of the interesting humor:

** Vette inside of the missile ... " now you've done it !!" ( there were more ... this one just came to me)

** HK-55 : plus one to kill counter

** Z0-0M : when the Exarch gets sucked out into asteroid space after facing her destiny speech ...

** Ran into a maintenance issue: Give me 3 minutes !!

** Kira's "Eat lightsaber jerk" (reminds me of Twiki's "Eat lead sucker" )

** The encounter between Aric Jorgan and Scorpio ( I loved how Aric simply walked away ... "Clearly!" )

A LOT more .. just kind of having difficult focusing on others right now ( having a senior moment ) :D