How to defeat Lord Vivicar?

phfph

As topic says, how do you defeat him.

Hi is only level 32 and about 12500 and kill me whit a Force Crash 8057 damage.

And i am at level 34 6800 so he just kill me at the very begining of the fight

And i am a jedi shadow.

Do i have to wait for this or what to the 40 ish

You should be able to beat him if you're two levels ahead of him.

Just watch for him to spool up his force crush and then use your interrupt.

I'm not sure what the power is from the jedi, but if you do get picked up by his force crush one of your interrupts will light up and allow you to break the hold.

I'm a shadow and was level 34/35 when I did it. Use your interrupts and I took Tharan with me. Have him use holliday and then use your interrputs once she is gone.

His strongest attack is the force crush so if you keep that interrupted it should be somewhat easier. That force crush can kill you instantly.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

I was Level 30 when I defeated Vivicar alone... and I didn't even fully upgrade my upgradable armor. I used Qyzen instead of Theran and waited with Heroic Moment as long as I could. Heroic Moment lasted long enough to deal considerable damage to Vivicar. And constantly using the interrupts.

Just FYI, this type of question is probably best answered on your class forums. That was how I found the solution to this fight - and yes, heroic moment comes in very handy. Of course, I did it before legacy skills, too - those skills would have come in handy.

Greetings everyone!

Thank you all for your helpful responses on how to kill Lord Vivicar! It is always great to see the community help each other! :)

In the Classes forum, under the Jedi Consular class section, the following thread may also be of assistance for more tips and tricks on this quest:

We hope this helps and good luck! :)

As topic says, how do you defeat him.

Hi is only level 32 and about 12500 and kill me whit a Force Crash 8057 damage.

And i am at level 34 6800 so he just kill me at the very begining of the fight

And i am a jedi shadow.

Do i have to wait for this or what to the 40 ish

I was able to defeat him at lvl 32 (I'm a Jedi Shadow too). I just kept on running around using range abilities to keep distant.

I was Level 30 when I defeated Vivicar alone... and I didn't even fully upgrade my upgradable armor. I used Qyzen instead of Theran and waited with Heroic Moment as long as I could. Heroic Moment lasted long enough to deal considerable damage to Vivicar. And constantly using the interrupts.

same, though I had heroic moment on cooldown so couldn't use it, he is quite easy once you learn about interrupting his force crush I think its called. I used Theran though instead of Qyzen and had just reached level 30 in the corridor outside. If you fail to interrupt his force crush you will die instantly.

good luck

• 4 months later...

@ULTHIEN, I just fought Vivicar last night on my Shadow. I was level 30 he was level 34. Mind Snap, Force Wave and Force Stun interrupted his casts. I also turned off Theran's auto-Carbonize and bound it to a keypress, that interrupted it as well.

So I had 4 functioning interrupts, and one of them was always off CD when needed.

The fight took a while because he resisted a lot of my attacks (due to my being underleveled) but the 4 interrupts made it easy-breezy. Give it another try.

Edited by Khevar

• 3 months later...
I'm a lvl 29 (working for 30) Sage and I'm not sure how to beat him so the question is (for me) similar but slightly different "how would a Sage beat him?"

I'd say try get 30 first, level difference plays quite a big role in this game, and he's level 34 if I remember correct.

About beating him as Sage I'm not sure tbh, as I'm a Shadow, but I'd say, stand close to a pillar, and when you see him cast, well, anything, run behind the pillar.

After that it's simply dps, heal, dps, heal and what-not, I ain't sure what skills a Sage has so.

Just for the sake of giving an answer in case nobody else does lol.

Also, if I'm not wrong, you can bring in others there with you, so if above still doesn't work then you could ask if someone else needs him aswell.

Not 100% certain it's possible to bring others in though, might be a solo only thing.

Edited by Katszc

Every class quest is doable even if you are 2 levels below, all you need is to interrupt, keep gear atleast up to date greens, and attack with more then 2 abilities.

If you are still failing over and over (granted, that fight is not bugged like Jadus of imp agent used to be - however it was still doable on par level but actually difficult due to that bug), it's your fault, and you need to review rotations and energy managment.

LOS is your friend.

Always

• 10 months later...
Why do they keep doing this to the Jedi consular? I have every class and had no real trouble with the bosses on any of them. but the consular right from beginning before she ever got her first lightsaber in that cave where she was supposed to harvest the crystal--that monster with the fire aoe. she got her butt BBQ'd 4 times before I googled it. Turned out it was force potency which was the trick--makes it that as long as u attack physically it heals u for 60%. But I am getting off point. Why is this particular character getting such awful bosses. And do I have more of the same to look forward to with the consular if so I am gonna delete her this is ridiculous. U are supposed to be able to solo this boss right.?

Why do they keep doing this to the Jedi consular? I have every class and had no real trouble with the bosses on any of them. but the consular right from beginning before she ever got her first lightsaber in that cave where she was supposed to harvest the crystal--that monster with the fire aoe. she got her butt BBQ'd 4 times before I googled it. Turned out it was force potency which was the trick--makes it that as long as u attack physically it heals u for 60%. But I am getting off point. Why is this particular character getting such awful bosses. And do I have more of the same to look forward to with the consular if so I am gonna delete her this is ridiculous. U are supposed to be able to solo this boss right.?

I've done this fight as sage and as a shadow different alts about 4 times now. It is quite easy as long as you are level 30, believe me level 29 is almost impossible though I have known people do it.

Make sure your gear is good, relics etc and use your heroic moment. But tbh you won't need it. Have your healing companion out.

The only important thing about this fight is remembering to interrupt him when he does his force crush or whatever its name is, if you don't interrupt it he one shots you. Its a long cast so you have plenty of time to interrupt it, and that is all its pure dps fight no need to so any fancy LOS or other tricks. It was just as easy with my 2 sages.

If you can't mange him then you really are going to have difficulty later on, without giving any storyline away.

This boss is there to teach you one thing and this is to "interrupt". His mind crush MUST be interrupted or it will one shot you or the comp.

At lvl 29 it is so hard because he will resist your mind snap and probably only force wave will work.

As as sage you must keep your comp alive during his first attack (run to him and force wave), heal comp watch his cast bar. Your force wave is probably still on CD when he cast again, so run out of range. Back and heal comp.

Fight is won now.