Empty renown crates

Eloi_BG

Mostly title. It's been happening for weeks on my main toon (haven't noticed it on other toons). Made a in-game bug report and contacted CS early Jan, told me they knew of the bug and it would be fixed. It's now been over a month and a 'major' patch later and still not fixed. Losing a lot of crates to this bug. CS say they can't do anything, devs still haven't fixed it. Is this a common issue or am I an unlucky account? Let me know if it's been happening to you to.

Mostly title. It's been happening for weeks on my main toon (haven't noticed it on other toons). Made a in-game bug report and contacted CS early Jan, told me they knew of the bug and it would be fixed. It's now been over a month and a 'major' patch later and still not fixed. Losing a lot of crates to this bug. CS say they can't do anything, devs still haven't fixed it. Is this a common issue or am I an unlucky account? Let me know if it's been happening to you to.

It happened to me when Onslaught was on the PTS. I reported it, and Eric Musco acknowledged it as a bug and said there would be a fix *on*PTS* before Onslaught went Live. Apparently the fix didn't make it to Live.

So I have to ask--are you 100% sure the item didn't just stack? I've seen people mention this bug and out of the thousands of boxes I've opened I've never had one empty. Items do, however, stack. And when they stack the Renown stash item count doesn't change; no new slot is taken up. I could see people mistaking that as "I didn't get anything".

So I have to ask--are you 100% sure the item didn't just stack? I've seen people mention this bug and out of the thousands of boxes I've opened I've never had one empty. Items do, however, stack. And when they stack the Renown stash item count doesn't change; no new slot is taken up. I could see people mistaking that as "I didn't get anything".

Yes, I’m sure it’s not stacking. The key indicator that you opened a bugged crate is that all buttons are dimmed out. Even if you had other things in the renown stash, once you open a bugged crate, you cannot click on the disintegrate or claim buttons, you have to click on the X at the top right of the renown stash window to close the window.

When you first click on “open”, there’s the brief animations as your stash gets filled with whatever was in the crate. During that animation sequence the buttons get greyed out/dimmed, then you can click them again once the animation is over and the stuff is in the list. When you get a bugged crate, it’s almost as if the animation becomes “stuck” or “crashes” and never completes, such that the buttons never become clickable and you never get any item. At least, that’s what I observe.

I get this bug disproportionately frequently on my smuggler.

When I had it on PTS, my stash was empty, I pressed Open, and my stash was *still* empty. (Er, so yes, the item count didn't change... ;) )

I also had moddables that showed as empty in the stash and ended up really empty in my inventory.

I am 100% sure. My renown stash is empty at all times, so stacking isn't a thing as there is nothing to stack with. I have a single toon with this issue, so not surprised you are not having it, and it's not one in a thousand that grants nothing, it's well over 25% (some days I get 0/3 and just stop opening, others I open 5 or 6 before one is empty).

CS have told me it is a known bug but to keep on reporting it. They are apparently not able to re-grant me any crates. Was thinking maybe posting on forums would get attention, as nothing has been said of yet on if the bug is being worked on or not.

I've never had this happen (yet). I'd be curious to know why it only seems to affect some people. Could it be some sort of obscure interaction with some driver?

It would also be interesting if there's any commonality to the people affected. Such as, they all have nVidia graphics cards, or MSI motherboards, or AMD processors, etc.

The good news is, you're not missing much. An empty crate is almost as good as a full one. 😉

Edited by JediQuaker

You say it is only (or mostly?) on your main but not all the time.

What adv class/discipline do you have set?

What is your renown rank?

Do you have loot disc set specifically or are you letting it loot based on your current disc?

Is you inventory full/nearly full?

Do you have things in other stashes (cartel item stash, maybe you had full command stash before, ??)

Did you expand your stash over the default?

Does it happen more if the galaxy is the same light/dark as your char, or opposite?

Is there a server load issue (does it happen at peak play times in zones that are highly populated)?

Are you queued when you open crates? In a stronghold, on fleet, in a pvp instance, ?

Since others have said they haven't run into this problem, it might be some odd combination of the above that is causing it. It'd be nice to know that so we can avoid that combination.

You say it is only (or mostly?) on your main but not all the time.

What adv class/discipline do you have set?

What is your renown rank?

Do you have loot disc set specifically or are you letting it loot based on your current disc?

Is you inventory full/nearly full?

Do you have things in other stashes (cartel item stash, maybe you had full command stash before, ??)

Did you expand your stash over the default?

Does it happen more if the galaxy is the same light/dark as your char, or opposite?

Is there a server load issue (does it happen at peak play times in zones that are highly populated)?

Are you queued when you open crates? In a stronghold, on fleet, in a pvp instance, ?

Since others have said they haven't run into this problem, it might be some odd combination of the above that is causing it. It'd be nice to know that so we can avoid that combination.

Only happened on my main character yes (granted I don't think I have an alt over renown level 20 something, so haven't opened many crates on them). It's an operative, I have loot disc set for heals. Cartel stash had some stuff in, but emptied it since and still having the bug. Inventory somtiems nearly full, sometimes nearly empty (depends if I just ran a bunch of FPs). My stash is 10 (don't think it's expanded). No idea about light/dark as I don't pay attention to it. I generally play late eastern time (10pm-1am), so load is high I guess. I might have been queued for PVP at some point but generally not when opening crates. I'd say most of the time I'm on guild flagship when this has happened. Will try opening crates in other places and see.

However I don't think this has an impact, as I opened crates on guild flagship with my alts too. Seems like toon got in a bugged state or something, will try changing loot disc around.

So.. after some thought, I have a sneaking suspicion this only happens if you have your loot type set to something other than your default. My Medicine spec Operative didn't have any problems with this until I was over Renown 100, which is also the time I decided to set my spec to get Lethality loot, and it started happening.

My tank I just got up there, is set to default and she has no problem.

Though I've found the way to avoid it coming up empty is to make sure you clear the stash every time you open a box.

But I'm going to test this with my Operative by putting her back on default spec and seeing if she still has it.