Chat bubbles

GorionTakran

it seems like a great idea, but people don't chat like they do in comics... half a dozen people typing and 1/3rd of them will overlap....

.. oddly enough the one time it is useful is in combat, since it gives you a location of the speaker, but unless you hotkey chat callouts it barely ever gets used.

I supposed it'd be useful for machima

Visit a start planet when the spammers are out in force. Couple that with the Baras jokes everyone's heard before. Couple that with the Jawa Jokes, the pro-anti Trump/Boris/Brexit vitriol, and all that other unmentionable discusting chat.

Then imagine that all over your screen, while you're trying nicely to ask for assistance over something.

Only place it's appropriate is in one's stronghold. But If ~30 characters on screen at once make the engine slow to a crawl, then bringing the engine to a virtual standstill with chat bubbles is never gonna happen.

I prefer the bubbles for the social aspect if the game. I hope they do bring an option in the future.

As it stands it is highly unlikely.

If they revamp the engine to work on 64bit and multi core processors, maybe they will improve performance enough that it would become a possibility. But, it would be a stress on the servers, as on top of sending position and action of characters, it would have to send a text string as well.

But, it's not impossible. Other games do it. Making it optional with default off, makes it so the server isn't stressed so much. As it stands though, the performance is already bad enough without it.

That's about 9000% irrelevant. The performance problems were on the server side.

The client *does* work on multi-core processors. Nobody makes single-core x86 processors any more.

Ok, if it "properly works". I don't know where the problem is exactly, i know that it's there.

Fact is, performance is bad and it needs improving. As far as i knew the game has two 32bit processes rather than a 64 one and is not optimised to run on modern machines cause it uses only one of the cores from the processor.

But, feel free to bring that wisdom. End of the day, whatever it is, it needs fixing, otherwise no performance increase and no chat bubbles.

Edited by Nemmar

• 2 years later...

We need chat bubble, the game then would allow a sandbox of player driven story.

Chat bublle are really the feature that SWTOR lacks. But dev laziness, only wondering about Cartel...

I wonde, i you make pay to have it... But i'm losing hope like I lose hope in every Star Wars franchise. They don't get our community, and thats why they fail and fail fail. At that point, it would be easy to introduce the way you want chat bubble. If you don't it sends me a message about what you plan for SWTOR. Absolutely not a game for creative mind and positive reinforcement.

I^m sad, Allow us to se them if we want, what would it cost you? Your reputation? At EA you ALREADY LOST THE SW FRANCHISE BY NOT LISTENING TO dev that knew, but left... You are just confirming that SW is theatre franchise and everything else you do (toys, video game...) is for tax optimisation and enrichment of shareholder. Its just disgusting. Pleople prove me wrong, contact me. I used to be on Star Wars Galaxies and I know a lot about why Sci Fi lost the war against Blizzard. They are easy choice, QoL, that you are currently screwing up. Don't be afraind to admit mistake and failure, its the only way to keep the community together

Former $o€