Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Fylimar
05.15.2021 , 01:49 PM | #10161
I had an Athiss fp yesterday, where two people were fighting the whole fp. It was getting to the point, where it harmed the group. Granted, the scoundrel couldn't play his class, but the vanguard did tell him that so mean, that the scoundrel reacted by just pulling everything and we wiped. I was about to leave, but there was a newbie in the group, who asked for help and I tried to help them as good as I could. It was the longest fp, I was ever in.
The Lovecraft Legacy

My Referral Link(free goodies): http://www.swtor.com/r/lhM5X3

RainEbon
05.15.2021 , 03:50 PM | #10162
In all my time playing SWTOR I never had that many run-ins with weird/******e players and here I am yet again writing a post in this thread.

Now this isn't a complaint about someone's behavior or a screw up, just a weird funny situation. (funny to me at least)

To set the stage, the run is Secrets of the Enclave master mode and we have a...

Sorcerer healer lvl75,

myself Merc dps lvl75 and I have no idea who else we had because this run was weird as hell from the start lol.

So as I load into the fp the first trash mob is gone and so are the tank and the other dps. The only thing to greet me in chat are two messages:

"Ugh you again" and "u, no way"

Great start!

I ignore the messages and continue with the Sorc.

I put us in que but until the replacement arrives we summon our comps and clear the first camp. During the first trash/camp fights I notice that he isn't healing but it isn't that big of a problem (I have Mako lvl50 as heals so there is no way we would die, unless someone screws up royally)

Second camp, he is still going for dps and to make thing even more interesting before the camp is cleared he is already attacking the other trash group.

By the third camp the new tank and dps arrive but as soon as they arrive the tank just leaves and the dps writes...

"**** no, you again" (or something like that, can't remember)

At this point I'm curious as to what's going on so I ask the dps what happened before and he tells me that they had this dude (Sorc heals) before and that he sucks. As he's writing that, the Sorc is already pulling two groups of trash in front of the cave before I even had the time to write more in chat or clear the third camp.

After that I left because I had a feeling that the fp wasn't going to be fun (the other dps left also) and I left with a suspicion that he was actually dps but just eneded up queuing as heals. But who knows I didn't check his gear.

So there you have it, a healer so good he managed to scare away five people before we even fought the first boss.

Again wish you all a great day.

AmiHale
05.31.2021 , 06:35 PM | #10163
Was in a Boarding Party fp. New guy with us. Asked us to do the bonus. No one answered so I said sure (I need the achievement count anyways and bonuses count towards conquest). So we do it. Newbie thanks us and appreciates us doing that. Then the lvl 75 sin responds that he is pissed and that's why he's killing everything. X'D Honestly I thought that was hilarious cause 1) that makes the fp even slower instead of killing only what we need for the bonus and clearing the way plus 2) more exp for my alt and for the newbie. X'DDD Glad the guy was taking it out on adds instead of leaving or swearing at the new guy tho. Lmao.
The Forerunners Legacy, Star Forge
Knights and Warriors of the Gray Order
"We do what we must because no one else will."

FlameYOL
06.04.2021 , 10:07 PM | #10164
Been a while since I posted here, or been active in the forums real life has been keeping me busy. Was doing Objective Meridian on Impside, the tank (who was a newcomer), a healer and a DPS who were guildmates. Everything was fine until the first boss, the healer gets mad at me because I "not killing the droids" during the first boss.

Now... you don't kill them as far as I know, you aggro them and they'll just automatically blow up giving you just a tiny window of time so you can get out before they explode. I point that out and I guess it rubbed the healer wrong, because at the last boss when I told the tank he needed to keep aggro on the adds, the healer just kicked me and I got vote kicked likely due to her guildmate voting yes.

Plus the tank reacted surprised so I figured he didn't voted yes. For what its worth despite being his first time he was doing quite well on mechanics, wished him luck and let the healer know how petty she was before adding her and her guildmate on the ignore list. A shame really, since Objective Meridian is one of my favorite flashpoints yet I seem to have the weirdest encounters on this one lately.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

aerockyul
06.06.2021 , 01:16 PM | #10165
Saw a guy complaining in fleet chat about how tanks are such **** in the game and they don't know what they're doing. Got a MMFP pop a few minutes later and this guy happened to be in it. He was a mara (of course) and constantly leaped into every fight first, not waiting for the tank to pull (the tank was not slow at all, the mara would run predation ahead of everyone and pull). Mara gets himself killed a couple times and keeps laughing about it. The tank gets annoyed and tells him to stop pulling first and the guy says it's more fun this way.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Ainyalah, Vaisis, Wrathiva, Sul'trea Jaista, Katie Bee
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Misphire
Well Behaved

Fylimar
06.08.2021 , 02:25 PM | #10166
Had a Battle of Rishi today with my Sage, another Sage, a Commando dd and a Guaridan tank. The tank didn't tank at all, mostly it was us sages, the other sage didn't use any of their dot abilities and all three of them didn't say anything about not knowing the fp.
I had a beginning suspicion that this was the case, when they all started waiting on where I was going, because I pointed out the way in the beginning.
At the last boss, I asked, if they know the boss. Only 'tank' replied, that he didn't know them. So I explained that they have to go behind those desks for the AOE, I gave them the code , when the AOE would start (Electro Matrix) and showed them, where the desks were.
First round, all but other sage died. Other sage died in the next round, because they always stand a bit outside of the shield.
Next try - exactly the same. I explained again and said, that if they want to survive, they have to get behind those desks during AOE. On the third try, the tank ran behind one desk from the beginning and stayed there, only attacking the boss with saberthrow. I politely asked him to do his job and attack the boss properly. He did after that and we finally managed to finish (not without other sage dying two more times).
That was a bit exhausting.
The Lovecraft Legacy

My Referral Link(free goodies): http://www.swtor.com/r/lhM5X3

demotivator
Yesterday , 04:51 AM | #10167
Quote: Originally Posted by RainEbon View Post
(...) And with this story I came to a conclusion that I prefer ******e vet players that know what they are doing.
Because with them you are going to finish the FP and all you have to do is ignore the constant toxicity in chat while with newbies you will deal with people not listening, constant wipes, raging in chat and being called toxic after that.

Not to mention the whole community being called toxic and not welcoming to new players even though they were the ones being ******es.

I wish everyone a good day and I'm out
This is the sad truth, lots of players, the ones who are actually clueless, take it as an insult when you explain mechanics or effective way to do things.

I am thinking of one tank in MM Legacy of the Rakata. At Commander Rand boss, since he just rushed into battle, I asked to LOS behind the pilar, which he didn't care for. At the end of the fight, I explained that if everyone LOS behind the pilar, every add will come and pile up there in a small area so they can all be AOE'd and since the boss also jumps into that place you don't even have to move.

I wasn't calling names, calling him a noob or whatever, just explaining a more effective way of doing this boss. And he felt insulted, bragging that he ran this FP enough times that he knew how to run it, posting his 25 HM runs achievement... from 2020. Too bad, he started the e-peen contest so I replied with mine... which was from 2016, adding: it's 2021, guess how many more runs since then.

Even when people think that they know how to run a FP, because no one actually never taught them how to, they don't realize that they can be wrong and refuse to listen to advices. But once again this is 2021, whatever you say, no matter how you say it, people take it as a personal insult.
Randomizing your forums.

JediQuaker
Yesterday , 07:28 AM | #10168
Quote: Originally Posted by demotivator View Post
I am thinking of one tank in MM Legacy of the Rakata. At Commander Rand boss, since he just rushed into battle, I asked to LOS behind the pilar, which he didn't care for. At the end of the fight, I explained that if everyone LOS behind the pilar, every add will come and pile up there in a small area so they can all be AOE'd and since the boss also jumps into that place you don't even have to move.
I agree that LOS'ing Rand is probably the best strat, and I prefer to use it, but ... as a Gunslinger, just bunching the adds up where they spawn also works fine for my AoE. It works either way for me.
So, it's not that people who don't LOS are "wrong", they're just doing it in an alternate (albeit, more failure prone) manner.

When I do this FP, I just generally go with whatever the tank does. 🙂

I always get a chuckle at that part where you can kill the baddies in their sleep (DS choice) or wake them up and then kill them (LS). They die either way. 😏
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Ollmich
Today , 01:02 AM | #10169
Quote: Originally Posted by demotivator View Post

I wasn't calling names, calling him a noob or whatever, just explaining a more effective way of doing this boss. And he felt insulted, bragging that he ran this FP enough times that he knew how to run it, posting his 25 HM runs achievement... from 2020. Too bad, he started the e-peen contest so I replied with mine... which was from 2016, adding: it's 2021, guess how many more runs since then.

Even when people think that they know how to run a FP, because no one actually never taught them how to, they don't realize that they can be wrong and refuse to listen to advices. But once again this is 2021, whatever you say, no matter how you say it, people take it as a personal insult.
LoS works nicely when you have a bunch of ranged mobs but these guys in Rakata FP are melees. It doesn't matter if you stay behind the pillar or in the middle of the platform, they'll come to you anyway. People just need to stack up and wait for a few seconds. Of course it's hard to expect from pugs, there'll always will be a mara jumping to adds as soon as they appear or a sorc staying miles away from others and pulling aggro. Similarly, there'll always be a dude who doesn't know about the pillar, doesn't read chat or doesn't bother so adds end up being everywhere.

Not a big deal anyway. It's not like you can't finish the fight or it takes much longer if adds aren't stacked up for AoE burn.

That tank's reaction was a bit too emotional though.