HK-55 on a boosted character

Econometrix

Is it possible to get HK-55 on a character boosted using a commander token? I understand the CM purchase provides access to the Shroud of Memory (KOTFE) mission. Looking at the mission log for the character in question, it is unclear to me if the KOTFE story missions are completed by default or if I have to complete them. The Shroud of Memory quest is grayed out, which either implies that I need to complete the earlier KOTFE story missions or need to purchase the CM item to start the mission.

If you have access to Arma Rasa (the HK-55 alert) and Shroud of Memory (the HK-55 bonus chapter) then yes. After Chapter IX of Fallen Empire, whether through regular play or skipping, you will have access to the mission To Find A Findsman. You have to complete TFAF in order to access the Arma Rasa Alliance Alert. You have to complete Arma Rasa in order to do Shroud of Memory.

Is it possible to get HK-55 on a character boosted using a commander token? I understand the CM purchase provides access to the Shroud of Memory (KOTFE) mission. Looking at the mission log for the character in question, it is unclear to me if the KOTFE story missions are completed by default or if I have to complete them. The Shroud of Memory quest is grayed out, which either implies that I need to complete the earlier KOTFE story missions or need to purchase the CM item to start the mission.

The Commander token, if you use it to create a level *70* character, sets you up as if the character has completed all the main story up until the beginning of Jedi Under Siege (Ossus). (Class stories, class companion stories, Prelude to Revan, Shadow of Revan, Rise of the Emperor, Knights of the Fallen Empire, Knights of the Eternal Throne, and the Fractured Alliances "Traitor arc".) If you start at level 60, the character begins at the *beginning* of KotFE and can then play KotFE etc. in "first play" mode, but with the earlier stuff completed.

Regardless of how you arrive at it, Shroud of Memory does not give you the rebuilt HK-55(1). That version of HK-55 comes from the Arma Rasa Alliance Alert, which requires, as a prerequisite, that you complete To Find A Findsman.

To obtain Arma Rasa and Shroud of Memory, if you weren't a subscriber at the right parts of 2016, yes, you must buy the Shroud of Memory token from the CM. (That's what it's for: give people who weren't subscribed back then access to these missions.)

(1) There's no way to reobtain the *original* HK-55, of course. What Arma Rasa gives you is always a new droid that's like HK-55.

Thanks. I can confirm I was able to use the CM item to start the arma rasa quest (after completing to find a findsman) and ultimately secure Z0-OM as a companion. This was on an alliance character. Interestingly, he already has HK-55 as one of his companions (available at time he was boosted to 70).

Curious about what you mean by the quest-given HK-55 being different from the original HK-55. Any mechanical differences?

Thanks. I can confirm I was able to use the CM item to start the arma rasa quest (after completing to find a findsman) and ultimately secure Z0-OM as a companion. This was on an alliance character. Interestingly, he already has HK-55 as one of his companions (available at time he was boosted to 70).

Curious about what you mean by the quest-given HK-55 being different from the original HK-55. Any mechanical differences?

It's not a game-mechanical difference, but from a narrative point of view, as you saw while you were doing Arma Rasa, they in essence built a new droid that is *like* the original, but is not the original.

The smoking wreckage of the original might still be in the remains of the Control Spar on Asylum, but seeing as how that was a floating station somewhat similar to the Bespin cloud city, those remains are probably way too far deep in the lower parts of the planet's atmosphere.