What happens when my subscription is over

emrit

I have been playing swtor since f2p came out but recently i bought a non recuring 60 day subscription. when this subsctiption expires will i lose all the new characters i created and stuff like that or does it let me keep the characters i created during the subscription and just change back the gameplay to f2p. Please resbond i dont want to put a ton of work into a character for nothing. THX!!!!:)

I have been playing swtor since f2p came out but recently i bought a non recuring 60 day subscription. when this subsctiption expires will i lose all the new characters i created and stuff like that or does it let me keep the characters i created during the subscription and just change back the gameplay to f2p. Please resbond i dont want to put a ton of work into a character for nothing. THX!!!!:)

Unless you have bought additional character slots (those of course would be there even when your sub ends), you will have to decide which of your existing characters that exceed the amount of f2p character slots will be your active chars. The inactive ones won't be deleted, though.

What I don't know at the moment is how often you can change your active characters, if possible at all.

when your sub runs out you will become a preff player and have all the restrictions that come with that. as for the chars that you have made you will be able to keep them but you will be only allowed 6 char slots so if you have more then that you will have to decide what ones you want to keep (or buy a char slot from the CM or the GTN). I would suggest that if your not going to re-sub when your 60 days are over to try and earn as many credits as you can and buy whatever unlocks you will need from the GTN before your sub runs out and you have a credit cap of 350k (some of the account wide unlocks for for 2-2.5million on the server i am on).

Thx these helped but what if they are subscriber species like twilek or sith and now that new subs get rise of the hut cartel for free does that make me a preferred status player no matter what?

You will be able to keep any character species on existing characters, but not on new ones unless you unlock them from Legacy. For example, lets say you have a Twi'lek Smuggler now. When you go Preferred, you will still be able to play your Twi'lek Smuggler, but you will not be able to make a Twi'lek Jedi, Sith, ect. However, if you get your Twi'lek Smuggler to lvl 50, you will unlock him on the Legacy and will be able to then make a Twi'lek Jedi, Sith, ect.

You will only get 6 character slots free to play with. If you want more, you need to buy unlocks (costs around 100k credits each on Jung Ma.) You will not lose the other characters, but will lose the ability to play with them until you get the unlocks. For example, lets say you have 8 characters and no unlocks. You will have to choose which 6 characters you wish to play with. The other two will stay on your character selection screen, but will be locked until you buy the unlock.

Yes, anybody that pays any money to BioWare is a Preferred Player. Check out the chart at http://www.swtor.com/free/features to see what Preferred Players get over free players.

EDIT: See below: BioWare has just confirmed that you will keep Rise of the Hutt Cartel after your subscription.

About Rise of the Hutt Cartel: if you bought the expansion before it became free for subscribers, you will keep it as a Preferred player. If you did not buy it but got it free with other subscibers, my guess is that you will lose the expansion. (This process is how DC Universe Online has it. The phrasing from BioWare gives me that they are doing this the same way.)
Players who got access to RotHC free with their sub will not lose it when their sub expires.

Official post in this thread.

• 2 years later...
Unless you have bought additional character slots (those of course would be there even when your sub ends), you will have to decide which of your existing characters that exceed the amount of f2p character slots will be your active chars. The inactive ones won't be deleted, though.

What I don't know at the moment is how often you can change your active characters, if possible at all.

So if I have subsription now, and as soon as now I have only 2 characters, and I want to buy for credits (I saw price about 3000000) new character slot, I want do it as soon as I will reach that price, because if my subscription end I will have limit to owness credits, then I will be able to buy it only with cartel coins, so my question is if I will buy for example two slots for characters will these dissapear when subs end?, now I can have 14 slots, after 30 days I will have only 6, but I want 8, to make all classes, so will I have 8 slots?

First, FYI, Necro. So only reply to the newer posts...

Yes, once your sub ends, you will have a 350K credit cap. So if you want to use credits to buy extra Server Character slots, do while you are subbed.

But ...

I've read that they increased the Preferred's to a default 8 slots (vs. the old 6). Now, I'm not 100% sure of that, so you might want to ask here or in General Chat to confirm.

First, FYI, Necro. So only reply to the newer posts...

Yes, once your sub ends, you will have a 350K credit cap. So if you want to use credits to buy extra Server Character slots, do while you are subbed.

But ...

I've read that they increased the Preferred's to a default 8 slots (vs. the old 6). Now, I'm not 100% sure of that, so you might want to ask here or in General Chat to confirm.

Thanks for information, and sorry, but I have had already refer so I can't take it

• 5 years later...
I chose a sith specie on one of my characters. What happens if my subscription expires? Do I still keep that character? Thanks.

There are limitations on the number of characters you can have as Preferred but it doesn't matter what class or faction they are.