Sith Politics: No More Games

WorldSmasher

[A Snippet]

“What do you think?” Jedi Master Sahn Ho asked Ciiru Nomuro.

“Haven’t we lost enough Jedi to these raids?” he asked, incredulous that the Jedi Council would consider yet another raid against the Sith. “There is no chaos. There is Harmony,” Ciiru quoted from the Jedi Code, then asking, “Has that lost its meaning to the Jedi Council?”

“Ciiru, there are some on the Council with such close attunement to The Force, that at times, they are able to see events that have yet unfolded,” Sahn Ho said.

“I know about this,” Ciiru replied, before reminding him, “Yet Time and The Force are always in flux. Nothing is certain. We expected the Sith Empire to dissolve into a fit of multi factional civil wars after the demise of Emperor Vitiate.

“Instead, we have seen the Sith unite and stand in solidarity. We rid the galaxy of one evil Sith lord who’d ruled for nearly a millennia and a half, but instead gained a new Sith ruler who would multiply the evil of their order with the sharing of forbidden dark knowledge. Things have become worse.

“The destruction of Vitiate was to bring about the end of the Sith Empire, but it is the Galactic Republic which faces annihilation, and the Jedi Order which is finding itself straying from its ideals. The Council must rethink its decision,” Ciiru said, to Jedi Master Sahn Ho, himself a member of the Jedi Council.

“Gnost-Dural said pretty much the same thing you did, and Bela Kiwiiks backed him up, but they were out voted,” Sahn Ho said.

Ciiru listened quietly, realizing that the Jedi councilor sitting across the caf table from him basically told him that he voted with the majority.

“The Force is leading us down a path which seems counter intuitive; I’ll not deny it. We must trust The Force,” Sahn Ho concluded.

“Yes, and yet….,” Ciiru Nomuro said, pausing to think.

After a moment, he realized that he was at odds with himself, and with what he had recently come to believe.

“We always think about The Force,” Ciiru said, turning to face Sahn Ho, “To clarify, we say, The Light Side, or The Dark Side of The Force. To some, it means there are two The Force, one is light and one is Dark. To others, there is only one The Force, one side is Light and one side is Dark.”

Sahn Ho shrugged.

“And?”

“What if there is neither Light, nor Dark, just The Force?” Ciiru went on, risking everything as he aired the heretical line of thought he’d been pondering ever since his time on Makeb. “What if Light or Dark is determined by what is in our hearts; how we live our lives; how we treat others, because The Force wanted it that way?”

Ciiru went on, despite the look on Sahn Ho’s face.

“If seeking to end the war is something that falls on The Light Side of The Force, then doesn’t anything we do to prolong the war be considered a Dark Side pursuit?”

“You are trying to tell me,” Sahn Ho said, almost laughing, “that the Jedi Council are following the Dark Side of The Force.”

“Again, Master Sahn, what if there is no Light or Dark Sides of The Force? What if the Light and the Dark is what is in our hearts? The Force uses us to bring into realization its own will, whether for good or for evil.”

“I do not believe that evil is in the hearts of the councilors, Ciiru.”

“The roads and avenues to the Nine Hells are paved with good intentions: is how the old saying goes, Master Sahn.”

“If you were a padawan asking me these questions, I would be glad to debate you and help guide you to an understanding of the Jedi Code and of the teachings of the way of the Jedi faith. You are no padawan, Ciiru. You are a Knight of the Jedi Order. Your words carry weight and consequence. If you intend to confront the Jedi Council with your line of reasoning, then you must be prepared to stand up for your beliefs at a former inquest.

“There, your theories can be put to the test. There you will prove your point, or be demoted, and possibly cast out of the Order. I won’t say anything to the others on the Jedi Council. When you feel yourself ready, seek a formal audience to be heard,” Sahn Ho said, all traces of humor and friendly disposition gone from his face.

“It is a line of thought that has been weighing heavy on me because of events that occurred on Makeb. I have too much more to consider and to think about. I’m not anywhere near ready for such an inquest, Master,” Ciiru said.

“Why did you bring this to my attention if you are not ready, Ciiru?”

Ciiru looked down and shook his head morosely.

“I was hoping you’d debate me,” he answered, “and guide me back to the way of Jedi teachings.”

Ciiru gave mirthless chuckle as he returned his eyes to the Jedi Master.