Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2020 Greetings from Keith!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

IzumiCurtis
01.28.2020 , 04:59 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Has there been any mention, or has anyone been able to test this on the PTS, about the amount of strongholds you can have? I'm at the maximum of 8. Will that be raised or would I have to deactivate one of the others in order to get the Alderaan one? (I won't deactivate anything, so if 8 is the limit, I won't get Alderaan.)
The max is actually ten. (Probably because of people who--including me--ended up with doubles of strongholds due to the mergers awhile back.) So you're good for another couple strongholds.

ImmortalLowlife
01.28.2020 , 05:06 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
:[*]Tomorrow! – The Umbaran Patrol Tauntaun will kick off of as a “February” sub-reward. Be a subscriber at any time before Feb 29, starting tomorrow, and you will have the Tauntaun waiting for you in your in-game inbox.
Three questions...
1. Is this a pet or an actual mount?
2. I noticed this is the "February" sub gift. Does that mean we can expect more sub gifts, and how often?
3. If any of the sub gifts are armor sets, could you please possibly put them in the crates instead of sending individual pieces? (as that takes up less storage space)

But thanks for checking in!
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

"It's so haaard to say goodbye... To refer a friend!" or whatever Boys 2 Men said

Damask_Rose
01.28.2020 , 05:08 PM | #43
Hey everyone,

Happy 2020! It has been a little while since my last post and I wanted to kick the year off with a bit of an update.
Hey to you too! Communication has been dismal again. What happened to Mr. Steed and the QA_Droid?

It’s been very exciting to see so many players on beginning and core worlds, participating with older expansion content, and joining us on Ossus, Onderon, Mek-Sha and Corellia.
Since you have acknowledged how important the earlier parts of the game are, could you go one step further and make sure you don't hurt their relevance? Return gear to planetary vendors. Return the removed heroic quest givers and the heroic hand in content. Beef up the ability for lower level characters to participate in conquest. (And, my dream QoL, a token to freeze leveling so I can grind for specific world drops!)

[*]Tomorrow! – The Umbaran Patrol Tauntaun will kick off of as a “February” sub-reward. Be a subscriber at any time before Feb 29, starting tomorrow, and you will have the Tauntaun waiting for you in your in-game inbox.
That's great! I love getting things in my mailbox. Of course, I do have to wonder how long before you give it out again...

[*]Game Update 6.1 – Many of you had the chance to check out the Alderaan Stronghold and the upcoming class changes on PTS, and we really appreciate the feedback you provided. I am happy to announce (barring any emergencies), Game Update 6.1 will launch on Tuesday, February 11th.
The stronghold looks beautiful! Decos are so pricey now I'll never get it decorated though. My Rishi stronghold is still bare. Could you please review the numerous ways the stronghold system needs to be improved? Starting with fixing the accretion of bugs.

[*]Game Update 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 – Our next two game updates are currently scheduled to be pretty quick on the heels of 6.1. You should expect to see these updates in the next couple of months after 6.1 is live. They will include some new quality of life changes for Conquests, more class changes, Master Mode Dxun, and more! Stay tuned to the PTS forum for more details on specifically what is coming in each update.
Nothing to get excited about here. I hope there are at least a metric ton of bug fixes in the mix since it sounds like it's going to be a long time before we get a decent chuck of story.

After the last few changes to Conquest, I'm very leery about what you consider a QoL change. It's been one step forward and two steps back and it's far from as fun as the first iteration.

[*]2020 – The team is working on a lot of exciting things for this year. We will really have a big focus on quality of life, updated stories, PvP improvements and much, much more. We want to ensure your time in SWTOR is very enjoyable by having plenty of activities, goals, and rewards.
Without any details, it's impossible to get interested in anything you said. Which QoL? Ones we've asked for for years? Or crap no one wanted like the garish vendor icons we can't disable?

What do you mean by updated stories? Did you mean to say story updates as in some new dabbles, or are you doing something to the older stories (which terrifies me since that's my favorite part of the game.)

I'm a fan of activities, goals, and rewards, but I'm not at all sure of what you mean. If past experience is any indication, you mean we will get to grind the same old content ad nasueam for very little return, and solo/story content will be further marginalized.

[*]Star Wars Celebration- Right now we are also looking forward to this year’s SW Celebration! We are planning to have a Cantina there and would love to see you all in person. We’ll have some cool announcements, swag, and many SWTOR developers available for you to meet.
Could we please get a new cantina crate item? The gold Aurebesh ones all look the same.
My name is Milind. I checked it again and can confirm you there is no bug with any companion in the game.

omaan
01.28.2020 , 05:22 PM | #44
Hey everyone,

Happy 2020! It has been a little while since my last post and I wanted to kick the year off with a bit of an update. Before I do, I really want to say Thank You to everyone who has stayed with us and have joined us to play SWTOR. It’s been very exciting to see so many players on beginning and core worlds, participating with older expansion content, and joining us on Ossus, Onderon, Mek-Sha and Corellia. I continue to play the game a lot as I believe it’s vitally important to have the same type of experiences as our players. This enables me to leverage what I learn which helps guide future changes with our game.

I know a big question on your mind is, what is coming next? Here is a quick look at my thoughts on what is coming soon, and in the future:
  • Tomorrow! – The Umbaran Patrol Tauntaun will kick off of as a “February” sub-reward. Be a subscriber at any time before Feb 29, starting tomorrow, and you will have the Tauntaun waiting for you in your in-game inbox.
  • Game Update 6.1 – Many of you had the chance to check out the Alderaan Stronghold and the upcoming class changes on PTS, and we really appreciate the feedback you provided. I am happy to announce (barring any emergencies), Game Update 6.1 will launch on Tuesday, February 11th.
  • Game Update 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 – Our next two game updates are currently scheduled to be pretty quick on the heels of 6.1. You should expect to see these updates in the next couple of months after 6.1 is live. They will include some new quality of life changes for Conquests, more class changes, Master Mode Dxun, and more! Stay tuned to the PTS forum for more details on specifically what is coming in each update.
  • 2020 – The team is working on a lot of exciting things for this year. We will really have a big focus on quality of life, updated stories, PvP improvements and much, much more. We want to ensure your time in SWTOR is very enjoyable by having plenty of activities, goals, and rewards.
  • Star Wars Celebration- Right now we are also looking forward to this year’s SW Celebration! We are planning to have a Cantina there and would love to see you all in person. We’ll have some cool announcements, swag, and many SWTOR developers available for you to meet.
  • 2021 – SWTOR’s 10th year! This seems like a great target to work towards doing something major…more to come, of course, but I wanted you to know we’re already starting to plan out the next few years.

Again, thanks for playing SWTOR and helping us make it an awesome experience for so many new players.

Respectfully,

-Keith----------
team ranked is DEAD, number of buggs growing as hell, class balance in 6.x is much worse compared to 5.x, more buggs compared to all previous patches....you sure to handle it?
Lost your transcendence? You have to choose between camouflage and other important and cool abilities? Playing guardian feels same as playing sentinel? I think there is no sense to continue. Final Fantasy XIV has different and unique classes which are absolutely different! Try free trial which includes access up to the end of its first expansion!

phalczen
01.28.2020 , 06:51 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Since you have acknowledged how important the earlier parts of the game are, could you go one step further and make sure you don't hurt their relevance? Return gear to planetary vendors. Return the removed heroic quest givers and the heroic hand in content. Beef up the ability for lower level characters to participate in conquest. (And, my dream QoL, a token to freeze leveling so I can grind for specific world drops!)
I would love a check box toggle in options or something similar that would disable the automatic heroic completion and require us to go to the NPC, to experience the cut scenes.

What do you mean return gear to planetary vendors? Do you mean the static gear? They all have item modifications now since you can buy the empty adaptive gear from the level 10 vendors.

A token to freeze leveling ... I'd rather see the cosmetic world drops just drop properly. Missing weapons and armor sets, datacron decorations, Star Fortress loot ... these things are, by some reports, supposedly caused by out-leveling certain zones. To me, that's nerf-waste. Your suggestion would require players to have the foresight to freeze their leveling when they are on the right planet, but it doesn't help new players or veterans at level cap. I think the devs should just fix the loot tables so cosmetic world drops just drop no matter what level you are.
If you would like to hear more of my thoughts, consider joining our guilds on Satele Shan, "Shock and Jawa" of the Republic and "Full Metal Jawa" of the Empire. Thank you for reading!

Damask_Rose
01.28.2020 , 07:24 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
What do you mean return gear to planetary vendors? Do you mean the static gear? They all have item modifications now since you can buy the empty adaptive gear from the level 10 vendors.
Prior to 4.0 most of the planets had multiple armor vendors with sets of armor and pieces from other sets. We asked if 4.0 was going to remove any gear and we were told, in true Bioware fashion, no, when indeed, most of those vendors were stripped of the gear they sold (as well as gear sets being removed from flashpoints.) While those were mostly static, they are not available as empty adaptive gear. Some have recolors available from other sources, but since Bioware, once again in true Bioware fashion, broke our ability to dye prototype gear in outfit designer stamps, recolors are no good.

Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
A token to freeze leveling ... I'd rather see the cosmetic world drops just drop properly. Missing weapons and armor sets, datacron decorations, Star Fortress loot ... these things are, by some reports, supposedly caused by out-leveling certain zones. To me, that's nerf-waste. Your suggestion would require players to have the foresight to freeze their leveling when they are on the right planet, but it doesn't help new players or veterans at level cap. I think the devs should just fix the loot tables so cosmetic world drops just drop no matter what level you are.
The world drops do drop properly. There is nothing wrong with the planetary loot tables. They are working as intended. Again, 4.0 is to blame. It was then that world drops changed from being planet specific to level specific to accommodate level sync. The intention was for players to be able to out-level content, but have the rewards remain relevant, including loot drops. Apparently it never occurred to Bioware that players would like the opportunity to collect lower level gear.

I suggested a token to stop exp gain simply because it seems far more likely to actually get that than for Bioware to revert the 4.0 gearing changes. We do after all have the white acute module that slows leveling down a bit, just not enough to actually farm loot drops while in the right level bracket.
My name is Milind. I checked it again and can confirm you there is no bug with any companion in the game.

msbtbd
01.28.2020 , 09:18 PM | #47
Thank you so much for the update, Keith! We really appreciate it!

I have a question regarding Game Update 6.1. Earlier this month over on the Dev Tracker, Eric Musco mentioned that 6.1 would include the "next story beat" that is supposed to be about as long as Hearts and Minds. In this update of yours, however, I see no mention of said "story beat". Is that still coming in 6.1?

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of the story. I hope you give it as much love and attention as the rest of the game and don't neglect it since there are many players, myself included, who play SWTOR for the story instead of focusing on PVP, and crafting, and etc.

Thanks again!

ForfiniteStories
01.28.2020 , 09:55 PM | #48
NiM Dxun will be pointless if it ain't soloable. I mean, maybe one percent of the population will actually do it? What a waste of resources if you ask me.
"Nothing beats an A-wing." - Tallie Lintra, Battlefront II: Starfighter Assault

Daewan
01.28.2020 , 11:28 PM | #49
Hi Keith!

Darth Squeek, Dark Lord of the Skittles, Revan Fanboy
<< Derp :: Questions about SWTOR? SEARCH DULFY! :: Obligatory referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kp7S8B ::
Quote: Originally Posted by Alssaran View Post
Would you care to show me where the evil Bioware touched you? Possibly on this anatomically correct "SonofThulkose" doll?

Tsillah
01.29.2020 , 12:17 AM | #50
Hi Keith,

I unsubbed about a week ago. Your message won't change that. The game is boring and frustrating for me right now.

Why?
Crafting is a a mess and too costly compared to the output. Three issues: the mat costs, how easy it is to get 306 gear from loot compared to the cost in crafting, the conquest mat gating that makes crafting a start-stop experience.

Gearing is boring, uninspiring and I'm done with it. The initial mini game to get to 306 the first time was fun but after that it's a matter of RNG and credit sinks. It's not about being rewarded for doing challenging content. In fact you took a major incentive away from harder content. It was already bad in 5.0 but you made that even worse now. It is strange that you bring out a new ops and even a NiM mode when there are no rewards for it other than the achievement. Nothing about this says long-term thinking to me. And with long-term I mean longer than 3-6 months. I suspect this gearing system is supposed to last longer than that.

Amplifiers. It's already implied in the credit sink comment but it deserves special mention. It's a lazy system for bonuses that don't necessarily work. Apparently the crafting ones barely make a difference if you have r50 companion. So how is that an endgame thing? And it's incredibly costly because of the progressive credit cost in a gambling system. It's also going to cause a lot of rage the next time you bring out a new tier of gear and people get higher rating mods that they have to amplify again.

All in all the content is too easy and so are the rewards. It makes everything you do feel generic and with little value as it needs higher repetition. This leads to people speed running everything which is not a great experience for new players who are completely confused about what people do and get yelled at for not doing the same. There was always an element of that but I've seen it a lot more often recently.

What this game lacks is also more development for characters. The gearing is lightning fast so that's done quickly and then what? Crafting? Well not worth it unless you just do it to make credits as long as not too many people do that. So for most people it's a loss proposition. There also hasn't been anything new added to the classes, stuff you can unlock etc. Legacy is just a credit sink option. There is nothing really there that causes you to want to do content to unlock certain perks. No, just have x level and pay y amount of credits. The end.

I'll be glad to come back to the game but in its current state I can't enjoy it. The lasf few times I logged in, I was just standing around not wanting to do anything. So take that for what it's worth. I've been here since the game went live but the last few years it's been more off than on, mostly since 5.0. Galactic Command was a terrible idea and the new gearing system is better...for a month or two and then it's boring because it's too easy to get BiS gear and actually doing harder content is not rewarding since it gets the same stuff as the easy content as rewards. Perhaps a bit more but still the same. Within a couple of months I have 13 characters in full 306 gear with tacticals and set bonuses. So what do I do with that loot and tech fragments now? I can't do anything with it so the game has become completely non-rewarding because the loot and tech fragments are completely useless to me now.

So yeah, I would like to enjoy this game but right now I can't because it's all a big credit sink now and that's just boring.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect