Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Master Mode Flash Point difficulty increase

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mike_carton
02.01.2021 , 06:19 PM | #11
They increased the difficulty level of MM Operations. They're about to increase the Uprisings difficulty. Next: MM FP. Can't think of another game where the developers try to make content less accessible to the players.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

SoontirMorillo
02.01.2021 , 06:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
They increased the difficulty level of MM Operations. They're about to increase the Uprisings difficulty. Next: MM FP. Can't think of another game where the developers try to make content less accessible to the players.
I agree. I think, they should make a version of this nightmare crystal accessible for mm fp. so that players can boost themselves, if they want to.

AnthonyKG
02.05.2021 , 03:40 PM | #13
This is the only post ever by the OP. I suspect this thread is to just get the playerbase accustomed to the idea. They're already making this change.
If they are already making this a reality, then I am quite excited about this. I think they can achieve accessibility for as well as have challenging short content for those that want to run with friends and be challenged. I don't believe it cant be done at the same time.

mike_carton
02.05.2021 , 05:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AnthonyKG View Post
If they are already making this a reality, then I am quite excited about this. I think they can achieve accessibility for as well as have challenging short content for those that want to run with friends and be challenged. I don't believe it cant be done at the same time.
Another poster with no history. First post on Jan 31, 2021.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

rantboi
02.05.2021 , 08:08 PM | #15
yeah it would be nice to have some harder stuff for small groups. blood hunt was fun when it was new before they nerfed it to the ground.

AnthonyKG
02.07.2021 , 02:03 AM | #16
Another poster with no history. First post on Jan 31, 2021.
I do not understand how this is relevant to the the thread. I am a new player looking to invest more game time and enquired from the community on an aspect I am not entirely sure as to the direction the game is going. I even mentioned that if there are things already mentioned or statements made by the devs please let me know. Does one need to have history to engage with the rest of the community? I am not sure this approach is constructive, especially when someone is simply trying to find a way to improve or discuss things they wish to see in a game their are playing. Should new people to the game and community not say anything then?

demotivator
02.07.2021 , 08:10 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AnthonyKG View Post
I do not understand how this is relevant to the the thread. I am a new player looking to invest more game time and enquired from the community on an aspect I am not entirely sure as to the direction the game is going. I even mentioned that if there are things already mentioned or statements made by the devs please let me know. Does one need to have history to engage with the rest of the community? I am not sure this approach is constructive, especially when someone is simply trying to find a way to improve or discuss things they wish to see in a game their are playing. Should new people to the game and community not say anything then?
My experience in flashpoints is that new players are complete noobs. Not sure why a new player would want a harder difficulty when they can't complete flashpoints that are barely challenging.
Randomizing your forums.

AnthonyKG
02.08.2021 , 03:05 AM | #18
I can see where you are coming from but being new to the game does not necessarily mean new to gaming. Me and my friends have been playing MMOs together for a while and the basic concepts of don't stand in stuff, interrupt important casts, dont pull extra mobs, etc are things we already know about. We have been doing these Master Modes and clearing them. Yes some are harder than others but none are impossible. I, being a personal choice, would love to have them more challenging. It is not to make it harder for everyone else and not to exclude people but to have the option to trigger a key, token or anything to make the FP harder for me and my team.

Please don't turn this thread into slinging of insults and belittling people. All I am asking from you veterans, who have been playing for a while and have more information on what the devs are planning, is if this is something that has been tabled and might be possible in the future. Thaniks and cheers.

Toraak
02.08.2021 , 10:26 AM | #19
Honestly I hope this doesn't go through. There are so many people in this game that can't even do mechanics for stuff like Lost Island as it is. Making the content harder isn't the answer for such a casual community of players like Swtor has.

For those of us that only run content in full guild groups, I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem, but then you'll get into the arguement of I'm doing harder content I should be getting better rewards, and I for one like the fact I can get Top end gear by doing any activity in the game. I just wish they'd let us spend Tech fragments for specific mods and enhancements even if it was 2k per mod or enhancement.

WarCan
02.08.2021 , 11:08 AM | #20
Since there doesn't seem to be a method already incorporated into this game for the OP's suggestion, the only other alternative I can think of is NiM versions of each FP.

I just don't see this as useful. The MM queue already takes forever to pop for PUGs. These NiM versions would need to just have pre-formed groups that go to the entrance + mission giver and then select the NiM level. Otherwise, sticking NiM FPs into the queue system will just make them pop never, imo.