PVP? The problem?

Nickodemous

It so easy to pick apart, the problem is cross faction! I get why it was done....but now with a few servers, it ridiculous! The reason pvp guilds don’t exist currently, is because they don’t have too! You have imp and pub working together, pubs killing pubs, imps killing whatever, it anarchy!

All of your other pvp complaints are mute and insignificant until this is fixed. Swtor pvp, which has the potential to be great, will continue to suffer until rival sides are created again! It was not the gear that made pvp great back in the day, it was Prime Defense (pub) vs LD 50 and Unicorn Stampede (Imp) that made it epic!

Now, just a whole bunch of poo!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You haven't been here long, have you? Pull up a chair. Eventually, you'll accept the anarchy.

Try the popcorn. It isn't half bad.

Nope, acceptance of your “popcorn” is the problem! You can eat it, I will continue to play pvp from a distance if that is what I have to do!

I cannot explain to those who did not experience it how great it was! You can continue to stare at an unflushed toilet bowl and think it looks and smells great...but I don’t have too!

It so easy to pick apart, the problem is cross faction! I get why it was done....but now with a few servers, it ridiculous! The reason pvp guilds don’t exist currently, is because they don’t have too! You have imp and pub working together, pubs killing pubs, imps killing whatever, it anarchy!

All of your other pvp complaints are mute and insignificant until this is fixed. Swtor pvp, which has the potential to be great, will continue to suffer until rival sides are created again! It was not the gear that made pvp great back in the day, it was Prime Defense (pub) vs LD 50 and Unicorn Stampede (Imp) that made it epic!

Now, just a whole bunch of poo!

It really would make no difference to game play if they reverted. In fact it would probably kill pvp for good.

Before they made the change it got to the point where 80% of matches were Imp vs Imp.

And if you went republic it hardly popped because everyone was on their Imp Alts.

But if you did get some rep games and started to win, all the imps would swap to their rep Alts so they wouldn’t lose. And then it would be rep vs rep.

The problem was magnified in the lowbie brackets because of lack of players. You could have 2 Reps and 6 imps in the queue it wouldn’t pop for hours. Where as now it would keep popping because we have mixed teams.

Cross faction didn’t kill pvp guilds. Bioware killed off pvp guilds when they released 5.0 and removed pvp gearing and made people play pve content to gear for pvp. That’s what made my 30 person pvp guild (actual players, not Alts) quit the game. That and relocating the west coast server to the east coast. As far as I know there are only 2 of us still playing.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Id hang on, since the gearing is being completely revamped and it looks like abilities are gonna get completely borked, I assume a complete revamp to pvp isn't far behind.

Just assume it wont be better and likely just reward a few insider groups and the gold farming community and that way you wont be disappointed.

In the end like most MMO's the wrong people get the developer ears and it always rewards less with more. Lazy whiney players get crap it took you years to make or work for..cause you know "it isnt fair".

I wonder when we will finally move to 1 server, cant be long now. By the way tracking player names, I dont see a lot of repeats have for a long time now wondered how many "pvp" players are just BW employees.

I don't like cross faction WZs, but it is necessary given the population level currently in game.

Not just the level, but faction imbalance.

I dont think anyone would suggest WoW didnt have players in the last few years and it had to do the mervcenary thing as pops took way to long on Horde as there were never any allies.

Its a mixed bag of issues, but honestly, cross faction doesnt bother me at all in objective based PvP remotely as much as those ignoring the objectives :)

Cross faction is the problem. It has made pvp’ers lazy, not interested in getting better, wait to be carried, and just allows for more time to get on these forums to complain about insignificance.

Way back when, let’s just say a server was heavy Imp, it forced the pubs to band together, form pvp guilds, to be competitive. This, in return, caused an equal reaction from the dominant side. Yes they may have more guilds, but the pub pvper’s were still very competitive.

Swtor PvP will never regain, nor attain, it’s true potential until this is changed.

For pve, there are heavy raiding guilds...they are not cross faction. They apparently don’t need a crutch.

The pvp community are their own worst enemy. They consistently look to BioWare to fix what they refuse to fix themselves. Instead of creating a competitive community, it has become a toxic mess.

Come on, we can be better than that!

Cross faction is the problem. It has made pvp’ers lazy, not interested in getting better, wait to be carried, and just allows for more time to get on these forums to complain about insignificance.

Way back when, let’s just say a server was heavy Imp, it forced the pubs to band together, form pvp guilds, to be competitive. This, in return, caused an equal reaction from the dominant side. Yes they may have more guilds, but the pub pvper’s were still very competitive.

Swtor PvP will never regain, nor attain, it’s true potential until this is changed.

For pve, there are heavy raiding guilds...they are not cross faction. They apparently don’t need a crutch.

The pvp community are their own worst enemy. They consistently look to BioWare to fix what they refuse to fix themselves. Instead of creating a competitive community, it has become a toxic mess.

Nick, how has any of that got to do with cross faction? The game changed not because of cross faction, but because of all the poor design and development issues the devs made. Cross faction was implemented because we literally lost the majority of the pvp player base after 5.0 released. And cross faction hadn’t even happened yet.

Not being cross faction won’t stop people from wanting or needing to be carried. That’s why people would always play Imp unless reps started winning and then they’d all jump on their rep toons. Cross faction has nothing to do with people not wanting to get better. The problem is they don’t want to win because the rewards don’t incentivise them to. All they care about is epeening the scoreboard.

I’m not sure if you were playing at the time or on a break just before they introduced cross faction. But pvp was in a bad way. Pops were slow for Imps and for reps non existent outside of primetime because everyone played on IMP toons. And it was nearly always imp v imp matches during primetime. Which totally negates your theory. If you tried to play lowbies or mids it just refused to pop because there were never enough of either factions in the queue.

The reason pvp had devolved in the S**t show that we see is because of All the reasons the core reg pvp players left during the 5.x exodus. The remaining vet players were mostly ranked and we all know they treat regs as a joke. So all the newish pvpers learnt bad habits from watching them. We ended up with bad objective players teach others how to be bad and so on and so on.

It’s not cross faction that caused the problems. Cross faction was a bandaid that stopped pvp from dying completely.

The main reasons why the core reg pvpers left and a bunch of ranked too falls squarely on a few key reasons.

1. Removal of pvp gear in 5.0 and making pvpers play pve to gear up

2. Continually increased Desync with every other patch or DLC

3. Terribly Unbalanced classes

4. Match making system that doesn’t work properly

5. Bugs that go unfixed

6. BioWare not cracking down on wintrading and cheats or unbanning them if they did

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Trixx, I appreciate your opinion...but u need to think big here.

Solos are a joke, run by a few short sighted handicapped individuals. It is garbage! You and I both know that.

Here is the revelation, ending cross faction creates unity, grouping, and guild competition. “Gasp” That is not a bad thing!

You see, removing cross faction creates something strong! A unity that bypasses the turds in solo and makes group ranked a thing.

You all are to caught up in what it is. You can change that. I say +uck” solos. It a joke of a ahit show that no person should take seriously!

I would rather play with 10 pubs, and lose, rather than dealing with what we have going on now!

Solos are a joke, run by a few short sighted handicapped individuals. It is garbage! You and I both know that.

Here is the revelation, ending cross faction creates unity, grouping, and guild competition. “Gasp” That is not a bad thing!

You see, removing cross faction creates something strong! A unity that bypasses the turds in solo and makes group ranked a thing.

You all are to caught up in what it is. You can change that. I say +uck” solos. It a joke of a ahit show that no person should take seriously!

I would rather play with 10 pubs, and lose, rather than dealing with what we have going on now!

Sorry, Nick, you won’t get me to agree cross faction is the problem.

And while I do agree pvp is a hot mess that needs something done to it. Removing cross faction will just mean longer queue pops for me. Which I’ll never support because I already play outside of primetime when queue pops can be really long.

I certainly don’t want to go back to the situation we had before the last merg and cross faction was added. Where I could login on an Imp Alt (on Harbinger) and be in the queue for 2-3 hours with no pop.

I sincerely believe it would kill pvp in this game if they got rid of cross faction.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

still having trouble taking this as a serious thread.

it's a half-brained idea that has nothing to do with anything except the one thing you don't seem to harp on: it's a RP thing.

players still group in x-faction. grouping is still the best way to complete dailies. players who turn WZs into DM matches also group presently. players of all skill levels are already in guilds on both factions that they group together on.

this has to be a troll thread. :rolleyes:

still having trouble taking this as a serious thread.

it's a half-brained idea that has nothing to do with anything except the one thing you don't seem to harp on: it's a RP thing.

players still group in x-faction. grouping is still the best way to complete dailies. players who turn WZs into DM matches also group presently. players of all skill levels are already in guilds on both factions that they group together on.

this has to be a troll thread. :rolleyes:

it is either a troll thread or he trying to force other pub players to join his guild so he is no longer alone.

Without x-faction the queue system was very easily abused, both in ranked and unranked, and it was pretty toxic back then too.

Im not white knighting she can speak for herself, but i feel like you are overlooking something here that is very much big picture, queue times.

If you take it out, queue times go waaaaay up, which creates a whole other set of issues and problems.

Would you rather have something off from a lore perspective or queue times thru the roof?

PVP is really hopeless in SWTOR. Unranked is a total mess with players unwilling to care about objectives and it has become and endless lagball and voidstar spam. Gj btw !

Ranked is a toxic waste of manchildren crying and whining at every chance they get if they lose games . Also, it's super hostile to any newcomers so sometimes you wonder why it hasn't died yet.

7.0 chances in my opinion will just make more players leave .

Cross faction was added to fix the problem created by the exodus of players . Rep side wasn't getting any pops because everyone was on imp , and reps were getting mauled all the time. At least on my server .

This entire argument is based on lore. Yeah it doesn't make much sense to have a Jedi Sentinel fighting a Jedi Sage in a warzone. But let's be honest. How many serious pvpers give half a rats *** about lore. I don't give a **** about whether or not the lore of pvp makes sense. I just want to play pvp. I play pvp because I like it, not because I want to be a Jedi Guardian who fights Sith.

Sorry, Nick, you won’t get me to agree cross faction is the problem.

And while I do agree pvp is a hot mess that needs something done to it. Removing cross faction will just mean longer queue pops for me. Which I’ll never support because I already play outside of primetime when queue pops can be really long.

I certainly don’t want to go back to the situation we had before the last merg and cross faction was added. Where I could login on an Imp Alt (on Harbinger) and be in the queue for 2-3 hours with no pop.

I sincerely believe it would kill pvp in this game if they got rid of cross faction.

I literally could not agree more. If you removed cross faction pvp and factionized it again it would kill qs. As is, solo ranked qs are already very inconsistent. Even with all the servers being merged and a large population on each server, removing cross faction pvp would require people to coordinate factions in order to get solos pops. And it's already hard enough to coordinate people to even get pops going.

Edited by xXSchmedlyXx

PVP is really hopeless in SWTOR. Unranked is a total mess with players unwilling to care about objectives and it has become and endless lagball and voidstar spam. Gj btw !

Ranked is a toxic waste of manchildren crying and whining at every chance they get if they lose games . Also, it's super hostile to any newcomers so sometimes you wonder why it hasn't died yet.

7.0 chances in my opinion will just make more players leave .

Cross faction was added to fix the problem created by the exodus of players . Rep side wasn't getting any pops because everyone was on imp , and reps were getting mauled all the time. At least on my server .

As someone who completely ignore objectives in unranked pvp, I don't see a problem. It's unranked, I really don't get why people act like their lives depend on winning. You're not losing rating, you're not losing anything except 1 game.

Ranked is a mess, because BioWare doesn't give a **** about ranked pvp. People with no set or tactical are allowed to q because valor requirements are too low. Then they get globaled because there is no in game tutorial for pvp so people don't know what a dcd is. And as a "toxic" ranked pvper I can safely say, I am only toxic if you're horrible at the game and not willing to improve. If you q and get globaled and then people give you advice and you tell them you don't care. Yeah, I'm gonna be toxic to you. Cause you're acting like a 2 year old.

I must say this is true. Back in Vanilla even towards the end of it, there was community and a believe in winning a WZ for the Rep or Emp. Esp the WZs with a war theme, VS, CW, Denova, AH it created importance to fight for your cause especially if the character you build with his story made you believe in what the story was made to make you believe, that you are fighting for the what you think is right.

Yes I can understand the reasons why BW did it, but you cannot argue that what he is saying is totally correct.

BW has the best IP which is worth as White vs Black, Night vs Day, Sun vs Rain, and the cost cutting exercise which came in 4.0 and after (not only in PvP) basically threw it out of the window.

You can basically make a game alone with Jedi vs Sith, Light vs Dark, Rep vs Emp and it can work.

But BW makes the opposite direction. It basically like having real gold real resources and you change for paper dollar....

As someone who completely ignore objectives in unranked pvp, I don't see a problem. It's unranked, I really don't get why people act like their lives depend on winning. You're not losing rating, you're not losing anything except 1 game.

because that's the game: play with and against other players (as opposed to NPC) to achieve a certain objective.

honestly, all the ******** rhetoric from BW regarding deserter debuffs and consideration for "the other 15 players in the WZ," you'd think they'd do something about players "ruining the experience of others who are literally trying to play the win conditions of the map."

and no, I'm not a rage monkey who cries when players DM. I'll often join it myself. or if it's a roflstomp <premade> premade stepping on pugs, I might AFK and watch a youtube vid.

it amazes me that you (or anyone) would care so much about his rating that he wouldn't just jump in the ranked queue for some good ole DM. rating means virtually nothing in this game (a flair and a title). literally everything else you get from ranked can be amassed with a rating under 1000.

personally, I don't take any pleasure in rubbing someone's nose in dog **** until the timer runs out, which is what the vast majority of DM WZs are.