I need some explanation

TheOverMind-

This is an old post but I wasn't sure about the meaning of ''payouts''. Is it the reward of 37500 token if u get bronze or just the reward you got from a daily in ranked? He clearly states that ''until'' the next season starts. So the next season starts later after the release of patch 7.0? Like a month or few weeks? That gives us time to buy replica?

Hi everyone, we've been seeing sentiment from players asking/wanting the ability to buy replica rewards with payouts from Season 14.

Wanted to confirm that players will be able to buy the replica rewards with the payouts from season 14 until the next season starts. This is for both Top 3 and bronze/silver/gold. Should that change, we will let players know.

We do not have a set date in which season 15 will begin, but there will be a decent amount of time in between so players will be able to make the purchases they want. We will, of course, be communicating when the next season starts and all relevant info when we are able.

EDIT: Added in clarifying info.

This is an old post but I wasn't sure about the meaning of ''payouts''. Is it the reward of 37500 token if u get bronze or just the reward you got from a daily in ranked? He clearly states that ''until'' the next season starts. So the next season starts later after the release of patch 7.0? Like a month or few weeks? That gives us time to buy replica?

They said the pvp rework is coming in 7.2. I highly doubt that they would start season 15 before that happens, so it's a safe bet that it will be at least a month or two, if not more, until the next ranked season. We'll supposedly get the rewards right when the season ends on December 14, so presumably we'll have between then and season 15 to buy replicas.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Typically BioWare implements the next iteration of a major x-pac a month or two after the x-pac. This is for several reasons. They like to implement major balancing after they have metrics and data, there are minor yet still hard to solve bugs... etc. That iteration will likely be 7.1.

I don't think 7.2 will be long behind. BioWare has been hinting at major pvp changes since last year so they should have the changes already in the works. Chris has been hinting at these changes in the Theorycrafters discord. I wouldn't be so quick to assume that Season 15 starts with 7.2, however. There might not even be a season 15.

There might not even be a season 15.

It says right in the post "For those who are already looking ahead to the next season, we have big changes for PvP coming next year in Game Update 7.2. Stay tuned for more details!"

I guess they might not call it season 15 if it's something brand new, but for now it seems they're planning on another season of ranked.

It says right in the post "For those who are already looking ahead to the next season, we have big changes for PvP coming next year in Game Update 7.2. Stay tuned for more details!"

I guess they might not call it season 15 if it's something brand new, but for now it seems they're planning on another season of ranked.

IDK.... It would make more sense to say something to the effect of "The next ranked season will start Update 7.2" or something. I know we might be psychoanalyzing words that a dev probably put merely 5minutes of effort into writing. But for me the announcement seemed deliberately vague.

Interestingly enough though back at the announcement for the end of season 13, the devs did confirm the existence of season 15. https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20210125. See the end of the post "There’s still plenty of time, but all Replica rewards will no longer be available for purchase when Ranked PvP Season 15 starts (the season after the next one)" implying that there will be a season 15. Maybe their plans changed or maybe i'm just wrong.

Edited by septru

• 2 weeks later...