Unstable Arbiter’s Lightsaber - missing?

sangwine

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you have confirmation that someone got one? I know it's in the collections window, but every post I've seen so far claims they got no lightsaber. Even Dulfy doesn't have any in game pics of it and has probably bought many many hypercrates like usually.

Guys... you all so dumb, they are just milking you with those arbiter sword and cheating on you through these garbage cubes and you give them money for old stuff. So funny to see how players are being cheated by BW :p pls give them more money and make more complain threads on forum so i can eat French cheese, drink wine while reading it and laughing.

Bought a few packs yesterday, about 12, not that i was after the lightsaber mind you, i wanted that glorious movie green lightsaber crystal (which i got and it is glorious!) and the new rancor, contemplating selling that one..

no lightsaber in those crates, but i got a tonn of those chance cubes, and got the double bladed one there, so i can confirm it does indeed exist ^^

Edited by Galdric

Really, if you buy hypercrates with real money, when you know full well that you might not even be getting ANYTHING new from the new packs, you only have yourselves to blame.

A friend of mine opened a hypercrate and was frustrated as hell because over two thirds of the items he got were chance cubes, and over three quarters of the items he got through chance cubes were older **** he didn't need or want. For a new pack, he got very little new...

I would encourage everyone NOT to buy cm packs with real money because that will only reassure EAware that this new moronic gambling **** is working. No. When they release a new pack we want - shockingly - new items from it. Not *********** Antique Socorro Blasters, not Cybernetic Body Armor and certainly not more recolored iterations of the same mounts and pets.

You can come here to complain about being used and manipulated, but really you go into their scam willingly...

I got one, I opened about 75 packs to get mine.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=870419

I haven't decided if I am going to sell it yet or not. I am leaning toward selling, given the cluster this pack release was and the fact that it took me 3 hypercrates to get one, Id prob ask at least 50m.

That being said, its not the drop rate of the Lightsaber that is the problem, its about the same as the Mask of Nihilus, which is fine. The problem is the drop rate of those stupid cubes have totally destroyed the pack and taken away from the drop rate of EVERYTHING in the new packs cause the chance cube takes away from your chances for any of the new stuff.

In one pack, I got a SINGLE chance cube, and thats it, in that cube, one of those Auruk Blasters that you cant give away. The chance cubes are disgusting.

Thanks for sharing, man, though if the drop rate is that low, it shouldn't be a 'gold' item, it should be a 'platinum' item, this is absurd. They advertised it so much and to make it so rare just seems like they're trying to cheat people out of their money.

If they don't change the drop rate, people will continue to complain.

If they do up the chance, then all the people who previously bought hypercrates will still be ************ that they should get compensation.

The packs and crates are nothing more than gambling with worse odds than if you would go to Vegas. They have never tried to hide this fact. The whining is no more different than addicted gamblers screaming the games are fixed.

No, the difference is that they make items marked according to rarity and that the drop rate seems to be rarer than other items of the same quality. That's not 'accepting odds' that's them cheating at their part of the deal. If you give them money, you're supposed to have a fair chance at getting an item.

The problem is the drop rate of those stupid cubes have totally destroyed the pack and taken away from the drop rate of EVERYTHING in the new packs cause the chance cube takes away from your chances for any of the new stuff.

It's now time for me to indulge my special skill: asking really stupid questions.

How does the drop rate of cubes compare to the drop rate of bronze items in previous packs?

Alternative question:

How does the overall drop rate of gold items, including the ones in the cubes compare to the drop rate of gold items in previous packs?

If you haven't been accurately tracking this information, you're just shooting your collective mouths off.

It's now time for me to indulge my special skill: asking really stupid questions.

How does the drop rate of cubes compare to the drop rate of bronze items in previous packs?

Alternative question:

How does the overall drop rate of gold items, including the ones in the cubes compare to the drop rate of gold items in previous packs?

If you haven't been accurately tracking this information, you're just shooting your collective mouths off.

I can only go by my own anecdotal experience as someone who generally buys 3-4 hypercrates per pack release, but the Bronze drop rate overall is definitely higher than it used to be, by my estimation. Especially on the Chance Cubes. Out of 4 Hypercrates worth of Chance Cubes, i MIGHT have gotten a dozen Silver/Gold items, and that includes some dyes (which are usually AWEFUL, even if silver or gold).

As someone mentioned before the main thing that makes this pack release so horrible are the chance cubes. They add to the pool of items being rolled for in the packs themselves. On top of that they then add yet another roll within the cube that consists of all the junk that has been released since day 1.

Honestly there was nothing wrong with the way the packs worked when they initially went free to play. You had decent odds on some items and slim on others but for the most part people were happy. Now EA/Bioware for whatever reason keeps trying to reinvent the wheel and now the packs themselves are a huge cluster ****. The only way to get them to pay attention is to stop buying the newer packs. Otherwise they will just keep rigging them more in more in favor of you not getting what your after and thus causing you to spend more money.

Shouldn't Bioware make it fair by just selling these items directly on the Cartel Market and do away with crates?

Obviously their revenue would take a nose dive, but they are preying on the weak who spend silly money on loads of crates / hypercrates.

after reading all of the threads (that i clicked on) about the drop rates in this new pack i am left with four options:

-continue to buy crates until i get the items i want.

-spend a fortune on the GTN getting them after someone else bought crates.

-forget that this crate exists.

-make a dagwood sandwich and continue reading more threads...possibly adding a reply to a few.

hungry now.