Romancing Lana?

Vego_Mohenjo

Ok, so since my main character is a Consular, I don't really get a decent romance plot to play through, since Nadia is such a wet blanket and uninteresting (and 12 years old, yeesh).

So, I'd been hoping to do the Lana romance plot, but it seems to have just stopped suddenly, and I'm not sure if I missed something or if it's going to pick up again later.

I've done everything up to the Eternal Throne (right after Vaylin's defeat). Was there supposed to be romance options in there anywhere, or have I missed something?

The Lana romance is supposed to be locked in in Chapter 9 of Fallen Empire, after your first battle with Arcann. It's meant to happen by talking to her during the party. However, there is a common glitch in either Chapter 8 or Chapter 9 that sometimes kills the romance.

I think it originates in Chapter 8, but by the time people usually realize something is wrong, it's usually too late to fix. :(

From what I can tell, you can tell if it is working properly if she kisses you at the start of "Taking Flight," and if she comes to rescue you from Arcann. If not, sometimes restarting the chapter helps, but once you finish Chapter 8 for the first time, I don't know of a way to fix the bug.

Edited by OldVengeance

Chapter 8 of Fallen Empire?

I'm about to start Chapter 9 of Eternal Throne, and there's been NO romantic options at any point. At least, not that I remember.

Am I to gather there's no way to fix this? I waited YEARS to get a viable romance going with this character, I'm going to be... distressed... if it's broken and unrecoverable because of a bug or something.

Chapter 8 of Fallen Empire?

I'm about to start Chapter 9 of Eternal Throne, and there's been NO romantic options at any point. At least, not that I remember.

The first [Flirt] is during the race to save the reactor (Chapter III), if you took that option, and the next one is at the pool of fresh water during Chapter IV (finding the Gravestone) regardless of what you did with the reactor.

The scene in Chapter VIII isn't *automatically* required (if Koth comes to save the day, you can nevertheless still do the Lana romance thing, if ...), but probably helps.

The scene in the cantina in KotFE Chapter IX is notoriously tricky, not least because the key option, even if it doesn't bug out, is easy to mistake for a [Flirt] with Theron.

1. I'd like to see one of you.

2. [Flirt] I'd like to see one of you.

The text changes depending on your class, but it's always the same wording in both options. The second option means "I'd like to establish a romance with one of you", and *not* "I'd like to see one of you right after I flirt with Theron".

Am I to gather there's no way to fix this? I waited YEARS to get a viable romance going with this character, I'm going to be... distressed... if it's broken and unrecoverable because of a bug or something.

There's currently no way to fix it. There are occasional vague rumours / hints that they are planning to add a "well, I just realised how much I love you, Lana" mission for people who've had bugs or missed opportunities, but "vague hints" is the best we have right now, so don't get your hopes up.

Something I've noted is that if I call up the Chapters list, I can go back and highlight chapters I've already done in Story mode. On the right side, the button says Grant Mission.

I assume this means I can replay the mission?

If I do, does it reset all the progress in subsequent missions (meaning I'd have to play them all again)?

Would this potentially give me the opportunity to restore any broken romance options?

Something I've noted is that if I call up the Chapters list, I can go back and highlight chapters I've already done in Story mode. On the right side, the button says Grant Mission.

I assume this means I can replay the mission?

It means exactly that.

If I do, does it reset all the progress in subsequent missions (meaning I'd have to play them all again)?

No, not at all. You replay the chapter as it was when you first played through it, and the decisions you make in the replay are discarded as soon as the replay is complete. Important: it does not rewrite history.

Would this potentially give me the opportunity to restore any broken romance options?

No. See above.

A glitch happens when there's a patch to the game after you started Chapter III but before you do Chapter IX. The game can forget to give you the flirt option in Chapter IX. To force the game to give you the flirt you have to flirt with Theron when he arrives on Odessen and tell him he got better looking. (It's the truth, anyway. ;) ) Then the flirt option in the Cantina will happen. Provided you flirted with Lana earlier you will be able to choose her. If you did not flirt with Lana or Koth then it will automatically give you a conversation with Theron, but you don't have to go through with a romance if he's just a friend to you. If that happens and you know you flirted with Lana earlier the game erased it.

Well... this ticks me off. I've gone something like 7 years with no romance plot for this character, and when I finally get a decent romance story to play it BREAKS? Unrecoverably?

This ticks me off a LOT.

I hope they plan on implementing some kind of a reset mechanism when 7.0 goes live so I can start over without having to discard this character with all his unlocked items and perks.

I should say though, I'm not entirely sure the plot IS broken. Is there a way to find out? I would have thought such things would appear in the LOG, but that's crazy talk.

Open the Companions and Contacts panel ("N"), and scroll down to Lana. Read the text in the bottom half that describes her interactions.

I looked there. It says practically nothing.

I do remember a kiss while on the Gravestone, but I don't remember one before going to fight Arcann (I've been looking back at some youtube vids of the interactions). It's just taken me SO long to get through the story that I don't remember everything. Recruiting 4X stalled me for nearly 3 years as I loathe pvp, and recruiting him forces me into pvp.

I'm really torn by this.

The romance plots are in most respects my favourite part of the game. My character, being a Consular, really doesn't GET a decent romance plot, as the only character open to him is Nadia, and she's both uninteresting and is presented so late in the game that there's no time to get attached to her. So, I was counting on romancing Lana, as she seems to be the only other option (though, honestly, she doesn't really appeal to me all that much either).

With 7.0 coming, I'd been considering restarting the character so I could play with the Jedi Knight "Origin" (meaning he'd play the Knight story with the Knight companions, including the Kira romance), but using the Sage "Combat Style" (advanced class). However, this character has been around for the better part of a decade, and I really don't want to lose everything he's acquired and unlocked over that time (eg. collectibles, rare equipment like the Revanite Lightsaber, cartel items and unlocks like inventory and bank space and so on).

This means I have only two hopes for this character. First is that there's another romance possible somewhere. Second would be that they let us reset characters so I can play him through the Knight story with the Sage abilities.