KOTFE Story and Companions

CharlesBoyd

The x12 is up until pretty much the day before early access of KOTFE this October. Roll a new toon?

The problem there is I worked hard to get the look and items I wanted for my Consular :)

Though, I think I may have the whole outfit free now. Will have to check! I just may do that now if I do!

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem there is I worked hard to get the look and items I wanted for my Consular :)

Though, I think I may have the whole outfit free now. Will have to check! I just may do that now if I do!

Ahh yea. I never considered cosmetics, only stats >.>

Hey folks!

• The Outlander: your character’s past will be a key part of their identity as the Outlander moving forward. The choices you’ve made, romances you’ve pursued, your class, etc are all a part of who your character is, and those decisions will be honored in KOTFE; often in unexpected ways. How that works for characters who are created at level 60 is something we’ll dive into in the future, but we will not be setting a “canon” version of any class or world storyline. Your choices matter – that’s at the heart of our storytelling philosophy at BioWare.

[Charles had to take a few days off to relax, but he’ll be back in time to answer more questions at our Community Cantina event at San Diego Comic Con next month! - Musco]

So, does that mean, skipping any side quests will have adverse effects on my story post 60?? cause with the 12x xp active, i have to skip alot of side quests, if that is the case, then using this 12x xp thing is going to harm our story in the coming expansion.

Sorry if I missed this question or a response in all these posts, but what about players who have several toons at end game with very little companions and almost none of the current story completed?

I have multiple raiding toons who have basically the starter companion, the droid, and the ewok. What then?

Pretty sure there will be some sort of check to see if you have completeted your personal story before launching you into KotFE story.

Meaning you will still be able to level up to 65, just not play the original story.

They'll screw it up in way or another and piss a lot of folks off, calling it now.

This is EA after all.

I still remember how they negatively impacted(IMO) ME2 and 3, DragonAge2, etc.

Oh I want Jaesa back btw EA, turn her bisexual too(she's crazy enough for it, especially DS, listen to half the stuff she says every time you click her "Whatever my master says"....etc

She better not look like Granny either! You've been warned!

Edited by MSpectre

Here is a before SOR expansion release, comment I did in reddit (about the feature of swtor rumors)... I WAS RIGHT 100%

HMMM

I could tell you how it goes after... (but I only know part of the actual events, not the imaginary wanna be).

I actually wrote that the next expansion will be jadus related. Give me this scum, I wanna kill him NOW.. lol (he fled once, as a coward "in mythology", now we get the satisfaction of killing this thing". Jadus is also easy to detect in the modern religions. He almost kept his original name, he took after "Revan" in star wars, so it was easy for me to speculate.

The story is actually non canon, the way is represented is a bit canon. I hope he wont fled in star wars as he did in mythology, because after the attack of the empire in his forces, they caught Jadus in his sleep. So jadus and some left overs of his fleet, fled the war. (this is how the expansion ends). Bellow is what happened to Jadus, but this part I am a 100% certain, it will not be added in the story of star wars. After, he and his remaining forces, invaded a solar system for its resources to regroup, he also destroyed 2 planets in that solar system, because the residents of it, denied to surrender and they also informed the empire for his intrusion. He disturbed the balance of that solar system in a point to colapse. He got imprisoned in that solar system and he cannot escape since. The empire shield the entrances and exits of that solar system till he surrenders or he makes a suicide move and dies.

the above is actual true story, the empire did it, but in star wars lore, its a bit reversed, so probably the republics will do it. Just consider where the jedi naming is comming from.. lol EMPIRE ALL THE WAY.

Edited by Oyranos

I hate to be a buzz kill op, but you and Bioware have said this before, but its never turned out to be true. The words your decisions decide how things go. Example of this would be Quinn, if I had the choice on my sith warrior, I would have tortured then executed him for his betrayal. Your story forced us to go one way. The only story where a choice actually in some small way was decided by the player was the Imperial agent.

Also I have several concerns regarding the Bounty hunter. The story does not make you a mandalorian warrior via the normal way, you are instead fast tracked via the great the hunt. Stories after the fact force you to either go with I am the merc loyal credits, or I am loyal to the Empires cause. I do not know how far along you guys are with this expansion in regards to the bounty hunter story. So I have a radical, may not be practical suggestion, which is allow the bounty hunter to pick one of three paths for this expansion. The first being follow the path of being a mandalorian warrior, the second being a independent merc for hire, and the last possibly joining the Imperial military as a trooper. Each is complicated and each would present its own complications. If not practicle. I would follow the Mandalorian warrior story line all the way this time around. Instead of splitting it up with no real solid path like it is now. Example trooper fights for the republic, or for duty, or for vengeance, and or because he enjoys war. At the end of the day he is a trooper from start to finish. This clarity has never existed in the Bounty hunter story line.

As for Theron if I had it my way I would have had my trooper attach a grenade to him and let it go off but thats me.

I hate to be a buzz kill op, but you and Bioware have said this before, but its never turned out to be true. The words your decisions decide how things go. Example of this would be Quinn, if I had the choice on my sith warrior, I would have tortured then executed him for his betrayal. Your story forced us to go one way. The only story where a choice actually in some small way was decided by the player was the Imperial agent.

Also I have several concerns regarding the Bounty hunter. The story does not make you a mandalorian warrior via the normal way, you are instead fast tracked via the great the hunt. Stories after the fact force you to either go with I am the merc loyal credits, or I am loyal to the Empires cause. I do not know how far along you guys are with this expansion in regards to the bounty hunter story. So I have a radical, may not be practical suggestion, which is allow the bounty hunter to pick one of three paths for this expansion. The first being follow the path of being a mandalorian warrior, the second being a independent merc for hire, and the last possibly joining the Imperial military as a trooper. Each is complicated and each would present its own complications. If not practicle. I would follow the Mandalorian warrior story line all the way this time around. Instead of splitting it up with no real solid path like it is now. Example trooper fights for the republic, or for duty, or for vengeance, and or because he enjoys war. At the end of the day he is a trooper from start to finish. This clarity has never existed in the Bounty hunter story line.

As for Theron if I had it my way I would have had my trooper attach a grenade to him and let it go off but thats me.

Many decisions were scrapped because early beta players complained about screwing up and not being able to reload. That is why we can't kill companions, even though some would very much deserve it, or why some decisions do not have the weight they should have. PR talk for this expansion suggests that BW decided they will make the new choices matter much more, and force their players to live with their decisions, as it has usually been in regular BW games.

Basically every character is fast tracked to their position, because of being sheer ******es and doing stuff that no normal soldier, Jedi or Sith could accomplish.

And I am pretty sure that the story is already mostly done and finished, and is now under testing and ironing out some problems. However, you were always capable of playing Loyal to Credits (usually DS/neutral choices) and Mandalorian Honor (LS/Neutral choices). Yes, circumstances in Act 3 force you to be Sith Lord's lapdog, but you can beat your way out of it eventually, and becoming a "free agent", who still takes contracts from Empire.

Also keep in mind that Mandalorians have been allies of the Empire, and it didn't seem to be changing any time soon, eve though Mandalore seemed to be a bit tired of "fighting Sith's wars for them"

They'll screw it up in way or another and piss a lot of folks off, calling it now.

This is EA after all.

I still remember how they negatively impacted(IMO) ME2 and 3, DragonAge2, etc.

Oh I want Jaesa back btw EA, turn her bisexual too(she's crazy enough for it, especially DS, listen to half the stuff she says every time you click her "Whatever my master says"....etc

She better not look like Granny either! You've been warned!

Someone will be pissed no matter what they do. It's all part of gaming.

Dragon Age 2 was a cluster of stupid because it was rushed out. To this day, I still can't finish that game. Even when I'm attemping my Dragon Age: Origins/DA 2/Inquisition play through of all three I can't finish it.

I'm hoping a lot of our companions are turned into romances. I have been waiting, WAITING, for my poor Warrior to FINALLY be with Pierce! And not in a fan fic but officially!

Dragon Age 2 was a cluster of stupid because it was rushed out. To this day, I still can't finish that game. Even when I'm attemping my Dragon Age: Origins/DA 2/Inquisition play through of all three I can't finish it.

I'm hoping a lot of our companions are turned into romances. I have been waiting, WAITING, for my poor Warrior to FINALLY be with Pierce! And not in a fan fic but officially!

Just wondering, why can't you finish DA2? I personally did not mind the epilogue that much (yes, harvester fight is dumb as hell, but that I can forgive), so I am curious.

Also, pretty sure you can have at least one night stand with Pierce. So that could be evolved into full romance.

I'd sell my left kidney for a Zenith romance...still.

[*]Companions: there’s a ton of stuff going on with companions in this release, and we’re not ready to dive into most of it just yet. What I can say is that past companions will return in the story, sometimes as very critical parts of the overall story shared by all Outlanders. Which classes can recruit which characters, who can be romanced, who can you kill and who might betray you? You’ll have to play and see :) Finally, I’ve seen a lot of people referencing the KOTFE page’s character list as a list of companions – not everyone on that list will become a companion, and not every companion in the story is included in that list.

Okay, so are you saying that I should pretty much quit doing the Yavin dailies to gear up my companions? It sounds an awful lot like our old companions are going to make cameos, but overall they won't stick around much.

Good post, perfect actually!! Welcome back Team:), is this a good time to say that I miss the monthly small video update info thingys?

And Yes, sorry for posting that video, you know which . . . :o

Keep it up, don't lose altitude ;)

Just wondering, why can't you finish DA2? I personally did not mind the epilogue that much (yes, harvester fight is dumb as hell, but that I can forgive), so I am curious.

Also, pretty sure you can have at least one night stand with Pierce. So that could be evolved into full romance.

Honestly, when it comes to DA2 after a certain point I hit the wall of boredom. It's like, Oh a new dungeon YA...oh look I've been here before. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of the story (love Fenris, Isabella and Varric though), or the character of Hawke. (despite worshiping the ground Jo Wyatt walks on) I try HARD to love them but I can't.

You do get a one-nighter with Pierce, and based on the information we were given I am hopeful. I have been waiting three years for even the slightest bit of hope for a Pierce romance.

Honestly, when it comes to DA2 after a certain point I hit the wall of boredom. It's like, Oh a new dungeon YA...oh look I've been here before. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of the story (love Fenris, Isabella and Varric though), or the character of Hawke. (despite worshiping the ground Jo Wyatt walks on) I try HARD to love them but I can't

Oh, I assumed it was the ending you have a problem with.

I agree the cloned caves are annoying as hell, and is a result of being rushed. Cloned interiors is also one of the things that make me hate Mass Effect 1 (the another one being vast empty boring planets), even though I love the series and cannot wait for Andromeda.

As the story, it is a deviation from the "hero saves the world" and is more of a character story, which may not be for everybody. I personally liked it, and wasn't that bothered by the cloned caves on my first run through (I guess ME1 dulled me a lot in that regard)

Same!! My poor Sage is still glancing across her ship, wondering what if! Well, more like, "whhhhhhhhhhhy!!"

I can only assume "resources" and "sexism" are the reasons for not giving any female character more than 1 full-blown romance option (that statement may or may not contain a double-entendre). If I played a female Inquisitor, I'd take Talos over Andronikos any day. And I bet many players of female Knights would take Scourge over Doc, Warriors, Pierce over Captain Metro and Agents Kaliyo over Vector.

I can only assume "resources" and "sexism" are the reasons for not giving any female character more than 1 full-blown romance option (that statement may or may not contain a double-entendre). If I played a female Inquisitor, I'd take Talos over Andronikos any day. And I bet many players of female Knights would take Scourge over Doc, Warriors, Pierce over Captain Metro and Agents Kaliyo over Vector.

Pretty sure it is just Resources™ that lead to this decision. BioWare is not studio that is known for being sexist, quite the opposite...

Oh, I assumed it was the ending you have a problem with.

I agree the cloned caves are annoying as hell, and is a result of being rushed. Cloned interiors is also one of the things that make me hate Mass Effect 1 (the another one being vast empty boring planets), even though I love the series and cannot wait for Andromeda.

As the story, it is a deviation from the "hero saves the world" and is more of a character story, which may not be for everybody. I personally liked it, and wasn't that bothered by the cloned caves on my first run through (I guess ME1 dulled me a lot in that regard)

Nah, at least not yet lol. I haven't made it to the ending quite yet. I think the story, too, is part of my problem. For chapter 1 and 2 I'm alright, but once I get towards Chapter/Act 3 I'm so bored. It feels a bit repetitive to me. Especially since, each time I play, I am coming off of an Origins play through. Plus, I absolutely hate what they did to Anders. He was one of my absolute favorite companions, until DA2. Speaking of companions, I wasn't a fan of them in DA2. I just had a whole list of issues with that game lol.

I'm working on another play through of ME:1 so I definitely understand about that!