Weekly <Searching for Allies> STILL broken after all these years? Come on guys..

Ok, so.. been around off and on, more on than not, since launch.

Not real sure when I first noticed it, but it was a couple years back. I think somewhere around the time when you guys were having us do Kuat Drive Yards over and over because it was the best exp to be had at the time, until we were ALL ready to spew Drive Yard Parts from our various orifices..

But that was years ago.. and STILL, you get the FP quest to go do a FP via group finder. You hop in the group finder, get a group, go do an FP, and.. wait.. I did what it said, why can't I turn it in? It still says I need to do a FP via group finder.. well hell, wonder what I did wrong? So.. you do another one. And another one. And another one. And another one.

I've had to do 8+ runs on more than one occasion before the thing said "OH! That was a FLASH POINT you just did with GROUP FINDER like the quest says.. ok.. here, your done. Move along."

And here we are, 2021, and it is STILL happening. *** guys? Is it that hard a bug to fix?

Now, I know this is a rather minor issue.. almost down to a qol thing at this point, but it is STILL annoying as all hell, and an unbelievable bit of flat incompetence to have the same bug going in this game for so damn long. Yes, you've released some great content over the years, some neat items, raids, etc.. but guys, this is like a basic part of the game, the system recognizing a completed quest..

Think you can fix it, maybe sometime before the world implodes in its own wave of woke hate-speech?

I mean.. it'd be nice. Cause.. well, just finished my 8th FP run with this character TODAY, and.. well.. still not complete, no credit, nada. And that my friends, is just sad.

not to mention pathetic.

It is working as intended for me and anyone I know. You need to queue for all available flashpoints to get credit (27/27), not just the ones you like/need for another quest. Is that the problem here ?

That's been my experience. It doesn't say so directly, but it seems that the FP has to be truly random - you have to have them all selected.

Edited by JediQuaker

I've always found it broken in the other direction. I queue MMFPs a lot, but only queue one at a time for achievement hunting purposes. I should theoretically never be able to complete it, but for some reason it always completes itself after my first MMFP anyway, lol

• 1 month later...
all available

Doesn't (initially) work for me either, and I think that's why. It wants you to queue for all flashpoints that exist, not what's available - if I pick it up while leveling, I have 7-8 on the list to choose from initially, and even if all available flashpoints have been selected, the quest never clears. Then, suddenly it does clear, presumably when I've leveled enough that my list of flashpoints is now what it expects. Had this happen on three characters so far.

Bioware needs to revise the language in the description, hide the weekly until you're at the level they expect, or revise the weekly to actually operate on what's available to the player.