How do operation boss lockouts work?

I'm trying to understand better how operation boss lockouts work. I understand that in Story Mode, lockouts reset daily. In Veteran mode and higher it is a weekly lock out.

Let's say I kill the first boss in an op. I am then locked out on that boss until the following Tuesday at midnight UTC. If I then form an ops group and enter the instance and no one else in the group has a lockout, what happens for the other players in the group? Do they automatically get locked out from the first boss when they enter the instance (with/without a warning)? Do they get locked out of the first boss only upon engaging the second boss (or taking the speeder/travel to the next boss)? Or do the other group members remain free from lockouts until the second boss is killed (and if so, is everyone locked out of boss 1 AND 2, or just boss 2 for those that joined in)?

I'm trying to understand better how operation boss lockouts work. I understand that in Story Mode, lockouts reset daily. In Veteran mode and higher it is a weekly lock out.

Let's say I kill the first boss in an op. I am then locked out on that boss until the following Tuesday at midnight UTC. If I then form an ops group and enter the instance and no one else in the group has a lockout, what happens for the other players in the group? Do they automatically get locked out from the first boss when they enter the instance (with/without a warning)? Do they get locked out of the first boss only upon engaging the second boss (or taking the speeder/travel to the next boss)? Or do the other group members remain free from lockouts until the second boss is killed (and if so, is everyone locked out of boss 1 AND 2, or just boss 2 for those that joined in)?

Lockouts are gained when you kill a boss. Let's say you go into HM Explosive Conflict on a Wednesday, kill Zorn & Toth, and then (for whatever reason), just stop there. You and everyone else in that original group are now "locked out" of killing Zorn & Toth again until rollover on the following Tuesday. So far so good.

Using your scenario, the next day you form a HM EC group to pick up where you left off (i.e.,at the tanks.) Some people in the group weren't there for the Drouk kill. When they try to enter the instance with you, the people without lockouts will get a warning that "the group's progress is further along than yours," and have to accept that (temporary) lockout to proceed into the instance. They do not themselves have a lockout, because they did not kill Zorn & Toth, but the *ops group* is locked out of that boss because you-personally do have a lockout. This allows the whole group to proceed to the tanks.

If they leave your group (and the instance) without securing any boss kills, they have no lockout. They could form their own group, which will start at the beginning of the op. But if they kill the second boss with you and your group, they are locked out to that point, and cannot kill boss 1 (or any of the following bosses that they have killed) until the following Tuesday at rollover. You cannot be "only" locked out of boss 2. All lockouts assume completion of prior bosses in the operation.