Let us kill Ashara

TGaP_Andrey

It's that simple.

I mean, it's already offensive enough that Inqs are obligated to tolerate a total LS-paragon on board while in a comparison Warriors can make Dark Bastila 2.0 out of their pet Jedi. But not even give us a chance to make things right at the reunion, long after class story, was beyond absurd.

Peck, I would even reroll and make another Inq if Bioware would let me put this young soul out of her misery. :rak_01:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's that simple.

I mean, it's already offensive enough that Inqs are obligated to tolerate a total LS-paragon on board while in a comparison Warriors can make Dark Bastila 2.0 out of their pet Jedi. But not even give us a chance to make things right at the reunion, long after class story, was beyond absurd.

Peck, I would even reroll and make another Inq if Bioware would let me put this young soul out of her misery. :rak_01:

I hated the way the reunion ended

My character would not have let her talk to me like that and just walk away.

Must you kill her? Couldn't you just send her away. 🙂

with multi chars, i would have prefer multiple choices. My main inq, welcomed her back with open arms, but my slightly insane inq wanted to burn her to the ground where she stood, but couldn't do anything, becuse the writers didn't give me the option, and instead, let her walk out ,like my sith was a toothless old dog :/

I hated the way the reunion ended

My character would not have let her talk to me like that and just walk away.

Same. With how her reunion played out, there's no way my Nox would let her walk away, she knows far too much about him and his secrets, so letting her leave like that would be dangerous.

What's even more frustrating is that on Taris if you play :

- DS, you have an option to kill her at the end of the storyline, but nope your companion won't let you do it.

- LS to appear as a nice person to better trick her, you have an option to let Kalatosh kill her, but nope you can't, and then you're forced to tell her to come with you, having 3 dialogue options that basically say 1/ You could come with me, 2/ Come with me, and 3/ You'll come with me !

An when she comes back, she demands to be treated as your equal even though she did absolutely nothing to deserve it, and you're not even allowed to definitely get rid of a liability who had been mostly useless throuhought the SI's journey...

You can skip the recruitment mission and head canon that she died during the intervening 5 years, recruit her and ignore her, recruit her and send her out to get crafting mats and otherwise ignore her. Not every companion needs a "kill" option. Edited by TheGreyRanger

You can skip the recruitment mission and head canon that she died during the intervening 5 years, recruit her and ignore her, recruit her and send her out to get crafting mats and otherwise ignore her. Not every companion needs a "kill" option.

While Warriors will always have an option to actually fight and kill Jaesa right at the reunion... Just as THEY always had an option to make their Jedi dark.

No, seriously, someone at the dev.team totally hates Inquisitors and plots against them. It's a mircale we've actually got the chance to return our chair and Silencers.

It's that simple.

I don't think every companion needs the option to be killed. There's way too much of that going on in the present story as is, every character has the option to be killed off and I don't think that will do the story much good in the end.

Now, what I would like is the option to convert Ashara fully to the Dark Side. I think that should have been an option from the start and that her light side persona should have been only for a LS Inquisitor. Ashara should have been handled the way Jaesa was, a DS and a LS version. It is my hope the devs will consider implementing a DS Ashara in future story content.

Edited by Ylliarus

I don't think every companion needs the option to be killed. There's way too much of that going on in the present story as is, every character has the option to be killed off and I don't think that will do the story much good in the end.

Now, what I would like is the option to convert Ashara fully to the Dark Side. I think that should have been an option from the start and that her light side persona should have been only for a LS Inquisitor. Ashara should have been handled the way Jaesa was, a DS and a LS version. It is my hope the devs will consider implementing a DS Ashara in future story content.

That maybe so, but of all the inq companion, she should have been the one to have a kill option, a sith would not let an apprentice just walk away, and do it in such an arrogant manner. I like the option of turning her dark side though, like jaesa :)

Same. With how her reunion played out, there's no way my Nox would let her walk away, she knows far too much about him and his secrets, so letting her leave like that would be dangerous.

What's even more frustrating is that on Taris if you play :

- DS, you have an option to kill her at the end of the storyline, but nope your companion won't let you do it.

- LS to appear as a nice person to better trick her, you have an option to let Kalatosh kill her, but nope you can't, and then you're forced to tell her to come with you, having 3 dialogue options that basically say 1/ You could come with me, 2/ Come with me, and 3/ You'll come with me !

An when she comes back, she demands to be treated as your equal even though she did absolutely nothing to deserve it, and you're not even allowed to definitely get rid of a liability who had been mostly useless throuhought the SI's journey...

I'm sure your Nox also capped Theron, seeing as how he walked off with all the Alliance secrets to join a conspiratorial faction bent on wiping you and your people out. Yes, even with the reveal at the end, because letting him leave in the first place was the first mistake. He couldn't know where or who would obtain whatever info he gave out, he was a loose end, no?

Should we go over the accomplishments Nox themself, have attained? I'm talking by way of their own power, intellect and charisma. Because besides beating Khem, they consistently blundered into one success after another and even had ghost grandpappy telling them their bloodline was special. Even the chapter 3 victory was a 'group effort'. One, by the way, that wasn't possible without Ashara helping. I'd almost argue that if it weren't for Nox being the PC, they would have wound up dead long ago, they're not a Palpatine.

it depends on how you play your character, especially if you RP LIte (as steve, coined the phrase).

If you RP your character in a certain way, kill option should be available

In a binary system of choice where head canon is a necessity to fit any other mold than the 2 Bioware have set for you (between dreadfully stupid evil and naively pious, the middle ground is barely there), someone needs the ingame option to kill off a character in order to RP their character? She plays no important role so she's never in cutscenes post recruitment, isn't a force companion for a chapter or mission and is completely optional to retrieve. What of the people who RP'd Quinn-killers, Skadge-killers, Gault-killers, Vik-killers and whatnot for years without the ingame choices available?

I don't mean to jump at you and believe me, I'm not, but the logic is ridiculous and jumps back to people feeling sleighted for whatever reason in their power fantasy. I knew a guy who wanted to kill Torian for 4 years before he quit because the flirt option popped up when he ran his first fem!BH. It was laughable. And then one of his fanfic happened to make reference to a "suspiciously Bieber-ish looking Mando lad" (or something to that effect, me and my crew at the time had a huge laugh :D) being dragged through the streets of Sleheyron to a slave pen. I can see justifications for Arcaan, Vaylin, Rusk, Skadge, maybe even Vik but to want the capping of a character which affects more than just your personal RP-lite, but EVERY OTHER PLAYER's is selfish and dumb.

Agreed 100%. This hatred of such a boring character has been going on for years and it has never made sense. Yes, she's boring, can't be manipulated (key point here), has ideals conflicting with her actions and adds nothing to a female Inq's story (besides accomplishing the ghost buster thing) or legacy (in comparison to Jaesa, who ALSO was handled poorly) but killing her off does absolutely nothing. It doesn't take away her role from recruitment to now, it doesn't add a believable dynamic between Inq and Ashara, it doesn't do ANYTHING. Push BW to DO SOMETHING interesting with her, not kill her.

She presents herself as an equal worth your respect and you, the leader of the 'alliance', want to kill her, not for being a threat to your peace or demonstrating a possible inevitability to usurp you, no, you want her dead and removed because your feelings? Unjustified feelings? Did she Quinn you? Did I miss the Skadge-like disrespect? Didn't she do a certain thing on Taris that helped propel your climb in the Empire?

Are we forgetting how they did Koth? I know we still have a while to go before we see how it pans out but Torian and Vette? It's a video game, folks. We need a narrative, friction and CHARACTERS.

Ashara isn't Light Sided, you even see her using the Dark Side.

What does this even mean?

I'd almost argue that if it weren't for Nox being the PC, they would have wound up dead long ago, they're not a Palpatine.

Actually, they are, palpy is a figment of someones imagination, how many things in the SW are out of proportion, abd have massive plot holes. The PC is just the same. Crazy stuff happens, it's all fantasy. :)

In a binary system of choice where head canon is a necessity to fit any other mold than the 2 Bioware have set for you (between dreadfully stupid evil and naively pious, the middle ground is barely there), someone needs the ingame option to kill off a character in order to RP their character? She plays no important role so she's never in cutscenes post recruitment, isn't a force companion for a chapter or mission and is completely optional to retrieve. What of the people who RP'd Quinn-killers, Skadge-killers, Gault-killers, Vik-killers and whatnot for years without the ingame choices available?

If you are RP'ing your character, the more options you have, the better, maybe there should have been a middle ground. As I've said I've done all the options, saved, killed, banished, just to see how they go. But if you are playing sith, as a 'typical' sith, the option should be there. romance plays no part in the game, once it's done, it's barely mentioned much, but people still find it an important part, and want more of it. We could kill certain companions at the start, but people moaned because they were left short, but now we have a wider choice, so we should have more options.

It's just the way some people play the game. For the record, my main welcomed her back with open arms, even though she was darkside, her DS choices were more along the lines of gsthering power, & strenght, not evil or crazy.

I did set up a crazy, power hungery, evil & twisted inq, just to go through Kotfe+ to see all the kill choices (i could watch the youtube videos, but I'd rather play it myself) , but her scene just left a bad after taste.

Edited by DarkTergon

I'm sure your Nox also capped Theron, seeing as how he walked off with all the Alliance secrets to join a conspiratorial faction bent on wiping you and your people out. Yes, even with the reveal at the end, because letting him leave in the first place was the first mistake. He couldn't know where or who would obtain whatever info he gave out, he was a loose end, no?

Should we go over the accomplishments Nox themself, have attained? I'm talking by way of their own power, intellect and charisma. Because besides beating Khem, they consistently blundered into one success after another and even had ghost grandpappy telling them their bloodline was special. Even the chapter 3 victory was a 'group effort'. One, by the way, that wasn't possible without Ashara helping. I'd almost argue that if it weren't for Nox being the PC, they would have wound up dead long ago, they're not a Palpatine.

I've not played KOTFEET with my Nox yet, but did it with my Imperius, so i still know how the reunion plays out, and i really had to force myself to take Ashara back with that character because it'd not have made any sense on this character not to do it, even if i was really pissed at how she behaved, even to a character who has always been nice to her.

As for Theron, no i won't kill him with my Nox, 1st because unlike Ashara, i actually like Theron, then, he fought against Zakuul and while he messed up during the Traitor Arc, he actually tried his best to save my character's life and the Alliance. And while DS, my Nox is not a complete moron, he can aknwoledge someone saving his butt and be somewhat gratefull, he may try to Force choke him and put a bounty on his head before the truth is known though, but i'll see when i'll be there.

But what has Ashara done ? Nothing. She just sat on her butt while the SI was frozen, never tried to contact the SI after it was known the SI was back and kicking, never came to help against the Eternal Empire, she even went as far as trying to avoid them,, but somehow thinks she deverses to be treated as something special, well, she's not.

And before that what has she done ? Hm not that much, leading the SI into a Jedi trap, and be Zash's assistant, as if Zash and Talos would not have been able to find anything without her... You even have to go fetch another apprentice, which is not really better than her , and who received a kill option btw.

Yeah, she plays no important role so her being alive or dead would actually not change anything... And she exists only for SIs

As for the rest, except Gault, they all got kill options, so, bad examples :rolleyes:

My problem with Ashara is... she seems somehow halfbaked. It's a good idea, but poorly executed. Or more precisely she seems unfinished. When I met her, I was quite excited. Really liked the whole idea of a deeply morally conflicted young Jedi padawan I will corrupt. I've already played SW and Jaesa was fun, but quite straightforwared psycho :-) This time I expected something different. More subtle, manipulative approach. And the first dialogues looked good. Sadly it all leads nowhere. There was no progress of the whole relationship. It was all the same few situations again and again. And as someone before me mentioned, it became really boring. Such a good idea killed by so unimaginative lazy writing...

And on the top of that, during the gameplay there are really missing her reactions in some specific quests/situation (e.g. killing Jedi or destroying Jedi artifacts on Voss) or reactions of some Jedi NPCs I met about her. I understand they scraped this due to time/money, but it is something what is really missing... Some quests with her as a companion really don't make any sense with missing additional reactions...

I wish they would put some efforts to Ashara to make her more interesting. There is still potential in her. Even after that poorly executed returning scene...

Edited by wistarie

But what has Ashara done ? Nothing. She just sat on her butt while the SI was frozen, never tried to contact the SI after it was known the SI was back and kicking, never came to help against the Eternal Empire, she even went as far as trying to avoid them,, but somehow thinks she deverses to be treated as something special, well, she's not.

And before that what has she done ? Hm not that much, leading the SI into a Jedi trap, and be Zash's assistant, as if Zash and Talos would not have been able to find anything without her... You even have to go fetch another apprentice, which is not really better than her , and who received a kill option btw.

Ashara stayed with the Empire trying to continue what Nox had started. She fought for the Empire on Dromund Kass when Zakuul invaded and almost died. It was at that point she became disillusioned with the Sith Order. She finally saw the flaws in both the Jedi and the Sith. Her email to a romanced Inquisitor tell you this. At that point she was a lone agent, there is nothing she could have done.

What did Xalek do? What did Khem do? What did Talos do? Ashara never asked to be treated "special" she wanted to be treated as an equal. You can reject this.

Ashara isn't Light Sided, you even see her using the Dark Side.

Ashara is absolute a Light Side oriented companion. So much so, that even if you're a Dark Side 5 murder and torture bot, she praises you for following the light.

Personally, I would have preferred turning her over to Harkun to break rather than killing her. Again, denied.

Edited by Ner_idia

Actually, they are, palpy is a figment of someones imagination, how many things in the SW are out of proportion, abd have massive plot holes. The PC is just the same. Crazy stuff happens, it's all fantasy. :)

If we use that logic, then there's really no point to arguing in favor of the stories maintaining any sort of consistency. Not that anyone here is, just that its faulty logic to just say "Sith happens :D" because its all fantasy. Treek would reign supreme if rules went out the window, clearly.

If you are RP'ing your character, the more options you have, the better, maybe there should have been a middle ground. As I've said I've done all the options, saved, killed, banished, just to see how they go. But if you are playing sith, as a 'typical' sith, the option should be there. romance plays no part in the game, once it's done, it's barely mentioned much, but people still find it an important part, and want more of it. We could kill certain companions at the start, but people moaned because they were left short, but now we have a wider choice, so we should have more options.

It's just the way some people play the game. For the record, my main welcomed her back with open arms, even though she was darkside, her DS choices were more along the lines of gsthering power, & strenght, not evil or crazy.

I did set up a crazy, power hungery, evil & twisted inq, just to go through Kotfe+ to see all the kill choices (i could watch the youtube videos, but I'd rather play it myself) , but her scene just left a bad after taste.

I'm always all for more options, even if the results are superficial and cosmetic like text on a screen, but killing off a character who is a romance option and limiting narrative space for a Inq to have a touchstone harkening back to pre-Kotfe is awful. I don't like Koth or Arcaan (actually detest the latter) but I fully support their continued inclusion in the story, even if minor. They're romances, people built a relationship with them, even if one should not under any circumstances have become one. What happened in beta doesn't matter now, what matters now is that people are STILL asking to kill central launch companions as if BW haven't actively been nixing one here and another there just because. Its not compelling and does nothing to advance the plot.

The scene absolutely should have been done better, they had so long to gauge what the average Inq player was like and should have had an appropriate response available but there's better options than outright killing.

I'm not sure what you're struggling with, it means exactly what I said. Ashara isn't light sided, to claim she is, is to ignore what happens ingame.

Where do we "see her using the Dark Side" and how does it nullify the beliefs she enspouses? Sure, she's actively killing for a Sith but that really falls toward gameplay mechanics and even then, I don't see her shooting lightning, or plotting to murder you or corrupted in any capacity. I asked because it made no sense. Doesn't she have a quip when you put her away basically asking you not to make her go against her beliefs? And aren't her conversations based around you manipulating her into believing that you're changing the Empire from within to embrace the light?

I've not played KOTFEET with my Nox yet, but did it with my Imperius, so i still know how the reunion plays out, and i really had to force myself to take Ashara back with that character because it'd not have made any sense on this character not to do it, even if i was really pissed at how she behaved, even to a character who has always been nice to her.

As for Theron, no i won't kill him with my Nox, 1st because unlike Ashara, i actually like Theron, then, he fought against Zakuul and while he messed up during the Traitor Arc, he actually tried his best to save my character's life and the Alliance. And while DS, my Nox is not a complete moron, he can aknwoledge someone saving his butt and be somewhat gratefull, he may try to Force choke him and put a bounty on his head before the truth is known though, but i'll see when i'll be there.

Ehh, still teetering on a dark side dummy being the most reasonable reason to space her here. I get the perspective but any that aims to discard her lacks purpose besides satiating some unfufilled need to be a d*ck.

From the reunion:

"When you dissappeared, I didn't know where to turn. The Jedi condemned me a long time ago, and I couldn't trust the Sith. I was lost. It made me realize how much I relied on others. I needed to forge my own path away from you, from the council and everyone else who tried to influence me.

So I traveled across the galaxy, helping those who needed it most. I never stayed in one place too long. It taught me a lot about myself...

I... couldn't face you. Not until I knew I was strong enough."

Oh look at that, a reasonable reason for going off the grid. Introspection for the Padawan who took a sudden turn down Sith avenue and wound up with someone who was knowingly manipulating her. She's repeatedly mentioned to be young and impressionable comes with that, often times. Her identity as a Jedi was still being forged and YOU were that wedge that kept her from her eventual resumption of practice or splitting to do her own thing. YOU came in with a mission and needed her to help you obtain the spirit that eventually helped you do what you do in chapter 3. Yes, I acknowledge we never had a say in it but that's part of the challenge in RP, making a story that isn't all yours compelling and fun.

And her needing time to eventually face you after basically coming back from the dead to lead the most powerful team coming out of a war that demolished the galaxy sounds fair, if we're ignoring that it was really up to the writers as to how and when she was to return

Yeah, she plays no important role so her being alive or dead would actually not change anything... And she exists only for SIs

As for the rest, except Gault, they all got kill options, so, bad examples :rolleyes:

Same can be said about quite a few of our companions who just join and become silent bots, but I'll leave this one, its fair. Still a failure on part of the writing and asset placement, since I'm not sure what Vette, for example, would be doing working a monitor during high-risk operations. What has really changed since those character-central decisions through the chapters? Almost none of our companions play an 'important' role. Only when the story suits them to. Post Kotet is a bad example to base our arguments off of, it really nothing-fied nearly everyone, sadly.

Edited by DarthCasus

<snip>

I honestly think it's hilarious that the Sith Inquisitor ends up on the Dark Council pretty much by accident. They didn't scheme to get there, they didn't plan for it. Thanaton just went whagarble and started a war with the SI and then he killed his own master and ended up on the Dark Council himself, continued his war with the SI, then the SI killed him and bam, SI is on the Dark Council without even meaning to be. Laughed myself silly when that happened.