Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Canonical Choices

SteveTheCynic
03.30.2021 , 11:07 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by EAFSAMWISE View Post
Agreed. It's similar to how you can have Revan and the Exile be the gender and look that you want in KOTOR but there's a "canon" face and gender that BioWare has also established.
Arguably that's the definitive look that Revan has *for*SWTOR*. That doesn't make it definitive for *KOTOR*. Because they wanted to use Revan in SWTOR, they had to make the character look like *something*, but that doesn't negate or invalidate any choices that players made in the chronology context of KOTOR. I am sort of saying that there are two different Revans - one who has an unspecified(1) appearance, sex, height, etc. in the time of KOTOR, and the other who has a well-defined appearance, sex, voice, height, etc. in the time of SWTOR.

That's not *wrong* as such, and nor is it contradictory, but we aren't used to dealing with someone whose identity varies like that.

(1) It's choosable by the player, so it is like the fate of Koth in KotFE/ET, unknown in general, but known in each individual case.
Not really what you think.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

SteveTheCynic
03.30.2021 , 11:16 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by BurnoutAAS View Post
Something to go along with this idea is since this is a legends game. You have the Revan book which brings out Scourge having the vision of the JK character killing Vitiate. So I agree that there is not a set canon for somethings but in my mind this implies that the JK is the class that is the Outlander/Commander.
It is, if you play JK. As noted above by Eranis, if you play some other class, it's fairly obvious that the JK wasn't "the One" that Scourge saw, i.e. that Scourge was wrong about the identity of the person who ended the Emperor in the vision. He saw *someone*, but that someone was Kylarina Lyuze, Jedi Shadow, or Jintalie Tark, Mercenary, and not a Jedi Knight.

(Er, that is, to put it in Voss terms, the *mystic* had a vision that was infallible, but the *interpreter* was incorrect.)
Not really what you think.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

ChandrilaDeler
04.11.2021 , 03:05 PM | #33
Possibly BioWare could tweak some responses, like adding a mission outcome where the Bounty Hunter can suggest that Godoba makes Mora one of his slaves, and that the Smuggler's Drooga arc could make killing Lazhae (spelled wrong?) before taking the DNA sample into the Light Side option.