Loadouts Feedback Thread

JackieKo

Loadouts aren't saving correctly for me, and changes in utilities are reverting to the original--which is enormously frustrating.

Also, I have Auld Pharte eyes. If you could make the glowy border around utilties glow brightly, preferably with a light yellow border instead of faint white so that I can know for sure what I've selected, that would make them much easier to see. And yes, I made sure I had the utilities I wanted set correctly. The system didn't save those changes.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello I have a saved KEYBINDINGS IMPORT. I went into preferences and applied it on thee Fleet. When I get into a pvp match (regular, not regs) it is RESET to default. I re-apply it in the match and save it. When I end the match and return to Fleet, the keybinds are reset to default again. I tried saving a loadout but it didn't help the issue any.

Well, as a newbie, thus, an unsufferable noob (1 year playing, 54 y o. and still figuring out, bit by bit, the ancient UI, but successfully), I am still in wonder in front of that loadout page. What is it for? What does it help?

In short, why not write a manual? The tutorial is fine to help start the game. The forums were good before there were 10 pages to read before getting an answer. And the guilds are no help because they are full of veterans that get bored answering to newcomers.

If you are looking for some guides on how to set up and use loadouts, check out my http://www.youtube.com/draemn for videos (I have 2 on loadouts)

If you are looking for some guides on how to set up and use loadouts, check out my http://www.youtube.com/draemn for videos (I have 2 on loadouts)

So I guess this here proves a lot of points. No offense, I think you did some great work, but any new player shouldn't have to go to YouTube to figure out a game mechanic that's become a basic staple of the game. It should be explained in game, simply and easily so that any new player can figure it out.

Hell they have a tutorial for buying a stronghold, they should have on for this.

Not happy with loadouts.

I played for a while from level one to level 20. One of the themes of feedback here is that most people don't want to level from 1 to 80 just to test loadouts. I didn't . Right now, load outs seem to be buggy, and for a large part they are maddening to work with. They should be intuitive, they aren't. Loadouts should be simple to work with, they aren't.

This seems to be a mechanic that has been over engineered.

Recommendation: Go back to the drawing board on Loadouts....Less is more.

creating 2 loadouts of the same class and spec seems to break things. moving abilities around in quick bars, primarily swapping 2 or more abilities will make changes in all loadouts of the same class and spec.

I had two load outs of the same class most of the time I played on test, since I had a bad habit of accidentally overwriting one, and never had this issue. I think you are just experiencing another quirky hard to duplicate glitch with this buggy load out system. I've had several. I wasted an hour trying to duplicate the one that locked out my initial load out and made it impossible to even change my combat proficiency.

Field re-spec doesn't work. I can understand if y'all don't want us switching between classes in FPs and such, but please fix it so we can switch between dps and heals. I really don't want to drop q's when the group finder matches multiple heals/tanks in one group which would cause the fp to go two-three times as long as it should. I just want to be able to switch from dps to heals on the fly to help my group out - like I do on live. Otherwise, the point of loadouts gets seriously nerfed.

Loadouts are sometimes easy to accidentally overwrite with something else.

At the moment the only thing that makes me not want to use them much is when all the abilities jump all over the place on the quick bars and have to move them to the correct places every time.

It has definitely been brought up, but to add to the voices asking for this: I understand not wanting people to swap specs once inside a dungeon/warzone/operation, but could you please let us respec while in the queue and when it has popped before zoning in, since otherwise queueing as a healer but wanting to do anything else while waiting is terribly tedious! If I queue as a DPS/Healer it'd be nice to actually be able to swap to the role the game has assigned me.

I'd also rather like to have ways to add icons and keybinds to different loadouts for faster switching, also perhaps the instance switch restriction doesn't need to be there for solo flashpoints?

Other than that I like the setup, even if right now the UI is still a bit cumbersome and hard to navigate. I've been lucky not having too many bugs switching between loadouts and having keybinds or gear vanish, maybe that is linked to swapping between mirrors (inquisitor to consular, albeit sorc to shadow)?

But if you want to swap between two separate classes it just falls apart to the point it wasn't worth bothering to save a loadout at all.

Yep, this has gone to **** to be honest. I had not used loadouts since the last version of the PTS patch. In that version of the PTS loadouts worked fine; once you set up your loadouts (one for each spec I chose) and saved them it worked really well. Now it is an utter disaster loadouts remember nothing, saves the incorrect skill (mine is saving Guardian for Assassin and Assassin for Guardian), fails to load your weapons, fails to save your ability bars and is very frustrating (more so since I experienced it when it did work). It does not bode well for live if they could mess up working loadouts so badly between PTS patches.

And you can't reset ore reorder the loadout list which, if they did work, would be required.

I've been playing around with loadouts a lot and had a bunch of issues;

• Swapping between specs screws up the quickbar locaitons; the workaround is to swap via another class... meaning the issue is that you don't clear between swaps
  • WHY isn't there a way to save loadouts so that you can copy them to other toons?
  • WHY does the currently used loadout auto-update instead of it beign something YOU save??? I can't take gaer off without it removing it from my loadout
  • Swapping loadout gear does NOT swap the right side implant and relic, despite the two having different ones (tank vs DPS) - super annoying. Again, just have these take EVERYTHING off before putting things on again to fix
  • Since you have all the tabs, there really is NO excuse to have to click details in order to see the important stats - the dmg/surv/supp is useless and just going to be harder to explain things to new players. Just make the info a scroll area on the left and the 3 (silly) stats under the toon or something, if you insist on them.

As others have stated, there are some issues with Loadouts right now, mainly that if you start playing around with your character and switch anything, it automatically overwrites your current Loadout. The workaround is to create a dummy Loadout that you use to create actual Loadouts.... for example, I made Loadout 1 called "Building" and I switch to it before I start making a new Loadout. I'll then save that new Loadout to a free slot and start over. Ideally, Loadouts never save without the person actively choosing to save it or at least some kind of warning.

As others have stated, I really think you should do something about not being able to respec within Operations. I can understand the GF aspect of this but groups who literally walk into the ops should be able to swap freely. I should be able to swap from Sentinel to Sage for RDPS on some bosses without having to leave the operation first. Just my two cents. Or, if your tank/healer leaves... now someone has to run out to swap to tank/healer so the group can continue on. Currently, you can just respec. If I overlooked something and this actually is doable, I apologize.

Edited by Nepthen

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if this has been brought up already, but I found a problem when I had different loadouts for different specs. In my case, I had a loadout for Marksmanship sniper and Virulence sniper. Both have the ability Snipe, and even though for one loadout I put Snipe in quickbar slot 2 and for the other I put it in slot 5 with Ambush in slot 2, when I switched from the first loadout to the second, Snipe would be in both slots 2 and 5, and Ambush was not on my bar. So it seems if two specs share an ability, it will remain in the same slot on the bar even if the second loadout has that ability in a different slot.

• 5 weeks later...
Loadouts don't seem to work at all. I can't overwrite an existing loadout with current gear etc added it just doesn't save/ autosave/ whatever the correct mechanic is supposed to be! I try to create a new loadout and it just creates a copy of the 1st loadout and the abilities don't save moving everything to a default position each time I switch, meaning that I have to keep putting everything back. It's quicker to log and load another toon.... is this even listed as an issue in 'known issues'.

• 1 month later...
With PTS now live, you can help test Loadouts!

Please answer the following questions:

• Are you experiencing any difficulties or issues with Loadouts? Yes, it is not saving my hotbars as I have them Loaded and there is no way to save them.
  • How is the flow of using Loadouts? It currently takes too much time to switch where my abilities are because your system doesn't save their locations. It's not the easy peasy set up you promised.
  • Please provide any other general feedback you have in detail. You need to either save the ability locations on the hotbar when you save your gear or create an option to save it outside of the loadout selection. While the latter is not optimal it would definitely make it faster than what you have now.

Please note your feedback accordingly so we can track it. Feel free to answer in as much detail as possible to help us understand your thought process and line of thinking.

Thank you!

Okay, putting something outside of the quotes because answering inside the quote doesn't count toward the required 5 characters.

• 1 month later...

Why the actually-serious **** can we still not bind switching loadouts to a hot-key or have a little extra UI widget to do so --The latter especially because we already had one of those with the Dark v. Light thing, so it shouldn't be beyond even these amateurs?

For the love of Almighty Robot Policeman, how can even these clueless wonders justify not including that in an MMO in 2022?

How?

You want feedback? MAKE THE DAM LOADOUTS SAVE WHEN WE SAVE THEM!!! We dont want to spend 10 minutes re-setting up our toolbar EVERY TIME we switch combat styles. THIS NEW UI SUCKS AZZ!!!

There is a bug (and has existed). It took me 4 times to save the loadout before it actually took and now it works.