Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changes made to Kai Zykken

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dekibra
02.18.2022 , 12:33 AM | #61
they probably have their hands full right now with all the other bugs
but still a yellow post "yes, the RNG protection is not working as intended, we are aware and will work on a fix" would be the decent thing to do... because right now it does NOT at all work as stated in Jackie's post

EDIT: at the very least put it into the known issues list so people don't waste their hard earned TFs

AlkarMBar
02.18.2022 , 12:49 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Dekibra View Post
they probably have their hands full right now with all the other bugs
but still a yellow post "yes, the RNG protection is not working as intended, we are aware and will work on a fix" would be the decent thing to do... because right now it does NOT at all work as stated in Jackie's post

EDIT: at the very least put it into the known issues list so people don't waste their hard earned TFs
Yes, I'm sure they have a lot of things on their plate now.

As you say, the right thing to do would be adding it to the known issues so people don't waste TF. Having to wait to complete an achievement is not a big issue, but losing credits and TF it is.

JacenKraf
02.19.2022 , 11:58 PM | #63
Kai Zykken’s RNG protection on the Unidentified Onslaught Set Bonus Gear crates is broken - don’t buy them until fixed.

As of 2/19/2022 the RNG protection that was to prevent receiving duplicate gear set items is not working. I had my loot discipline set and received a duplicate of the same set which was in inventory. I was on trooper commando and it was a Concentrated Fire piece.

@JackieKo Would it be possible to have RNG protection apply to cargo hold as well (or something better)? Currently the generic sets like Amplified Champion, The Victor and Taskmaster also are included in the loot table. As it is there is not enough space in character inventory for RNG protection to matter much once it’s fixed. I wouldn’t mind spending a little more to buy the pieces directly. I submitted a bug report after getting the duplicate. Thank you for responding

RBWTOR
02.20.2022 , 12:57 AM | #64
Same here - tried one purchase and got a duplicate Avenger's chest piece. Will hold off for a while and see if they fix this!
Remember the Legacy Family Tree

Hudlar
02.20.2022 , 07:47 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by AlkarMBar View Post
It would be nice to have that RNG protection, otherwise, getting the sets will be very difficult. It would be nicer that the RNG protection could look in the cargo hold (we can leave the legacy hold out if you want), but I guess that's very difficult from a technical perspective.
I'm pretty sure the old RNG protection for class-specific sets did check the personal cargo hold (though not the legacy cargo hold). So it seems like they should be able to extend that to the general RNG protection. But I can confirm that RNG protection is definitely not looking at the cargo hold right now, and from the posts in this thread, it sounds like it's not working at all.

JattaGin
02.24.2022 , 04:41 AM | #66
Jackie, are you posting as CommunityTeam or is it Nathan who is using that handle and responding to the bug reports?

What is the current status of Kai Zykken's "protection insurance" bug?

When I bought two items from Kai during the weekend, I got a double from my inventory and a double from my cargo hold. The promised protection is bugged.

When will your colleagues fix this? Is this even a bug or is this after all working as intended and the original news was a miscommunication?

Odea
03.03.2022 , 07:28 PM | #67
I see a few other people here reporting issues with the vendor, though only recieving duplicates is the least of my issues.
I was infact also getting some new pieces while holding almost all generic sets and regularly obtainable class set items in my cargo hold.
My primary issue was actually getting literally nothing from the vendor transaction. It takes my credits and tech fragments and returns nothing.

AragarVarnus
03.21.2022 , 01:05 PM | #68
So, any news on this bug?

Only thing I read in tomorrow's patch notes related to Kai Zykken is:

• Kai Zykken is no longer selling Tacticals that have been removed from the game.

I'm not paying a 1000 TFs for nothing, especially since the Legendary implants are overpriced and we still have a limit of 11k, which honestly, should be removed.
I guess I should have chosen to 100% FFXIV back in the day instead.
Varnus • Somtaaw • Atreides

​"All that is not eternal is eternally useless."

C.S. Lewis

Dekibra
03.21.2022 , 03:01 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by AragarVarnus View Post
So, any news on this bug?

Only thing I read in tomorrow's patch notes related to Kai Zykken is:

• Kai Zykken is no longer selling Tacticals that have been removed from the game.

I'm not paying a 1000 TFs for nothing, especially since the Legendary implants are overpriced and we still have a limit of 11k, which honestly, should be removed.
Yeah, was hoping the not working RNG protection would be fixed… but it is not even acknowledged as a bug so far, so my hope is dwindling that I will ever complete the missing set pieces for the achievements

Damask_Rose
03.21.2022 , 04:16 PM | #70
Either my searchfu isn't working, or there isn't a thread over on the bug forums for this (one in general and one in suggestions of all places!) I'm going to go start one to see if we can get an acknowledgement. Please add your experiences to it!

https://www.swtor.com/community/show...4#post10021224