What relatively recent improvements in story DO you like? And how could it change old

Shayddow

I'll give an example for something I noticed and like:

In the Current event on Datooine under Republic missions you have to destroy Nova Blade encampments and ships in one of the quests. When you do this, it does damage to NPCs (nova blades) - while not killing them outright, they still receive damage.

This is unlike the heroic mission on Imp side Dromund Kaas where you destroy ships and there is absolutely no damage to NPCs. Also on Imperial Balmorra there is no damage in the final part of the story where you destroy ships there and again, NPCs receive no damage.

Ways I'd apply it to old content:

Make the Imperial Heroic on DK and the planet story on Balmorra Droid factory final stage both do damage to enemy NPCs when you destroy ships near their position.

:)

The last thing that got me really excited as addition to the story, was introduction of Saboteur "path".

But it seems it's not really going anywhere, except occasional line in the dialogue every three "story" patches...

nothing, because the stories in this game have always been complete crap. its like they went to their local community college and asked a bunch of kids who never watched star wars write some star wars stories.

if they'd just forget about story and made the game a real mmo, with an open world and sandbox zones, pve space content and real character creation, they'd attract a lot more players. story will only get you to the end of the story, and then what's there to do besides stuff you've done a million times already, that never changes.

and they committed the cardinal sin of story telling. in open ended stories, your main character cannot be the central figure. he has to be a support character. or else you end up with what we have now, which is a story that takes an individual from relative obscurity to being the de facto emperor of the galaxy and commander of the most feared fleet of warships ever seen to losing it all and repairing water filtration systems for some lazy colonists.

swtor story is bad, written by morons and should stop for at least a little while so they can actually work on making the core systems better.

Once they made it one story fits all. I gave up caring.

Instead of being special, you were just a cookie cutter character.

Same story, same results.

Playing same story with multiple characters.

Lazy writing.

I do like the fact they are hiding (minimal) story content behind grindy FPs again.

Nah... just kidding. :)

Edited by Rammboo