Merging Lowbie and Midbie PVP is a ridiculous idea....

Fraah

No, the existence of set bonuses and tacticals and knowledge how they impact your abilities is exactly the part of knowing your own class and it's a skill itself, removing them would be a step back to simplify the complexity of play and it's similar to removing abilities themselves. Think about set bonuses and tacticals as an enhancement of your discipline path that further alters it, not as gear.

If you want to remove gear, just remove gear level and augments so players can enter PvP with empty shells and have same stats, but even then I consider min-maxing stats as part of knowledge of your class so I am not for it. And bolster exists for this very reason - to ensure some common ground but to allow players to still utilize their stats.

And if the difficulty to obtain set bonuses, tacticals and correct stats is your real problem then try to fix it instead of removing them. Make them easily obtainable for new players rather than remove them. Perhaps just give them free for PvP environment but disable the free ones in PvE or anything else that ensures new players can have everything needed in PvP right from start without grind while the grind for PvE still remains.

So by your statement that bolster covers the difference of set gear bonus/tacticals and no gear bonus. Sorry but that is complete BS. Let alone bolster has never worked properly plain and simple. Sounds to me that your thought on set gear bonus/tacticals is that it is a crutch and you couldn't play without them. Don't know how to manage your heat/energy as a merc/mando? Or do you spam AoE too much as a sniper/gunslinger and can't figure out why you can't use other abilities? And FYI I don't have a problem getting set bonuses/tacticals.

So by your statement that bolster covers the difference of set gear bonus/tacticals and no gear bonus.

I never said that. I said it covers the difference in stats only.

Sounds to me that your thought on set gear bonus/tacticals is that it is a crutch and you couldn't play without them.

I never said that either. I can but I don't want to. To me they add complexity to play and I prefer complexity. Please next time just read what I wrote before you react and perhaps try do avoid ad hominems, too.

If you want to remove gear, just remove gear level and augments so players can enter PvP with empty shells and have same stats, but even then I consider min-maxing stats as part of knowledge of your class so I am not for it. And bolster exists for this very reason - to ensure some common ground but to allow players to still utilize their stats.

With the way alacrity works and Bioware not understand how their own stats work in pvp, the last thing I want is Bioware cookie cutting my stats for me in end game.

Ie, alacrity works weird and accuracy isn’t needed at all on some classes or not at the Lvls it’s needed in pve.

It’s ok in lowbies because you usually would not have had a stat pool large enough to allow you to deck out your stats properly (before the bracket merge).

With the way alacrity works and Bioware not understand how their own stats work in pvp, the last thing I want is Bioware cookie cutting my stats for me in end game.

Well they could technically give the players the same size pool of unassigned stats and then players could make their own builds where they decide how many points of said pool they want to assign to endurance, mastery, alacrity, etc...

I don't need such option as I don't want them to remove gear but I just brainstorm ideas how could Bioware remove gear from PvP for those that want it to be removed while still give us the option to choose our own stats.

Edited by black_pyros

Honestly at this point they just need to do away with brackets and just have everyone be level 75 and have all their skills unlocked in pvp and just remove gear from pvp. They can do what FFXIV does and have a pvp zone where you can duel and have the pvp specific training dummies and that zone switches to a pvp template to set your hotbars for pvp.

You forgot to mention that the vast, super majority of FF14 players absolutely despise the PVP in FF14 and everything related to it. Everything you just listed is why PVP in FF14 only pops for a few hours per night. FF14 regs pops about as often as group ranked does in SWOTR. lol

In FF14, when you enter the PVP zone, you lose most of your abilities and instead have a different set of abilities, most of which operate differently than they do in the rest of the game. It's essentially forcing the player to learn how to play their characters, twice. Your job in PVE and the same job in PVP may as well be two different classes. It's miserable and the main reason why PVP in FF14 is deader than dead. People cry in PVP chat on fleet about PVP in this game is dead but it may as well be in its golden age compared to a dead PVP community like FF14's.

You forgot to mention that the vast, super majority of FF14 players absolutely despise the PVP in FF14 and everything related to it. Everything you just listed is why PVP in FF14 only pops for a few hours per night. FF14 regs pops about as often as group ranked does in SWOTR. lol

In FF14, when you enter the PVP zone, you lose most of your abilities and instead have a different set of abilities, most of which operate differently than they do in the rest of the game. It's essentially forcing the player to learn how to play their characters, twice. Your job in PVE and the same job in PVP may as well be two different classes. It's miserable and the main reason why PVP in FF14 is deader than dead. People cry in PVP chat on fleet about PVP in this game is dead but it may as well be in its golden age compared to a dead PVP community like FF14's.

How is the OW pvp in that game? New pvp abilities and such?

Tha'ts because FFXIV pvp is bad and the engine wasn't really built for it. Doesn't change the fact that their system ideas are really good though.

How is the OW pvp in that game? New pvp abilities and such?

There is no world PVP in FF14. FF14 has factions but they're not really antagonistic toward each other and they're pretty much irrelevant like 1/4 into the game's base storyline.

Tha'ts because FFXIV pvp is bad and the engine wasn't really built for it. Doesn't change the fact that their system ideas are really good though.

FF14's engine is like a million years ahead of this game's engine. FF14's engine literally accommodates gigantic PVP matches where you literally have 70+ people going at it at once. There's no built in lag, either, which is what we used to get on Jung Ma if more than 20 people were world PVPing on Quesh. LOL

FF14's PVP is unpopular because of the stuff that you are claiming is good. The changing movesets in FF14 PVP are universally reviled. No one asked for them and they exist because the developers are too lazy to balance single movesets for all content.

Edited by HaoZhao

There is no world PVP in FF14. FF14 has factions but they're not really antagonistic toward each other and they're pretty much irrelevant like 1/4 into the game's base storyline.

FF14's engine is like a million years ahead of this game's engine. FF14's engine literally accommodates gigantic PVP matches where you literally have 70+ people going at it at once. There's no built in lag, either, which is what we used to get on Jung Ma if more than 20 people were world PVPing on Quesh. LOL

FF14's PVP is unpopular because of the stuff that you are claiming is good. The changing movesets in FF14 PVP are universally reviled. No one asked for them and they exist because the developers are too lazy to balance single movesets for all content.

can you not just save a "build"? I thought that was a thing. like wow.

FFXIV pvp was atrocious back then. You had a hardlocked combo system with a 2.5s GCD and pretty much every job had a long *** build up to do anything. The new changes are 10000x times better given the limitations they have with the games combat. Fact is, FFXIV combat wasn't really designed for pvp, but when I referenced pvp from there I wasn't referring to the whole skill thing, just having a pvp area in general with a pvp template. Basically someone can make a level 1 toon, teleport to the pvp area and be level 75 and have all their skills unlocked and they could duel there and practice their class etc.... while waiting for queue pops.

can you not just save a "build"? I thought that was a thing. like wow.

There are no builds in FFXIV since there's no trees or utilities etc...In pvp the most you have is you can select two specific pvp skills like CC immunity or a leech skill the heals you when you attack for example.

Edited by Raansu