Possible to keybind emotes?

Slightrider

No there isn't, but really can't see why it would be needed.:cool:

Because if you like doing a particular emote (or set of emotes) it can become annoying having to type it (them) out. Being able to hit a keybind or click a hotkey would make using emotes easier and they might get used more often.

Because if you like doing a particular emote (or set of emotes) it can become annoying having to type it (them) out. Being able to hit a keybind or click a hotkey would make using emotes easier and they might get used more often.
With up to 6 quickbars availalbe, I expect the "heavy" role-players might devote at least one or two of them to emotes, if you could put them on your quickbars.

might be possible with a gamer keyboard.

This, above. A programmable macro keyboard could do this easily with a multi-key macro. Just need to start the macro with "Enter" (or whatever you changed the binding to) and end with "Enter". Might need a few milliseconds delay in between the key inputs within the macro.

I gave it a shot and bound the /backflip emote on one of my Logitech G15 keyboard M-keys on the left side, and it worked.

• 9 years later...
This, above. A programmable macro keyboard could do this easily with a multi-key macro. Just need to start the macro with "Enter" (or whatever you changed the binding to) and end with "Enter". Might need a few milliseconds delay in between the key inputs within the macro.

I gave it a shot and bound the /backflip emote on one of my Logitech G15 keyboard M-keys on the left side, and it worked.

Hard to imagine Bioware hasn't taken care of making emotes convenient after so many years!

Few people use few emotes - if they were convenient and easy to chain, they might sell a lot more!