STOP removing my companions when I start Onslaught

DawnAskham

On an old character not played since KotET (level 70 character), I had ALL of my original companions (I used Odessen terminal) and ranked them ALL to 50 influence (Inq - Khem Val, Andronikos, Ashara, Talos, Xalek).

As soon as I started Onslaught from the ship, ALL of them disappeared AGAIN.

I was able to get Ashara and Andronikos back from the terminal, and I know another will return on Ossus, but the other two now require me to do the 'Find a Findsman' mission AND the companion alerts - WHICH I ALREADY SKIPPED WITH THE TERMINAL.

WHY are compansion removed AGAIN at the start of Onslaught and WHY are they not ALL on the terminal?

it's stupid, but they are removed (even from crew skills missions) while you complete the chapter quests that you started...the ones that require you to use a new or "assigned" companion.

your 50 affection companions don't go anywhere. you just cannot use them for the story quest. and for reason that make no sense, you cannot even send them out on crew skills missions while doing the break-in quest. none of that makes sense from a lore standpoint (the alliance is still in tact for the onslaught stuff; they're still your followers). I'm fairly certain the reason for this all is to force you to run the RP with the story-driven, "new" character who may or may not become a future permanent companion.

WHY are compansion removed AGAIN at the start of Onslaught

The terminal was never meant to be a stable thing.

and WHY are they not ALL on the terminal?

They should fix that, yeah. But keep in mind the terminal was for people who didn't wanna wait months or years for their companion to return in the story, not for people who didn't want to run an hour's worth of side content.

Edited by Eli_Porter

They only disappear during certain missions. They come back if you leave and are still available for everything non-Onslaught related (at least until Mek-Sha, then you can play with whoever you want again).

Why, it's a good question, but you're not actually losing them. It just means you can't send them on crew missions while you play some missions.