Maintenance: March 24, 2020

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hello everyone,

We will be taking the servers offline on March 24, 2020 to deploy Game Update 6.1c. The changes can be found in the patch notes attached below.

Details:

DATE: March 24, 2020

TIME: 6:00AM - 8:00AM PDT (1300 - 1500 GMT)

VERSION: 6.1c

Patch notes are available here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it... the only reason they are getting rid of it is for conquest.

I'd rather them get rid of their CQ points.

Now, I have no reason to play this game but raiding (because I was doing KPF to grind renown).

id rather get them rid of renow, i dont care too much about it

id rather get them rid of renow, i dont care too much about it

While I agree, and the egregious 999 renown rank achievement (in a game that takes advantage of the human MMO players need for completion), isn't going away.

There's probably a lot of players who don't do much group content and have never stepped foot in an Ops who are having a blast farming KP and meeting new people. I know I personally have had a lot of laughs running them.

Congratulations on killing some group content because people were enjoying it too much.

Well, group content should be the core part of of Massively multiplayer online game. If you choose not to take part in it you will miss out.

Story mode operations are already ridiculously easy, to the point where you can complete most of them with just 4 people.

If people tried to actually complete the random daily operation instead of forcing tobboro's courtyard they might actually have some fun and meet people. Unfortunately BW decided that conquest should be the only way to get the best augments and this is why the game turned into a conquest grindfest.

While I agree, and the egregious 999 renown rank achievement (in a game that takes advantage of the human MMO players need for completion), isn't going away.

There's an achievement? I had no idea. Will it finally reward me "robes of solid gold"?! (my main is Sith Inq :D)

Well, group content should be the core part of of Massively multiplayer online game. If you choose not to take part in it you will miss out.

Story mode operations are already ridiculously easy, to the point where you can complete most of them with just 4 people.

While it may technically be feasible, actually completing a SM op (other than Queen and Eyeless; these are by far the easiest to under-man) with just 4 people requires 4 people whose playing skill is well above what you could commonly find even in Allies, especially since, globally speaking, the playing skill of who's still playing is on the decline.

How big of a decline I'm not sure, because I only started playing under 5.8, where the global playing ability was still pretty low; however, part of it may be the gain in new/returning players that could be attributable to The Mandalorian/Rise of Skywalker, because of that, I systematically ask whether there are new/returning players before the first cutscene in a FP.

But, if content is impossible to balance properly, and your options amount to a choice between too easy and too hard, too easy is preferrable.

Unfortunately BW decided that conquest should be the only way to get the best augments and this is why the game turned into a conquest grindfest.

What alternate method would you propose to get mats for augments? Obtain mats from HM/NiM ops, and from ranked PvP as well?

Kp nerf was expected, whatever

But intended player is 70? That's a laugh. The intended player is 75, scaled down to 70 because you guys are too incompetent to scale your own endgame to max level while simultaneously being too incompetent to create an actual max level endgame.

I hope this is a temporary measure, Bioware. Because removing the mobs from the first part of Karraga's Palace punishes everyone instead of just the guilty parties. This is essentially a dumbing down of the operation.

Please find more effective methods to deter farming behavior. The farming is a symptom of a greater problem. Conquest needs to be revised to discourage this kind of behavior. This is not a solution. You're playing whack-a-mole. It's only going to pop up somewhere else, and then what are you going to do, dumb down that content too, diluting it for honest players? Don't water down the experience of the game for players that play by the rules because of exploiters. It's not fair to people that don't take the quick and easy path. (And exploiters, if you would just spend the money on strongholds for at least a 100% conquest bonus, you would have your conquest goal met in no time without resorting to exploits like this.)

I suggest starting by punishing the most egregious offending guilds by making them ineligible for conquest for a number of weeks, unless you can trace every single person that participated in a KP farm, and I bet you can with all the data you guys monitor. Then just punish them. Removing the mobs is approaching the problem with a hatchet instead of a scalpel.

I am really tired of lazy players having a strong influence on the negative changes in this game.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

I don't think removing a good chunk of enemies from the courtyard of Karagga's Palace will do any good. It's more treating the symptom, not the cause. People will just go farm something else, like the prison shaft area in Eternity Vault after the Annihilation Droid XRR-3 fight or the mobs until Toth and Zorn in Explosive Conflict. If it's faster and easier, people will do it. Hell, I still do it too.

Is it mind-numbingly boring? Of course it is, but it certainly beats the alternative of having to go through multiple daily areas (which you can only do once per Conquest).

I was just in-game, and someone was talking about farming the second phase of the op now. What are you going to do, Bioware, removed the mobs from that part too? Then what, they'll move on to the next phase. You're going to remove those mobs and keep this up until the op has no damn mobs? Someone else also mentioned farming other ops, such as Terror from Beyond.

This is playing whack-a-mole. A better solution needs to be devised.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

There's an achievement? I had no idea. Will it finally reward me "robes of solid gold"?! (my main is Sith Inq :D)

There's 2 achievements:

Get one character to 999

Get each class to 100

I'll be 6/8 on the classes to 100 (just have my tanks left) but I'll never make that 999.

That's different, players were completing the content for Ossus. For conquest, they are not completing KP. I think there would be a much different reaction if these KP farmers were actually running through the entire op. Edited by Tofu_Shark

I hope this is a temporary measure, Bioware. Because removing the mobs from the first part of Karraga's Palace punishes everyone instead of just the guilty parties. This is essentially a dumbing down of the operation.

Removing trash isn't dumbing down: it makes the good parts of the ops closer together. The incriminated trash already provided next to no challenge (and the same goes with older ops) before all these changes. To be fair, some other ops could do with less trash because excessive trash made the ops in question too long.

In today's environment, however, how hard an operation is depends a lot more on how hard the bosses are, rather than how hard the trash is.

Again the development staff find time to put out a Nerf where players have found a way to make up for poor design, a total fail on 6.0 crafting, and countless bugs and broken content. How about you actually fix broken content, act on player feedback instead of ignoring it and bring out content that is fun and functional. It is amazing that you can find time to nerf things but not to actually fix or improve content and game play. Another BIOFAIL. I am sorry for my negative feelings for the entire development team, but you don't listen to the player base, make poor decisions and generally go out of your way to screw up the players. The only real positive thing out of 6.0 so far has been the materials inventory.

Players farming the entrance to KP is not a problem. The problem is what is lacking, broken, screwed up that makes people want to farm KP.:mad:

Removing trash isn't dumbing down: it makes the good parts of the ops closer together. The incriminated trash already provided next to no challenge (and the same goes with older ops) before all these changes. To be fair, some other ops could do with less trash because excessive trash made the ops in question too long.

In today's environment, however, how hard an operation is depends a lot more on how hard the bosses are, rather than how hard the trash is.

Mobs can be and should be challenging at times though, and they lend to immersion. You really think Karraga's just going to let you stroll into his palace without resistance? Without mobs, ops become boss rushes. You want a boss rush? Go play the Eternal Championship!

Edited by Tofu_Shark