PSA: you can donate decoration COPIES from guild stronghold without having to leave

BenduKundalini

This saves TONS of time when you're decorating your guild flagship. Otherwise you need to go to your personal stronghold every. single. time. to donate a copy of stuff you personally own. (Because you CANNOT DONATE DIRECTLY from Guild decorations menu. Yeah, that's dumb :rak_04:)

1) just go to a decoration vendor (Felusia Stato, prefab droid, etc) OR the GTN

2) from the decorations listed, PREVIEW ITEMS

3) TYPE the item you want in the preview list SEARCH BOX

(ie "Pureblood Sith Lord" or "Throne of Enlightenment".

Of course you need to have unlocked one for yourself first, in order to donate a copy to your guild.)

No typos - otherwise it will not appear in the search box.

4) find the item, voilà : you have an option to donate copy to guild, from the comfort of your guild flagship or stronghold.

DONE :cool:

[Not to be confused with directly giving a decoration via guild bank, which is a bad idea except for very common items such as basic furniture, or for items that's cannot be copied]

Edited by BenduKundalini

Or, you could just press U to open the Stronghold Management Window and click on Personal under Decorations to open your personal list of decorations and then find it there and donate it.

:eek::eek::eek: I never realized THAT had a menu !!! Many thanks.

Weird, not getting notifications from replies (even though I did subscribe to them)

Edited by BenduKundalini

• 4 weeks later...
Or, you could just press U to open the Stronghold Management Window and click on Personal under Decorations to open your personal list of decorations and then find it there and donate it.

Ceryxp you have NO IDEA how stoked I am with that information you gave me.

As a matter of fact I tried to click your referral as a thanks, but I suffer from a bug and a closed ticket regarding that matter (error message since last year when trying to click a referral).

What a HUGE leap fprward in quality of life. :p

(although I find myself speding twice as much in guild copies now lol)

Thanks as well EHKodiak ;)

:ph_use_the_force:

:ph_win:

Edited by BenduKundalini

• 5 months later...
I do not see a way to "donate" (free), I only see "Purchase for Guild".

Yes, the donor pays to donate, but the payment is to the game, not the guild, and seen from the point of view of the guild, it's free, unless the guild's administrators offer to pay you for it.