Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is why we hate PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
This is why we hate PvP

Mephesh
06.27.2022 , 09:58 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by EllieAnne View Post
I just got out of a PvP where 2 people were able to hold off 7 of us from capturing a pylon. I know there will be the ubergods of PvP that will come in and say "know yer class" or "you all suck" or "you need to try harder" but the bottom line is that when 2 people can hold off 7 for an extended time, something is broken..
"You suck."
Also, you are new to PvP in this game.

A tank and a healer would always be able to stall up to 8 enemy players for a certain amount of time if their skill is high enough and their enemys are just random casuals.
This game is 10 years old and that never changed.

If they hold you up like that, their healing and cooldown coordination and execution is on the top skill level.
When you can't beat them 7vs2, your DPS and CC coordination and execution is on the bottom skill level.

It is the expected outcome when 2 ranked veterans (sitting in TS or discord with micro) are having fun with some uncoordinated enemygroup of random casual zerglings.

darthscotty
06.28.2022 , 07:00 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by EllieAnne View Post
Now that BW has forced us back into PvP with Galactic Season I'm sure the data they've been collecting for 6 months now says everyone loves PvP since they made the changes since sooooooo many more players are in warzones. So if you feel forced into PvP because of GS, tell us why you hate PvP. I'd say tell Bioware but if they do read this thread (not likely) then they still won't care.

For me it is the imbalance. Maybe not the kind you are thinking but the imbalance in stun-locks, releases, self-heals, shields, etc. I just got out of a PvP where 2 people were able to hold off 7 of us from capturing a pylon. I know there will be the ubergods of PvP that will come in and say "know yer class" or "you all suck" or "you need to try harder" but the bottom line is that when 2 people can hold off 7 for an extended time, something is broken. They were spamming CC. They would break our CC. They would self-heal for over 50% HP. They would spam their shields and reflects. I wouldn't mind losing in PvP if they were just better fighters than I am, but these are not straight up fights. These are toons loading up on PvP proficiencies and tacticals in order to pwn players through mechanics - not fighting. And then you get them grouping up for warzones and you are pretty much dead. How can I have to have fun when I can't even fight since they can spam stuns on me and if we CC them there is no effect and if my team by some miracle gets them down to 20% health - oh they self-healed back to 80% ... repeat as needed.

I would encourage you to go to youtube and look up Snaves old Stall of the Week videos. It is a fantastic example of how one person who knows how to play their class at a very high level can hold off multiple people. What you are describing is not a game problem it is merely an example of how two people who know how to play their class can hold a node.
Quote: Originally Posted by Babby View Post
We don't tolerate facts around here.

xXSchmedlyXx
06.28.2022 , 10:17 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by darthscotty View Post
I would encourage you to go to youtube and look up Snaves old Stall of the Week videos. It is a fantastic example of how one person who knows how to play their class at a very high level can hold off multiple people. What you are describing is not a game problem it is merely an example of how two people who know how to play their class can hold a node.
actually, it’s a fantastic example of how most people in regs are so bad at the game that they are unable to kill a single player. if you really want to see snave at his finest, go look up the video “Swtor solo ranked : mlg snave” from Vohar.
Globalbait

Bluefordsto
07.02.2022 , 08:00 PM | #104
Fix the matchmaking. It's not that hard. Why add a fourth to 1 team when round 1 was 3v3? Is coding maintenance really that hard? Teams unbalanced: allow 1 to add. Teams balanced: locked to additional adding. Premades are not the problem. Crappy coding for matchmaking is.

Samcuu
07.03.2022 , 08:55 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickodemous View Post
This thread is still up....gosh darn~
No I don't believe it! Ppl stealthing afk to get their weekly done?? I was told bringing back losses counting to the weekly would see absolutely zero side effects 😂😂 tbh it was predictable, because this was the main complaint from before and why they took losses away from counting in the first place.

ZUHFB
07.03.2022 , 09:09 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Samcuu View Post
No I don't believe it! Ppl stealthing afk to get their weekly done?? I was told bringing back losses counting to the weekly would see absolutely zero side effects 😂😂 tbh it was predictable, because this was the main complaint from before and why they took losses away from counting in the first place.
It's not afk-ing, it's called playing objective.
professional combat rez farmer

Samcuu
07.03.2022 , 11:33 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by ZUHFB View Post
It's not afk-ing, it's called playing objective.
I didn't quote the entire post but the dood specifically said ppl stealth sitting in the corner afk waiting for the match to end for their "xp".

ZUHFB
07.03.2022 , 10:06 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Samcuu View Post
I didn't quote the entire post but the dood specifically said ppl stealth sitting in the corner afk waiting for the match to end for their "xp".
Yes, this is what you are doing when you are playing objective. Just at a different place. Most people couldn't even defend an objective anyway, what's the point of defending then? They are just afk - nothing more - nothing less, and yet PvP players get flamed for not throwing matches by "playing objective" aka afking.
professional combat rez farmer

Samcuu
07.06.2022 , 04:54 PM | #109
There are two very different things. If ur sitting stealth near a node calling out incomings nobody is going to say a word to you. If ur way off in the corner not anywhere near a node, stealthed, sitting there waiting for the match to end, then you will hear some complaints.

Afk'ing was a major issue pre 6.0, but I think the weekly was only 10 matches and losses counted as one, wins were double. Now it's 12 for a weekly and wins are 3 losses 1. I do think they might have made it a big enough deficit between wins and loses to discourage afk'ing. I haven't personally seen much of it yet.

Nickodemous
07.10.2022 , 06:17 PM | #110
I do not hate pvp....

Lately....the only ones who do are those that are indifferent in matches. They serve no purpose, would not be missed if there or not.

They just like to complain about "cheats..." which there are none. Too much dps....groups....which are easily beatable! They also are the finger pointers at the end of the match....regardless if they at the bottom.

So, the only ones who hate pvp are those who are not good at it....funny actually!
Tyranticus - Ty'zor - Maullin - Clandestu - Pepe'nero - Clandestu

The Elite Warlord Club - The PVP FAB SIX