Petition for new content / updates to GSF.

Ttoilleekul

First off, please not do discuss this petition here. I have made a dedicated thread to discuss it, which you can find >>>>>>>>>>>>HERE<<<<<<<<<<<<

If needs be I can amend the petition based on feedback from the discussion thread.

Second. If you agree with the petition, please just type "Agreed", and then rate the thread five stars. Do nothing else. Do not make comments or give feedback in this thread. If you disagree, please write "Disagreed", and then make your reasons known in the discussion thread. We know from previous experience that a clear petition with lots of "yes" votes that is also rated 5 stars, will get the attention of the devs.

The primary objective of this petition is to get a new map for GSF and potentially a new mode

The new mode could be Fleet Battles, where your team has to capture the enemy capital ship whilst protecting your own, or it could be a King of the Hill / Capture a point type mode, where occupying a zone accrues points and kills of different types award different points. To be frankly honest, at this point we would be quite happy with a new Domination or TDM map. But I mention the other modes in hope it will get the creative juices flowing.

Based on things that have been mentioned in other threads on this forum, this petition also requests:

More GSF related Decorations - let the devs iron out the particulars of this.

Currency conversions and spending- Fleet comms able to purchase Cosmetics for GSF, or even unrelated things to GSF. More ways to spend ever increasing fleet comms, even if the price is steep. You have to grind Fleet Comms for that paint job - that's fair. Also maybe Fleet Requisition conversion to Fleet Comms? This would be a token conversion. In other words it would take hundreds of thousands of Fleet Requisition to convert to a moderate amount of Fleet Comms. For example off the top of my head, 100k FR converts to 350 FC. But at least you can then do something with your Fleet Requisition, which currently is useless once all ships are mastered. Bind purchases if you don't want to affect the market.

Legacy unlock for Cartel ships - I trust the Devs to determine the particulars of this if they feel its a good idea. I appreciate that a simple 400cc unlock feels bad for some people who already have these ships multiple times. I feel a middle ground can be found.

Co-pilot actor's voices not bound to specific abilities. So we can have the audio companion of our choice with the co-pilot ability of our choice. We all have our favorite companions, and we all have our favorite co-pilot abilities. Would be nice if these were separate rather than being forced to use a certain co-pilot voice because you need that co-pilot ability. Alternately make duplicate version of each companion with a different set of passives and abilities. Again, I'm sure the devs can come up with a suitable idea.

Bugs fixed Tier 4&5 component de-select bug - fixed. Crew passives icons no longer appears on right hand side - fixed.

Improve matchmaker. We appreciate its near on impossible to have balanced matches all the time, but improving matchmaker so that it forms teams based on skill - stats - rather than flying time and requisition earned, would go a long way to making a lot of people happier.

This would be the biggest change to GSF since the big meta changing 5.5 patch, if we ask for all of this. So it really would need your collective support. If there is something you think I have missed or you want to make comments, please make those comments on the discussion thread,>>>>Link<<<<, not here.

Many thanks.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

First off, please not do discuss this petition here.

No thanks, I'll disagree here and there if I have to as well. It's extremely important to disagree with a petition on the petition itself, to make it clear that a united front is not in any way being presented. By shoving dissent into another thread, it makes it appear as if the petition has unanimous support.

Second. If you agree with the petition, please just type "Agreed", and then rate the thread five stars. Do nothing else. Do not make comments or give feedback in this thread. We know from previous experience that a clear petition with lots of "yes" votes that is also rated 5 stars, will get the attention of the devs.

Good grief, no, this is the worst possible lesson. "Here's how to bully devs, from the time the devs listened to us last time".

How come you don't even say how to disagree with your "petition"? Hrm....

Here's your idea:

1- New map. This is a good idea. We don't need a petition for it. The devs know that new maps are great. Iokath in particular was really great. Do you think they need a petition for it? Nobody petitioned for Iokath. GSF shares resources with the ground game, especially with something like level design man.

2- New mode. I'd like several modes to be added- they could look around at other, similar games for inspiration, many of which started with domination and TDM and then added other objective type maps- but I don't expect it and I don't feel we should demand it. A new game mode is a huge deal, please remember.

3- More GSF decorations- Hey this would be neat, but why does anyone need a petition for this?

4- More stuff to spend currency on- there's technical difficulties with spending fleet or ship requisition for anything else. This would be nice for them to fix at some point, but at this point it's pretty absurd how much ship and fleet req is stored up, waiting to absolutely hammer whatever aspect of the economy they tie it to, were they to do this.

5- Legacy unlock for cartel ships - I don't want them to do this. I have bought cartel ships on many characters, and this is one way I can distinguish myself from someone who is unwilling or unable to do this. I won't be sad if they did this (though I would be grumpy as they would inevitably not throw any CCs my way). Anyway, I bought into it this way, and I hope they keep it this way.

6- Completely destroy links between a character's appearance and that character's abilities - Naw , screw this. It's great that if you like a character, you get to put up with their unique ups and downs, and can't just build everything perfectly without any actual tie to the characters being represented. It's really good the way it is now, if anything I'd like more things tied to characters and factions than now. We already lost almost everything that made these characters unique in the ground game, we have absolutely no compelling reason to lose that link here (at least the ground game people had points about access to healers and tanks back then).

7- Component deselect bug can be worked around by transferring a character. This should definitely be fixed or worked around (the workaround would be to let the game transfer you to another real or fake server and then immediately back, for no cost). But again, a petition? Screw that.

8- Matchmaker Improvements- Yes, this would be a nice thing for them to work on at some point. Matchmaker does pretty good right now though, with so many people playing. It seems to bump around in the dark when there aren't enough players for three games though.

Anyway, this shouldn't be a petition. None of these are pressing issues (except maybe component deselect). One is even a demand for free cartel stuff. I for one don't support this petition, the tying of these ideas together, and I certainly don't support the idea to shove dissent off into a thread a dev is disincentivized to read while trying to get your entire laundry list of pet crap shoved down the throat of the community.

Strongly Disagree!

Explanation can be found here or in the spoiler tag below

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9958674#post9958674

First of all it's one thing to ask for a specific thing with a petition, but I think it's a very bad idea to use a petition for multiple requests. If you were going to make a multiple request petition, you'd want to track each request separately.

Now on to each request.

1: New maps/Modes

I'm all for new maps of the existing modes, but after playing Star Wars Squadrons, I think a fleet battles mode is a terrible idea, that game had it as it's primary mode and still couldn't balance it. I'd hate to throw that in here, with very little follow up on it and it just be a freaking mess.

I think there's definitely room for new modes, but something more like King of the hill (A roaming area you capture for points) or VIP (Some kills are worth more points then others) would be much easier to implement.

2: More GSF Decorations

I mean sure, but I wouldn't bump this above another map or mode for example, which is why I hate that you put it in the same pile. I'd probably just disagree with a petition for this if it was the only thing, just so they could focus elsewhere.

3: Alternate Fleet Comms and Fleet Requisition purchases

While I'd be ok with alternate Fleet Comms purchases since that has a cap, at this point I think a Fleet requisition conversion might be a little much since there isn't a cap on that and some players have pooled tremendous amounts of it over the years.

4: Legacy Unlocks for CC ships

If you're going to add this, I'd say you'd want it at a much higher price since it's not just a cosmetic, it's player power in the sense that you get a second copy of a ship which can be very useful for having alternate builds on your bar. It would also give you ships that were unlocked on brand new characters. Secondly you'd want to refund anyone that had baught all the extra ships, since that's a lot of extra Cartel coins that they spent to get all those ships. Without that refund I don't think it would be fair in the slightest to add this.

5: Copilot voices not bound

I used to think like you did many years ago, but not anymore. I think it's interesting to have them on select characters, however my suggestion would be to add a second copy of each copilot with different passives and copilot ability, giving alternatives for different setups, while maintaining the exclusivity of voices to abilities.

6: Bug fixes and Matchmaker improvements

While of course everyone wants this stuff, this isn't a petition type thing. That's like saying we need to make a petition so the loading times are better.

Edited by Drakkolich

I'd certainly like to see a new map and game mode.

Another TDM map isn't appealing, however. While the Iokath map was an improvement on the older ones, after playing more than 3-4 matches in a row, I still end up bored, due to the lack of variety in the types of maps.

GSF really needs a new game mode. Considering how many years its been since the last map, it's not an unreasonable request from players.

The developer who worked on the ship changes and Iokath map seemed really passionate about GSF. If he still works on SWTOR, I'd like to think he would be up for the challenge of making a new game mode. It doesn't have to be overly complicated, just something different from the 2 types that are currently available.

As far as decorations, I'm not a huge Stronghold person, but would get GSF ships if they were made available. There are some really cool looking designs on both factions.

Edited by arunav

Oh, I'd pay CCs for full size meta build GSF starships for strongholds. Not stripped down ones, but armed with reasonable builds. Call it maybe 1.5 k to 2.5 k each.

New game mode would be fine.

Improved matchmaker would be great.

I think the matchmaker is the only thing where I'd really call it petition worthy though. The others would be luxuries, but mitigating avoidable (mathematically) severe mismatches would be good for the game. Even if you still get bad matches, softening how bad they are still has merit.

No thanks, I'll disagree here and there if I have to as well. It's extremely important to disagree with a petition on the petition itself, to make it clear that a united front is not in any way being presented. By shoving dissent into another thread, it makes it appear as if the petition has unanimous support.

If you’re stopped on the street and asked to sign a petition, do you just write down all the reasons you disagree with it? I certainly hope not. The entire point of a petition is to show that people want something, not to show that people disagree with that thing. If you don’t agree, don’t say anything. There are far more important places to spend your energy.

Disagree.

Just do a map petition alone if that's the main purpose. Keep the rest of the stuff out of it. It's disingenuous to add a whole lot of extras and hope we'll agree because we might like one aspect of the petition.

If you’re stopped on the street and asked to sign a petition, do you just write down all the reasons you disagree with it?

In those cases, I don't sign it. See, those petitions turn into votes, so I can vote for or against it. This isn't a democracy, this is the devs word is law.

And on the off chance that it was being evaluated *as a petition*, everyone would know what a lot of signers are. You got 25,000 people to sign your thing about minimum wage? Pathetic. You got a million people to sign it? Whoa, that's a lot!

But is 12 GSF players a lot? After all, not everyone is subscribed. So every voice probably stands for a lot more.

These are some of the tricks being used by this stuff.

Also in the real world a petition wouldn't just be Luc's pet issues plus some stuff that he hopes will get more signatures. Real world petitions are like "We should put this law on the ballot" or whatever.

If you don’t agree, don’t say anything.

How about Luc not say anything? How about YOU not say anything? Or should I start my own petition to NOT do what Luc says? Why should I be the one silenced?

The petition, if implemented, would make the game a whole lot worse.

So

DISAGREED.

UNSIGNED

STRONGLY DOWNVOTE

OR WHATEVER

There are far more important places to spend your energy.

You know, since you care so much about my time, let me offer you similar advice- there's muuuuch more important places to spend YOUR energy than disagreeing with me. So if you do, just stay silent, say nothing, go spend your energy somewhere else. Don't speak. That's my advice to you.

Does that help you? Is that helpful? Should I just tell everyone who disagrees with me that I'm doing them a favor by telling them to be silent, because I'm being RESPECTFUL OF THEIR TIME?

What a joke.

Why are we getting somewhat hostile here?

We are the PILOT community, after all .

In my experience (Xwing series, SWG JTL, SWTOR GSF, SW:Squadrons) , pilots are the most helpful and LEAST toxic types of players around.

Let's not get off track here gang, with silly forum furor, when i'm pretty sure all of us want the same thing: For BioWare to please add development & content to GSF. :sy_starship:

Or, at the very least, come to our forums area and pay some attention to it? :(

Just my 2 missiles. :cool:

Edited by Nee-Elder

Why are we getting somewhat hostile here?
It Verain, look at his forum signature. Search his name. This is what he does. Its his thing.

Let's not get off track here gang, with silly forum furor, when i'm pretty sure all of us want the same thing: For BioWare to please add development & content to GSF. :sy_starship:
I was pretty sure of this too, and all I am trying to do is get something moving in that respect. I knew there would be division over it. There always is And I was fairly certain from whom it would come. I was ready for it. But trust, He does want development and content. He already openly stated it. "We agree on plenty of it" was what he said. He just doesn't like the format of the petition. Perhaps I should have phrased it on those words. Development and content. Rather than being specific. It honestly never occurred to me. Perhaps I still will.

If you’re stopped on the street and asked to sign a petition, do you just write down all the reasons you disagree with it? I certainly hope not. The entire point of a petition is to show that people want something, not to show that people disagree with that thing. If you don’t agree, don’t say anything. There are far more important places to spend your energy.

If he wanted to, that would be his choice. Not to mention, hasn't it been said before that petitions weren't allowed on the forums? It's an open forum, not just a sign x, ANYONE can say what they want here, it's not up to anyone of us to say they can't....You can't silence people just because they don't agree with you.

BTW, I don't agree with petitions, as they say X is right, etc ,

A forum post of wishes would be much better, like they have in general.

Edited by DarkTergon

I disagree with this petition and agree with some of the previous speakers. Strange choice of requests. Format of community wishlist will better represent everyone's opinion. Anyway, the main achievable goal here is to show the devs that GSF community still exists.

agree with changes/additions with a few suggestions

You could actually use the fleet req and ship req for GSF decorations for strongholds.

Or, for *special* paint jobs, colors for engine, laser (think rainbow engine/lasers) lol

just throw us a bone, haha.

As far as added maps.

TDM Denon and a DOM Iokath.

For Denon, they could clutter it up a bit more for sure for the TDM. Very wide open as it is now.

For Iokath, the nodes could be hovered above the clutter or, scattered thru the clutter to make it more hard to get form one node to another. I think the DOM iokath in that formulation would make it more challenging than the normal DOM's we are used to.

But, im just here to pew pew with what ever im given. :p

If he wanted to, that would be his choice. Not to mention, hasn't it been said before that petitions weren't allowed on the forums? It's an open forum, not just a sign x, ANYONE can say what they want here, it's not up to anyone of us to say they can't....You can't silence people just because they don't agree with you.

BTW, I don't agree with petitions, as they say X is right, etc ,

A forum post of wishes would be much better, like they have in general.

There was a petition a couple of months back to nerf Remote Slicing on the T3 strike, and not only was it not shut down, but it worked. So I’d say that petitions are not only allowed, but they are a legitimate way for people to make changes happen around here. And that’ll be my opinion until BW says otherwise.

There was a petition a couple of months back to nerf Remote Slicing on the T3 strike, and not only was it not shut down, but it worked. So I’d say that petitions are not only allowed, but they are a legitimate way for people to make changes happen around here. And that’ll be my opinion until BW says otherwise.

ok, then lets ask #jackieq (can't remember if it's # or @, so I'll use both...lol)

@jackieq or any CM, can you let us know if petitions are in fact allowed on the forums, have the rules been changed, are you ignoring them, or were they always allowed, and just somewhere along the lines did it become a 'rule' in error.

Personally I don't like petitions, they can be used as a way to bully people, especially when the petitioner says, just agree, sign x, then give the thread a rating of 5. That alone skews any data being gathered. As I say, a wish list on the forum, so people could debate it would have been so much better.

EDIT: If you search for the word petition, you can see there has been a few, so maybe it's in the rules, but not enforced?

Edited by DarkTergon

ok, then lets ask #jackieq (can't remember if it's # or @, so I'll use both...lol)

@jackieq or any CM, can you let us know if petitions are in fact allowed on the forums, have the rules been changed, are you ignoring them, or were they always allowed, and just somewhere along the lines did it become a 'rule' in error.

Personally I don't like petitions, they can be used as a way to bully people, especially when the petitioner says, just agree, sign x, then give the thread a rating of 5. That alone skews any data being gathered. As I say, a wish list on the forum, so people could debate it would have been so much better.

EDIT: If you search for the word petition, you can see there has been a few, so maybe it's in the rules, but not enforced?

Not sure where you get bullying form petitioning.

If you feel so strongly, I suggest you put your input here.

Otherwise, why are you posting about "petitions" and not on whats been presented. Or, how to make it better?

To complain without input is meaningless.

And "I think petitions are bulling" isnt an input that is useful.