Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

At least SWTOR isn't as bad as STO

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
At least SWTOR isn't as bad as STO

DoctorBeckett
05.28.2013 , 03:26 PM | #1
With all of the gripes that y'all have about SWTOR, I tried Star Trek Online. It's WAY worse than SWTOR. Y'all have it NICE compared to over there.. and, yes.. I signed up after Legacy Of Romulus was released... but this has been an ongoing problem.

In the 1 week I've played, I've experienced:
DAILY server reboots
MULTIPLE shard disconnects
They don't have individual servers. They run MULTIPLE MMO's on the same server
Lost characters
Launcher lockouts
When upgrading my skills, the game CRASHES to desktop
Rude community
Game bugs (what MMO doesn't???)

So when complaining how bad SWTOR is, remember... it could ALWAYS be worse!!

asbalana
05.28.2013 , 03:28 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DoctorBeckett View Post
I think that you have just prempted their new ad campaign.

Darth_Moonshadow
05.28.2013 , 03:29 PM | #3
They are also playing in a vastly inferior universe populated by an apathetic military state that is so bored with their misguided personal paradise that they jettison thousands of their people to the vast corners of the universe to find them something interesting to look at.

That's right, Trekkies, come get me.

Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

TheBBP
05.28.2013 , 03:36 PM | #4
With all of the gripes that y'all have about SWTOR, I tried Star Trek Online. It's WAY worse than SWTOR. Y'all have it NICE compared to over there..

DAILY server reboots
Lost characters
Launcher lockouts
Rude community

You must have the perfect storm of bad MMO luck. As bad as that game is, it is not THAT bad all at once.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

MiaRB
05.28.2013 , 03:38 PM | #5
STO can be fun, as long as you don't play the week of a new major content patch.
can't wait for this game to come out!

WillCaedes
05.28.2013 , 03:41 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
STO can be fun, as long as you don't play the week of a new major content patch.
That, aside from occasional shard maint, I'm having a blast blowing up Elachi and Klinks with my new Romulan. Tempted to ditch SWTOR for STO if they don't up the game in space content here.

DoctorBeckett
05.28.2013 , 03:43 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by WillCaedes View Post
That, aside from occasional shard maint, I'm having a blast blowing up Elachi and Klinks with my new Romulan. Tempted to ditch SWTOR for STO if they don't up the game in space content here.
Occasional? EVERY day/night it's been down... Granted, it's only been for 2 hours max..

chuixupu
05.28.2013 , 03:49 PM | #8
I've never played STO, but, my experience in most MMOs is that the first week or two after a major launch is always the most buggy. And sometimes you're just that unlucky person that runs into all the worst problems.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

SlightlySychotic
05.28.2013 , 04:20 PM | #9
I played it a couple of months ago. It's not a bad game exactly it's just that . . . well, to be blunt, TOR has instilled in me a certain sense of snobbery with regards to story presentation. I just could never go back to a game where the story is relayed to me in dialogue boxes or even animated cutscenes where NPCs just monologue at me while I stand there silently.
Darth Sychotic: (Sith Juggernaut) "Whatever does not kill you has failed and must be made to pay egregiously for its error."
Kaz Keeno: (Scoundrel) "One day I hope we can just move on and put this whole 'trying-to-kill-me' nonsense behind us."

swtonewbie
05.28.2013 , 04:32 PM | #10
With all of the gripes that y'all have about SWTOR, I tried Star Trek Online. It's WAY worse than SWTOR. Y'all have it NICE compared to over there.. and, yes.. I signed up after Legacy Of Romulus was released... but this has been an ongoing problem.

DAILY server reboots
Lost characters
Launcher lockouts
Rude community

I also started playing STO again after the new expac was released. BUT from what i'm seeing the daily resets happens whenever there is a big content patch. As far as the other stuff i've never experienced any of that. Neither on my old Dell XPS or the PC i am on right now which is completely custom built. Not calling you a liar it's just strange. And about the rude community? nowadays every MMO community is like that. The game does have lag/latency issues. But then again SWTOR has the failure to fire and ability delay issues of its own.

I was actually excited for the new LoR patch to come out. But i suddenly lost interest when i started doing the missions with friendly ships and fleets helping you out. They gave some of the new NPC ships rediculously OP abilities, and the friendly AI still hasnt improved at all.
I'm not really a noob...