Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Crash-X
12.13.2011 , 08:49 AM | #601
Quote: Originally Posted by frotty View Post
I can make up numbers too and pretend its correct.

What would be easier is if they said "here's how many we're letting in every wave, and how many waves we're doing a day, etc."

Basically everyone in this thread who's claiming people are whining obviously have no job or obligations where they need to schedule time for this.
So get to it...

Oricular
12.13.2011 , 08:49 AM | #602
EA / Bioware: Spend the most money producing this MMO of any MMO to date.

Yet, can't handle their pre-order customer load on early access (day 1) within 3 hours?

.... wow.........

You say it's to monitor server load / stability...

We are to believe that wasn't accomplished during open beta & stress testing?... Have you not been aware of exactly how many pre-orders you've had between july-november for months now? (cumulatively, anyway...)..?

You didn't project how many servers or how much support you would need to handle your faithful PRE-ORDER customers?

I've never seen this before, and let me say, it does not speak well for things to come.

Strike 1 and I havn't even logged in yet.

Dalwyn
12.13.2011 , 08:49 AM | #603
ill just join the QQ here QQQQQQQ no invite QQQQQQQ.

fishboyy
12.13.2011 , 08:49 AM | #604
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikroswitch View Post
11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch <<< The date you can Patch or download the game
07.23.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order << The date you entered your code and where you stand date wise for early access

so if my 90 mins per wave theory is correct wave3 should be in about 30 mins for next batch
its a 2 hour wave system, the 2nd wave was let in early because they were shead of schedule, it was posted on rockjaws twitter page, so if the yare still ahead of schedule about 10:40 est is the next, and if not then 11 est

Bradyw
12.13.2011 , 08:49 AM | #605
Quote: Originally Posted by Comalv View Post
Could just people that have redeemed their code on the 21-22/07 post a screenshot of their My Account -> Code Redemption page? people would believe you more and start hating bioware more aswell

Same applies for those apparently in that have redeemed after July, yes there will be fakes, but if we get enough samples it should be pretty definitive. And even if they are playing it takes 30 seconds to print screen and post a reply with the screen
I agree untill i see a screen shot i refuse to believe it
"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes."
Andrew Jackson.

Stuffedduck
12.13.2011 , 08:49 AM | #606
Quote: Originally Posted by Drawurden View Post
2,5 billions of player on the stress test weekends, and for what ?

THAT are a lot of players ....

OskarAhlbin
12.13.2011 , 08:49 AM | #607
bioware staff never go home, they have coffe company deliver it hot 24/7 and drug dealers with crystal meth... They cant go home......

-Swag-
12.13.2011 , 08:50 AM | #608
Quote: Originally Posted by Oricular View Post

Yet, can't handle their pre-order customer load on early access (day 1) within 3 hours?

.... wow.........

We are to believe that wasn't accomplished during open beta & stress testing?... Have you not been aware of exactly how many pre-orders you've had between july-november for months now? (cumulatively, anyway...)..?

You didn't project how many servers or how much support you would need to handle your faithful PRE-ORDER customers?

I've never seen this before, and let me say, it does not speak well for things to come.

right there with ya brother what was all that beta testing for?

J-Sheridan
12.13.2011 , 08:50 AM | #609
Between the feedback being posted that the servers are getting full just from 2 waves already and Devyboy says July naturally has a higher spike.

Anyone who order after July should expect no chance of getting in on the 13th.

Its something like 1 - 2 million pre-orders

13 - 20th - 7 Days
24 hours in a day
7X24 = 168 Hours

Assume a wave every 2 hours

168 / 2 - 84 Waves

1,000,000 / 84 = 11,905 per wave

Assume a wave ever 1 hour

168 / 1 - 168 Waves

1,000,000 / 168 = 5952 per wave

This dosent count if BW will cut-off waves after a certain point
This dosent count if BW will have technical issues

If BW dont have a clue how many people they expect to let in per wave... they arent just spinless, they are incompetent. I can do this in the space of 5 miniutes. Stephen Reid has no excuse for being spinless in not posting an idea how long people can expect to wait when you have went to the trouble to stagger access.

You have to be a special kind of fool to 'wing-it' on how many people you let in a wave for a game this big.

Rhyltran
12.13.2011 , 08:50 AM | #610
Quote: Originally Posted by Oricular View Post

.... wow.........

You've never seen this before because no mmo has had this number of pre-orders before.