Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Crash-X
12.13.2011 , 08:29 AM | #421
People calm down. I doubt anyone is getting 2 or one day.

I'm sure if everything goes to plan everyone will get 5-4 days. Lets just hope their servers don't crap up.

Pleborian
12.13.2011 , 08:29 AM | #422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunlaugr
What this (successfull) release proves is that whiners will always be. This is not RELEASE DAY per se. You have been granted an opportunity to POTENTIALLY play the game earlier than RELEASE. Appreciate this, but do not act out childishly if you don't get in immediatly. Nowhere did they promise that everyone who pre-ordered on date X would get in immediatly.

By far the best MMO release I have witnessed. I am watching several people stream swtor, and they are able to play without problems. Good work so far
i can wait to the 15th, but any later than that i will be a little bit pissed, i mean i only got this pre-order so i can get early access, if im not gonna get that why would i even bother pre-ordering in the first place

the way it should work is that if they POTENTIALLY want to give me access the i should POTENTIALLY not have to pay a penny until i have that access, but they already got my money

Liberate
12.13.2011 , 08:29 AM | #423
Quote: Originally Posted by GRINnBARRETT View Post
At this point, I'm wondering if I'm still just a gleam in my father's eye or if mom is chawin on prenatals yet.
ROFL

I am rollin'. Maybe it's being up since 5:30 am but that was funny
Liberate

Nagarin_Toth
12.13.2011 , 08:30 AM | #424
What friggin joke ... my friend redeemed his code later then i did .. he's been on over an hour now ... i am choked what the frig is the point of getting a preorder for early access when people that order after you get in before you do .... great friggin job bioware!!
I live by the code as if it were law...There is no Mercy...For I am the Hunter... And you are my Prey
~ Nagarin Toth ~

Crash-X
12.13.2011 , 08:30 AM | #425
Quote: Originally Posted by Huntroll View Post
Haha, the funny thing about the homepage is that it still says if you pre-order now you can still get up to 5 days of EGA! So you are saying if I pre-order now I get to play 0 days? Good stuff!
No he just made that up on the spot.

iain_b
12.13.2011 , 08:30 AM | #426
Quote: Originally Posted by Nagrad View Post
I frankly am quite frustrated with this process. I purchased my game, via the origin/EA store and using my registered account which I will play with, on July 21st. However, I did not read the "fine print" (aka I didn't scroll to the bottom of my pre-order receipt email) so I did not know I had to take the extra step of applying it to my account. After all, I bought the game through my account to begin with.

The result is I did not know I had to apply it until November 4 when a friend mentioned it to me. So, I essentially paid $5 (pre-order fee beyond the game purchase itself) for the privilege of being frustrated. I emailed Customer Support regarding this including all pertinent details such as order number date and email address it was registered to and basically got a "sorry we're not going to do anything" reply.

To be blunt, I'm half a step away from demanding a refund on the pre-order fee, and seriously doubt I will ever again pre-order anything from EA/Origin due to their lackluster response to this issue.
The process for entering your code at swtor.com was in the emails you received when you pre-ordered your game.

As for your "demand' for you pre-order fee, the "fee" is $5 of the total of the game. You are not being charged extra.

Where is a facepalm emote?
My Little Pwny
Kulok Dunar, Powertech and GM of MLP. Want to join? Click here for info.

Squadron 1020 & 367

sparkleav
12.13.2011 , 08:30 AM | #427
Quote: Originally Posted by Morvoldo View Post
so has most of you still got the no sub error on your launchers ?
Yeah it's still there for me.
પ્રજાસત્તાક માટે! - want to know what it says? Drop it into Google Translate.
*I'm a cookie master!*

harrydixon
12.13.2011 , 08:30 AM | #428
Quote: Originally Posted by Exorno View Post
And what of everyone who is having code redemption problems caused by Origin? Are we utterly screwed out of early access?
Pretty much :@ i'm on the phone to them now, usless tossers

Red_Steel
12.13.2011 , 08:30 AM | #429
I just like to thank you, while I and the rest of my guild and friends wait, for NOT giving the RP-PvP community any support and creating a confusing launch for us.

If some of us get on a server in early launch and then the rest of us who is in later waves get block out of that server. I will remember that and that will colour my longevity in this game.
PATRIAN LEGION
Situational or Light RP-PvP, Balance of PvP and PvE
It is your destiny! Join the Legion and together we will save the Republic!
Mission & Structure Forum Join the Guild

Megaflayer
12.13.2011 , 08:30 AM | #430
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirriwah View Post
Wow I gave these people my money early for a whole day?

**** everything about this.

Sure is fun being a second-class citizen getting ROFLstomped by level 50s a whole TWENTY FOUR HOURS before everybody else does! Oh boy! So glad I forked over $60 of my hard-earned money for that great honor.
Ignore that guy. He has no clue what he is talking about. You should only listen to what official Bioware employees tell you. From what the originally said about this Dec 13th access, they stated that everyone would be getting two days extra. So, I figure you'll get at least 3 days. But I would say there's a decent chance it'll be more than that.