I'll Say It..

dbears

I wish Flashpoints weren't CC/Skip fests.

I guess maybe they won't be earlier on in 7.0 since the bonus bosses will give additional chances at loot (I think?) but I wager that won't last long.

My opinion, roast me if you disagree.. cut the rewards for completing Flashpoints in half and add a 2.5x multiplier if you defeated the bonus boss. The 2.5x will bring it back up to the original level plus add a little extra for actually doing the bonus boss.

Or leave the rewards as is, but make a few mobs within some of the packs immune to CC that breaks from damage and add additional packs at some of popular skip points.

Not saying that there shouldn't be skippable stuff, but not like 75% of a Flashpoint, and there should be real incentive to not.

Edited by dbears

I've always wondered why EA didn't implement Mythic dungeons ala WoW.

Would give FP runners a chance at good, if not better loot than OPs (depending on the +'s), would still allow people to run Master + 0 (what we have now), and they (dungeons / FPs) aren't that hard to balance. (In theory)

We get this sort of complaint occasionally; usually from people who are new to doing FPs. And I can understand the desire to do the 'whole' FP the first few times, but after the 20th or 50th time of doing the same flashpoint, you too will want to skip most of it. 🙂

The usual advice is to do the FPs solo or with a guild/friends group if you want to do a 'full clear'. But otherwise, if you are doing Group Finder, it's best to 'go with the flow'.

Must agree with JQ here. OP, you'll eventually find reasons to run through FPs enough that getting from A to B through the flashpoint is more important than anything in the flashpoint. Time becomes of essence because you're grinding. That flashpoint is just one stop along the way in that. Edited by xordevoreaux

I'd agree that any bypassing of mobs generated from character abilities is fine. It's what they are there for after all. Its the get on a speeder so you can hop onto a narrow ledge to get past mobs that I have the most issue with (looking at you Athiss). Most of the time it takes longer to get everyone past the mob that way than to just fight them. It also causes a lot of strife and toxicity if someone has difficulty executing that "bypass". Bioware should close up the unintended "terrain" bypasses.

I'd agree that any bypassing of mobs generated from character abilities is fine. It's what they are there for after all. Its the get on a speeder so you can hop onto a narrow ledge to get past mobs that I have the most issue with (looking at you Athiss). Most of the time it takes longer to get everyone past the mob that way than to just fight them. It also causes a lot of strife and toxicity if someone has difficulty executing that "bypass". Bioware should close up the unintended "terrain" bypasses.

Now this I agree with. Whenever I do Athiss (usually with at least 1 guildie) we just pull it regardless. I don't even bother attempting that jump anymore, since I'm horrible at them. Faster to just kill it.

Edit: With this being said. I believe BW should not allow any non bonus boss to be skipped in a FP. I'm looking specifically at Boarding Party (which people always skip 2 bosses), and Battle of Illum (which everyone skips 2 bosses). They should put in walls or have the bosses aggro range increase to the point they are unskippable, and won't evade either.

Edited by Toraak

Its the get on a speeder so you can hop onto a narrow ledge to get past mobs that I have the most issue with (looking at you Athiss). Most of the time it takes longer to get everyone past the mob that way than to just fight them. It also causes a lot of strife and toxicity if someone has difficulty executing that "bypass".

Get on a speeder!? That's not necessary. Actually the jump is quite simple if you just don't overthink it. You just jump up from the slanted part in front. No different than any other jump - it just seems difficult.

In any case, one might ask why the ledge is there, and why is it jump on-able, if that's not intended? 🤔

Somewhat like the Datacron hunts, the terrain features must be there on purpose (usually).

But, if you're having trouble, just attack the mobs and most group members will help. As a gunslinger, (or any ranged) you can shoot the mobs from up on the ledge. 🙂

It's the jumps that some people do in Cademimu that annoy me. 🙂

Also, some people do a lot of jumping and running through flames just to skip some very easy to kill mobs at the start of Objective Meridian, which seems rather pointless. (I can wipe out most of the mobs solo as a Gunslinger.)

Edited by JediQuaker

Now this I agree with. Whenever I do Athiss (usually with at least 1 guildie) we just pull it regardless. I don't even bother attempting that jump anymore, since I'm horrible at them. Faster to just kill it.

Edit: With this being said. I believe BW should not allow any non bonus boss to be skipped in a FP. I'm looking specifically at Boarding Party (which people always skip 2 bosses), and Battle of Illum (which everyone skips 2 bosses). They should put in walls or have the bosses aggro range increase to the point they are unskippable, and won't evade either.

Yeah that jump is hard to master. Every time I take a break from the game, I have to relearn how to do that jump again. That's why I love playing Sage/Sorc. I can Rescue/Extricate anyone that can't make the jump. I think Vanguards can do something similar if they duel the player and use their pull ability. Also, Guardian/Juggernaut can jump to a friendly player on the ledge. Anyways for the bosses you refer to, with the exception of one, they don't drop loot (i.e. tech fragments, armor, weapons, etc.). The simple fix would be adding loot to those bosses. The skippable one that does drop loot, I find most groups do kill that boss, probably 7/10 groups choose not to skip it because it drops loot.

Edited by ThanderSnB

I don't think making it more tedious is a good idea.

For me, just following an Assassin while they double-sap things so we can walk by is tedious. Taking a super roundabout path to avoid a trash pack when it honestly would have probably taken the same amount of time to just fight, is tedious. I prefer to actually press buttons, engage in combat, and play the game.

If I wanted to take my toon for a run I'd stay on the fleet and do laps around the outer ring lol.

I think the issue is that BioWare has incentivized the mere completion of the flashpoints, not the actual playing of them. If actually fighting things and doing bonus objectives and bosses were more rewarding I imagine more people would want to do them, even for the 100+ time.

For me, just following an Assassin while they double-sap things so we can walk by is tedious. Taking a super roundabout path to avoid a trash pack when it honestly would have probably taken the same amount of time to just fight, is tedious. I prefer to actually press buttons, engage in combat, and play the game.

If I wanted to take my toon for a run I'd stay on the fleet and do laps around the outer ring lol.

I think the issue is that BioWare has incentivized the mere completion of the flashpoints, not the actual playing of them. If actually fighting things and doing bonus objectives and bosses were more rewarding I imagine more people would want to do them, even for the 100+ time.

M + Flashpoints, ala WoW.

Well BW has an easy solution they've implemented in the Operation weekly in 7.0. They require the killing of every boss in the Operation. How hard would it be for them to implement this into the FP quest?