Time to take action against self-destructors

HrRav

the main reason there are doing it is to end the match fast.

we all know that in the Gelactic season's you get that you most compleet X time's match in GSF.

sure winning counts for x2 but most people that not wane play and only care for the season points like in season 1 are doing stuff like this to make it a quick match so that there compleet the challanse and get there season points from it.

and if there give the other team no points at all for it then there need to play it for real more.

and there is also no quick way to end the match any more.

so its a good idea the developers most add in the GSF

Not true. They would just go straight into the enemy and let themselves get killed.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true. They would just go straight into the enemy and let themselves get killed.

its better to have that since the team has then a better chance to win the match with people like that.

since there have no chance to win at all if some off then destructor there self each time what is happing now more.

but its only happing in Team Deathmatch.

since domination is about the 3 controle points to get score and not about kills at all.

its better to have that since the team has then a better chance to win the match with people like that.

since there have no chance to win at all if some off then destructor there self each time what is happing now more.

but its only happing in Team Deathmatch.

since domination is about the 3 controle points to get score and not about kills at all.

you think? lol

I see self destructs in DOMs too.

I let them know how stupid they are, unless they think they can self destruct 1000 times.

you think? lol

I see self destructs in DOMs too.

I let them know how stupid they are, unless they think they can self destruct 1000 times.

its also happing in DOMs but there give no kill points to the other team.

since you need to take controle points you most take.

and if its give also score to the other team then there need to fix it since thats not how a DOM game type most work at all.

its also happing in DOMs but there give no kill points to the other team.

since you need to take controle points you most take.

and if its give also score to the other team then there need to fix it since thats not how a DOM game type most work at all.

Not exactly true. Dying in a Domination match actually does give the other team 1 point, but it doesn't generally hurt you as badly in Domination matches because Sats give you so much more points when you control them that it won't matter usually. There can of course be that one really close match where it could cause a loss of course, but most Dom matches it never gets to that point.

Not exactly true. Dying in a Domination match actually does give the other team 1 point, but it doesn't generally hurt you as badly in Domination matches because Sats give you so much more points when you control them that it won't matter usually. There can of course be that one really close match where it could cause a loss of course, but most Dom matches it never gets to that point.

the question i have more here is that have the developers really know what domination game type really means and how it most work and what the rule's really are.

i have play a lot off domination game type's in the call of dutty serie's but non off then give points for killing the other players.

since it was always the 3 controle's points that give you points and not the kills.

i think for the domination game type in the GSF is more broken then we think and that we get the same problem we see in team Deathmatch more.

the question i have more here is that have the developers really know what domination game type really means and how it most work and what the rule's really are.

i have play a lot off domination game type's in the call of dutty serie's but non off then give points for killing the other players.

since it was always the 3 controle's points that give you points and not the kills.

i think for the domination game type in the GSF is more broken then we think and that we get the same problem we see in team Deathmatch more.

But even if they Self Destruct in Domination matches at an obscene amount in a match, the amount of points they would give to the enemy team is meaningless unless your in a very close match. In 90%+ of the matches Self destructing would not even impact the match itself.

But even if they Self Destruct in Domination matches at an obscene amount in a match, the amount of points they would give to the enemy team is meaningless unless your in a very close match. In 90%+ of the matches Self destructing would not even impact the match itself.

inpact in the match or not.

its still something that needs to be fix at all.

since we have this problem in the GSF all for 2 seasons all.

and if there is a season 3 coming then we get this problem again all season long.

next week starts week 7 from the gelactic season event.

and in week 7 we have the GSF missions again and its about how the X time's compleet the match.

so this problem is going to start again.

that some players use the Self destructing to end the match fast in a lose or win.

its not fun at all any more each time we get this challanse in the gelactic seasons that some players destroy more the fun for others that like GSF by doing it each time.

As has been pointed out already, while it is easy for a player to determine who is self-destructing repeatedly, it is a whole different story for a machine (or an algorithm) to do the same.

The amount of effort to determine the variables needed, to make proper statistics so that they're meaningful, to refurbish and/or reinterpret how concepts are quantified in a GSF match, so that the outcome is not only intelligent but also seen as fair by the player base is IMMENSE. It is simply not worth the time and money of the devs that they currently have.

Furthermore, such players will abandon GSF the faster they gear up - so it won't take much longer for the issue to fix itself to a more acceptable degree.

As has been pointed out already, while it is easy for a player to determine who is self-destructing repeatedly, it is a whole different story for a machine (or an algorithm) to do the same.

The amount of effort to determine the variables needed, to make proper statistics so that they're meaningful, to refurbish and/or reinterpret how concepts are quantified in a GSF match, so that the outcome is not only intelligent but also seen as fair by the player base is IMMENSE. It is simply not worth the time and money of the devs that they currently have.

Furthermore, such players will abandon GSF the faster they gear up - so it won't take much longer for the issue to fix itself to a more acceptable degree.

the idea is to get them banned, not to hurry them along to get geared up

A single potential fix would be that colliding with an object does damage, but will not kill you . . ever. So it'll bring you down to 1 hp for the ship, but it's the enemy that needs to finally kill you. Maybe only implemented in TDM and keep domination as is (as they tend to afk in those).

I'm not saying it's the greatest fix or if it would be easy/difficult to code and implement, but would help both problems of newbies crashing into things (and vets too :)) and mitigating the impact of suicidal maniacs on your team.

Edited by Aries

the idea is to get them banned, not to hurry them along to get geared up

And I agree with the sentiment, it's simply not feasible to do so in a timely and economic manner. We want to see bad behavior punished, but reality asserts itself: it is a complex problem to solve on the machine/algorithm side - far too difficult to merit the application of the scarce resources they already have or, given the complexity involved, do not see it as something that needs fixing at all.

So the second best alternative is to simply wait: those who are in GSF because they want gear will only stay there for so long - they'll remove themselves after gearing up. Considering that most people have multiple toons and with the addition of combat styles, that can be done quite fast.

So the second best alternative is to simply wait: those who are in GSF because they want gear will only stay there for so long - they'll remove themselves after gearing up. Considering that most people have multiple toons and with the addition of combat styles, that can be done quite fast.

It will never stops, to be honest

Even if you put aside the fact, GSF is at the moment the best for gear because of the box and people who have alts to speed up the main gearing proces probably will continnue to gear up their alt, the Fragment-problem is still there

At the moment GSF weekly gives HUGE amount of fragments (and other mats too)

Why anyone would shoot themselves in the leg by NOT playing GSF? 2 toon = 6 wekly = 2 golden implant/upgrade

You done upgrading them? Neet, then 9 weekly ~ = 1 Ranked golden material from the 10K fragment to mat quest

even if you are not a crafter that is (minimum!) 50M pure profit for what? Half an hour of your time?

Sure they will nerf it, more or less, but still viable, if not more so

There are and will be 0 reason not to abuse GSF to hell then p*ss on its corpse

Edited by Nikhael

what has gear up to do with the self destructors problem in the GSF?

the self destructors problem in the GSF is more thanks to the galactic seasons more since people wane end the match fast since there not care about it add all.

and a bannig system like if you self destruct 5 time's in a row without kills or damage the enemy team that a sort voting system needs to start going that other players in the same team can vote if that players gets kickt out off the match.

that there not get any reward still for it and that it also not count for the Galactic season objective

From the Dev Tracker:

"Slight Reductions to Starfighter Rewards:

We are slightly reducing rewards from Galactic Starfighter so that it is more balanced in comparison to other content in the game. We love seeing players participate in and enjoy Galactic Starfighter, but the current reward amounts are beginning to lead to an increase in players not actively participating in matches.

Tech Fragments from [WEEKLY] Galactic Starfighter are now 850 (down from 1000)"

I give up! This is the best they can do to help then it really is clear that they don't care. They are actually taking away from us.

Also, I got a warning for "communicating" with one of said offenders after the match. Apparently, it's harassment to tell other people how to play GSF the right way. Then again customer service was probably right. Once a match is over it's over I guess. To think about it I was a little petty and seems that all the reporting that we do does not amount to anything. Waste of time. :(

I've decided (and probably you the 6 others who are here) to just not worry about the parkers and self-destructors. Bioware does not care neither should I.

Edited by MakuBenjami

From the Dev Tracker:

"Slight Reductions to Starfighter Rewards:

We are slightly reducing rewards from Galactic Starfighter so that it is more balanced in comparison to other content in the game. We love seeing players participate in and enjoy Galactic Starfighter, but the current reward amounts are beginning to lead to an increase in players not actively participating in matches.

Tech Fragments from [WEEKLY] Galactic Starfighter are now 850 (down from 1000)"

I give up! This is the best they can do to help then it really is clear that they don't care. They are actually taking away from us.

Also, I got a warning for "communicating" with one of said offenders after the match. Apparently, it's harassment to tell other people how to play GSF the right way. Then again customer service was probably right. Once a match is over it's over I guess. To think about it I was a little petty and seems that all the reporting that we do does not amount to anything. Waste of time. :(

I've decided (and probably you the 6 others who are here) to just not worry about the parkers and self-destructors. Bioware does not care neither should I.

The main thing I took from what you posted is that it’s okay to ruin the gameplay for your team by self-destructing, but don’t you dare say naughty words to people or the devs will come and get you.

But yeah, this is just BW throwing the baby out with the bath water. They think that punishing everyone by reducing rewards will make people try harder in matches. In reality, all they’ve done is make it take longer to get the same rewards, so people will have to deal with self-destructors in even more matches.

This is the same mentality that led to both the lockout timer and win-only conditions in ground PvP, and you see how that turned out…

there is 1 now who actually beats Hudon,,I can name him cause he was banned many years ago and no longer plays,,,this guy just laughs at us non stop in gen chat,,he starts by circling the spawn and almost all the time the moment our team begins to have a lead,,bam,,he rams non stop in the flagship,,21 times is the most I have seen him do it,,he laughs saying help im new,,or i do not know what I`m doing,,except he has ben doing this since New Years,,and now I`m finding out the devs are loweing the tech frags for ALL of us for maybe 20-30 people who do this..Why not impliment the kick like in unranked,,,every one gets the red warning on the screen`` you are not contributing`` so there would be no excuse to cry after,,,asking to vote kick is 50/50 cause I found out a lot of people play with the chat closed,,I admit sometimes I do too..but for us who like this to be punished is not fair at all,I`m paying to play so I do expect something in return,,I`m not paying so others can breeze thru without any effort at all..

ANdY

• 2 weeks later...

I think the simplest way to solve it is to have an increasing respawn timer for self-destruction. If you self-destruct you have 15 second timer. If you do damage before another sd, it's 15 again, so newbies and accidentals don't get hurt. However, If you sd again without dmg, it adds time to the respawn timer, so next is 20, and so on. And then if you hit a 30 sec respawn timer, it's an auto-boot. Then you possibly add in if you've triggered the auto-boot, you have a lockout until daily reset.

On a related note, for newbies, it would be nice if they added a way for missile locks to count as contributing even if the target evades. When I was first doing gsf, and I've seen other people since, rely on missiles but not have them hit, so they get tagged with not contributing although they are at least making an effort. (And certainly more of an effort than self-destructing)

There is no point in arguing. If someone reported 10+times is still flying and still selfdestructing that means the devs just plain don't care. That won't be changed anyway.

The only thing that results in game team action is... posting movies or mentioning them by name. That is an offense...

best way to combat this is to award daily/weekly completion points based on participation, not wins or losses.

This means basing the daily/weekly completion points on medals earned in game, all medals, not just damage and defense.

The will stop people from self destructing to end the game on a loss quickly so they can get into a new game and repeat.