Discharged Infantry's Armor Set - WTH?

Razdek

So I went to buy this thinking, AWESOME, a Cara Dune outfit. WHAT THE HELL is that canister on the back? What the hell were the developers thinking? And the Helmet? Just what the? Which dev thought they were good additions to what would be an amazing outfit? Are the devs going to redo it properly at some stage or are we stuck with this trash? I mean, I certainly won't waste money or creds on it in its current form... which is a shame considering if it wasn't for the canister (the helmet I can live with as I don't have to include it in an outfit), I would buy it in a heart beat.

Seriously, some of the decisions that the devs are making regarding features on outfits etc are just disturbing.

I think it has more to do with the fact that the devs are not allowed to copy assets from specific characters from the show and the movies 100% and therefore have to change it up somehow. Which is why we don't have "Cara Dune's" or "Din Djarin's" armor set, but rather generalist descriptions as their names. Edited by Phazonfreak

• 10 months later...
I think it has more to do with the fact that the devs are not allowed to copy assets from specific characters from the show and the movies 100% and therefore have to change it up somehow. Which is why we don't have "Cara Dune's" or "Din Djarin's" armor set, but rather generalist descriptions as their names.

It has nothing to do with that. It's not a copy of Mandalorian set either. It's just inspired by it. Slapping random nonsense on armor sets and weapons seems to be a feature in the eyes of whoever does it. Despite people hating it each and every time.

The canister is obviously more soup for baby yoda, of course... ;)

But seriously, I 100% agree with the overzealous addition of *stuff* on armor. I've lost count of the number of armor sets collecting dust in my bank because of that very issue.

It has nothing to do with that. It's not a copy of Mandalorian set either. It's just inspired by it. Slapping random nonsense on armor sets and weapons seems to be a feature in the eyes of whoever does it. Despite people hating it each and every time.

This ^ so much rubbish added. So few armours actually used because.

For some weird reason devs love, love, love adding bizzare stuff on the back or shoulders. I've lost count the times when I saw a chestpiece that looked great on the CM art, but revealed some hideous appendage when actually previewed....

I agree. These packs on the back look ridiculous on smaller female characters, like they should fall over backward from the weight. I really like the look of this set but the stupid canister prevents me from using it. Really wish they would add a second chestpiece without it.

• 6 months later...
The pack on the back holds your assault cannon if you're a commando so I think it's a neat addition but I see why some people wouldn't like it.

I’ll have to look at that if I make a commando. For anyone else though, that canister looks out of place.

I’d probably buy it if it wasn’t there.