Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level 75 gear

The-Eradicator
10.07.2021 , 12:26 PM | #1
Where is a level 75 vendor located in the game so I can get mods for lightsaber and armor?

SteveTheCynic
10.07.2021 , 12:36 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by The-Eradicator View Post
Where is a level 75 vendor located in the game so I can get mods for lightsaber and armor?
In the second-to-last bay of the part of the Fleet where all the lower-level mods are sold. You'll need to have a decent stock of Tech Frags, and you should also bear in mind two other things:
* Set bonus effects come from the shells, not the armorings, so you may have to set up an Outfit Designer slot if you want to keep your current CM-gear look.
* It's better to get to 306 by wearing whatever junk you get from anywhere (notably, just acquire fixed-stats gear) and *then* refine the stat mix by buying mod-objects.
* (OK, three things) Don't get too fussed about it, since the next expansion (due probably in December) will raise the level cap and invalidate current gear.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

JediQuaker
10.08.2021 , 07:28 AM | #3
I don't think you can buy 'level 75' mods separately. You basically rip them out of pieces you get as drops.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Ramell
10.08.2021 , 09:15 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
I don't think you can buy 'level 75' mods separately. You basically rip them out of pieces you get as drops.
You can, from the Spoils of War Vendor in the Supplies section of the Fleet (same room as Kai). They sell gear, both components and complete armor pieces and main- and off-hands, and implants and earpieces and stuff, for tech fragments. But the things are random, like normal loot, so you might just get a bunch of Barrage R-20 enhancements and other garbage.

mike_carton
10.08.2021 , 10:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramell View Post
You can, from the Spoils of War Vendor in the Supplies section of the Fleet (same room as Kai). They sell gear, both components and complete armor pieces and main- and off-hands, and implants and earpieces and stuff, for tech fragments. But the things are random, like normal loot, so you might just get a bunch of Barrage R-20 enhancements and other garbage.
Unlike what you get from vendors of lower level gear, these items are random to the point of being atrociously bad; not a good use of tech fragments at all. Besides, you need to be at or very close to 306 already in order to get 306 pieces from this vendor.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

SteveTheCynic
10.08.2021 , 02:14 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
Unlike what you get from vendors of lower level gear, these items are random to the point of being atrociously bad; not a good use of tech fragments at all. Besides, you need to be at or very close to 306 already in order to get 306 pieces from this vendor.
True, but they *will* be better than what you have if you buy them carefully and are below 306.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.

The-Eradicator
10.12.2021 , 12:55 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
In the second-to-last bay of the part of the Fleet where all the lower-level mods are sold. You'll need to have a decent stock of Tech Frags, and you should also bear in mind two other things:
* Set bonus effects come from the shells, not the armorings, so you may have to set up an Outfit Designer slot if you want to keep your current CM-gear look.
* It's better to get to 306 by wearing whatever junk you get from anywhere (notably, just acquire fixed-stats gear) and *then* refine the stat mix by buying mod-objects.
* (OK, three things) Don't get too fussed about it, since the next expansion (due probably in December) will raise the level cap and invalidate current gear.
There is no level 75 vendor in the supply section of the imperial fleet. It only goes up to level 70.

SteveTheCynic
10.12.2021 , 01:16 PM | #8
There is no level 75 vendor in the supply section of the imperial fleet. It only goes up to level 70.
The vendor will have a <Spoils of War Vendor> tag.

The-Eradicator
10.13.2021 , 12:03 PM | #9
I can't buy from him. It says I don't have enough credits but it shows 200 in red bold. Why won't it let me buy?

SteveTheCynic
10.13.2021 , 12:44 PM | #10
I can't buy from him. It says I don't have enough credits but it shows 200 in red bold. Why won't it let me buy?
Because, as I said above, the price is not credits, but Tech Fragments. You earn these from various content-related things (completing Conquest, Mek-Sha Tradehouse mission weeklies, earning Renown levels, and many other things), as well as by deconstructing level 75 gear on a level 75 character. You can see how many Tech Fragments you have in the Currency tab of your inventory.
You'll need to have a decent stock of Tech Frags
But also: