Option to solo OPS quest with A.I. group

RazorBladecontra

It would be nice if we can make our own OPS group with relying on other players but make a eight-man/sixteen-man group with A.I.s we can choose to do i think that should be in the game we have some solo flashpoints. Why not have a option to solo an ops raid it's a good idea i have it would be fun too as well. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonsense. What the op is asking for a lot of people want. Saying " just join a group, this is a MMO after all " does not give solo players an option. PUGs formed for operations speed run through objectives, spacebar through cutscenes, and are quick to kick those who aren't. A solo player joining a PUG will have a ruined experience which further makes them never want to join a group again. Granted, past operations have mechanics that require more than one person to complete. They are too far along to get changed. However, future operations can and should have a solo mode. For the health of this game, compromises can be made. Remember, this isn't your traditional mmo. A lot of it revolves around the single player. Edited by TonyTricicolo

Nonsense. What the op is asking for a lot of people want. Saying " just join a group, this is a MMO after all " does not give solo players an option..

Ya its not supposed to give them an option. Raids are group content, end of story. If you don't want to be social in end game then you're playing the wrong genre.

In any other MMO, I'd agree with you. I'd argue that this is a single player game with multi-player content marketed as an MMO. There are plenty of reasons why there are solo players in this genre. The story, evolving worlds, character personalization, customization, and progression. There are those that play to escape reality or to wind down after a long day. Quite frankly, a MMO offers some people more than a single player game does. They shouldn't be treated as if they're playing the wrong game. That phrase is so cliche. Besides they pay the same 15 bucks as everyone else.

Raids should not conclude story lines. They can be designed as harder end game content with or with out a group element, with the caveat that the more people the harder the instance the better the payout.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

In any other MMO, I'd agree with you. I'd argue that this is a single player game with multi-player content marketed as an MMO.

No, its an MMO with story content, just like FFXIV. BW tried the whole single player focus with kotfe and the game nearly died from the mass exodus of players. Solo players have plenty of content you don't need to be ruining end game too.

If there was an option for a single player to do a raid for story purposes how would it bother anyone who wants to do with a group? Everyone wins. Plus you'd get more people interested in running because they'd have familiarity with the instance. Less wipes, more people engaging, more people having fun. Excluding people when you don't necessarily have to is an ancient practice. We want more people playing this game than less.

Nonsense. What the op is asking for a lot of people want. Saying " just join a group, this is a MMO after all " does not give solo players an option. PUGs formed for operations speed run through objectives, spacebar through cutscenes, and are quick to kick those who aren't. A solo player joining a PUG will have a ruined experience which further makes them never want to join a group again. Granted, past operations have mechanics that require more than one person to complete. They are too far along to get changed. However, future operations can and should have a solo mode. For the health of this game, compromises can be made. Remember, this isn't your traditional mmo. A lot of it revolves around the single player.

No way in ***!!! Operations are for MMO Players and solo players can stick to story objectives only.

Thanks!

The problem is Bioware tends to conclude their story lines with operations. Operations should and would remain end content. They will still require a group to complete. They will still pay out accordingly. If there is story content involved, giving a solo player an option to run it without gaining any rewards one would get as if running it with a group gives them the opportunity to experience it at their own pace. Raiders still get all their benefits and lose none. Soloist still get all their benefits and lose none.

The problem is Bioware tends to conclude their story lines with operations. Operations should and would remain end content. They will still require a group to complete. They will still pay out accordingly. If there is story content involved, giving a solo player an option to run it without gaining any rewards one would get as if running it with a group gives them the opportunity to experience it at their own pace. Raiders still get all their benefits and lose none. Soloist still get all their benefits and lose none.

I would unsub if this was implemented into the game, I don't care for the story "solo" players. They can go play a game that isn't a MMO.

Suppose someone had a disability and couldn't execute keyboard strokes or use a mouse normally? Perhaps a speaking impediment or native of another language that can't/won't speak on voice? Autism? A parent with a child accident who has to take breaks every 5mins? A drunk who needs to smoke a cigarette? Irritable bowel syndrome? Would certainly be nice to accommodate them, right? Options are enabling people in situations we take for granted. Edited by TonyTricicolo

Suppose someone had a disability and couldn't execute keyboard strokes or use a mouse normally? Perhaps a speaking impediment or native of another language that can't/won't speak on voice? Autism? A parent with a child accident who has to take breaks every 5mins? A drunk who needs to smoke a cigarette? Irritable bowel syndrome? Would certainly be nice to accommodate them, right? Options are enabling people in situations we take for granted.

This is a video game and a MMO, operations are for a group of people. Not for 1 person to go in and kill everything with ease. Go play a single player game if that is what you are wanting to do. I am done with this conversation.

Have a nice day!

There will be a solo option. It's inevitable. Mark my words.

I wouldn't count on that. Since Keith took over from Ben Irving, Swtor has gone back to the MMO roots. While there are still many things for solo players to do in this game, Operations should be one of those things that stays EXCLUSIVELY group content. Just because most FP's have a story/Solo version doesn't mean that Operations/Raids should.

I wouldn't count on that. Since Keith took over from Ben Irving, Swtor has gone back to the MMO roots. While there are still many things for solo players to do in this game, Operations should be one of those things that stays EXCLUSIVELY group content. Just because most FP's have a story/Solo version doesn't mean that Operations/Raids should.

It wouldn't take anything away from those who want to experience it their way. If you want the difficulty, challenge, reward, and group aspect of operations you can. If you decide you want to run through it by yourself at your pace knowing full well it's not going to be as difficult, challenging, or rewarding as the group version you can do that as well. It truly caters to all.

If operations were designed to be more like uprisings with little to no story and/or cutscenes, a straight forward fast paced dopamine releasing, button smashing engagement that was difficult, challenging, payed out well and required other people, would that change anything? Explain this: do raiders play for story? Remove the story from operations.

OR

Keep story in operations. Keep the difficulty, challenge, payout, and group requirement with a single player option that is scaled down accordingly.

If operations were designed to be more like uprisings with little to no story and/or cutscenes, a straight forward fast paced dopamine releasing, button smashing engagement that was difficult, challenging, payed out well and required other people, would that change anything? Explain this: do raiders play for story? Remove the story from operations.

OR

Keep story in operations. Keep the difficulty, challenge, payout, and group requirement with a single player option that is scaled down accordingly.

while I don't share the heavy opposition to "solo" operations as some of the other posters - my only objection would be that I'd rather they focused their resources on *new* content, endgame *and* story - there is very little story in operations. The early ones had nice bookend cutscenes and of course DF and DP are required to see the final cutscene of the entire Oricon's questline, but apart from that, there is little to no story in raids. Especially the newer ones. ToS has a solo alternative already, Ravagers is disconnected from everything and there's no significant cutscene inside, and Gods only has an intro quest to encourage you to try it, you can safely and easily ignored it.

Also cutscenes inside the raids are almost non existent, the very few are short, have no selectable dialogue and basically amount to the boss telling you they're going to kill you. Nothing really happens to make them vital to the story. So, you're not really missing much at all if your focus is story and not gameplay.

A solo option would serve as excellent teaching method for new players into operations. Brand new to the game, you've tried heroics then flashpoints. Now curious as to what operations are like. Let me go check it out. Get to the entrance and you're required to be in a group to enter.... Discouraging, no?

"Hey, did you see how cool Scum and Villainy is? It has a desert with tornadoes and a slummy town. The ambiance is incredible. Dude, you gotta check it out! Damn, no friends are online. Any guildies on? Nope! What's the Op of the day? KP! Rats! Wanna queue for that? Okay. Why is it taking so long? I've been in queue for hours. Man this stinks! All I wanted to do was check out SnV."

"Other day a cool decor item dropped in the OP but I missed the roll. I wish I can just run this for decorations. i want that thing and can care less about gear drops...."

"Guys I'm sorry, i gotta bounce! i gotta work in the morning and this operation is taking way too long. Welp, you've shouldv'e known they take long. Yea, but I didn't expect it to be this long. I wish there was someway to do the operation that fits to my schedule...."

These are just random scenarios that I can think of off the top of my head. As you can see it ranges. I want this game to succeed. I want them to make more enjoyable content for everyone. Old content for some is brand new for others. Someone here since day one, who has run the older operations, don't see the enjoyment of experiencing it for the first time. Giving people an option to try them on their own pace caters to everyone in the larger macro sense. A veteran won't have to feel like cmon already let's move, go go go, you're wasting my time. A newer player would be way more confident in joining a PUG or guild run when they been in one a few times. It benefits everyone.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

Solo players (and BW listening to them) already ruined this game and brought it to it's current state (dead).

Can we just get rid of solo players instead?

Did you finish your class story by your self? Everyone is a solo player at one point or another. Solo players didn't ruin the game. I'm willing to gather a lot of day 1ers are solo players. Day 1ers who are still here supporting the game. Just like everyone else that supports the game. This is a star wars game. It attracts many people that enjoy the story. Including RPers, decorators, raiders, and pvpers.

Only Oricon ends in an OP. (I'm still waiting for an option for solo players) Everything else ends up in a story FP.

I often play solo too. But I am against a solo OP. The ops are for groups, so it should be. Give us a solo option for Oricon and I'm satisfied. :)

Only Oricon ends in an OP. (I'm still waiting for an option for solo players) Everything else ends up in a story FP.

I often play solo too. But I am against a solo OP. The ops are for groups, so it should be. Give us a solo option for Oricon and I'm satisfied. :)

I'm just trying to narrow it down. Why should operations only be for groups? What specifically? The mechanics, right? Objectives requiring multiple people doing multiple things. They can be adjusted for a single person. Remember the Section X H4 that required the team to click things simultaneously? They changed it. So theoretically you can adjust mechanics from a multi-person into a singular person instance. Other than that, what? Difficulty, challenge, loot? That can be scaled down. This, if implemented, can open up a whole avenue for content. Operations can be for both hard core progression groups wanting the best gear from doing the hardest content AND for the solo player accompanied by jesus droid and a companion.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

I'm just trying to narrow it down. Why should operations only be for groups? What specifically? The mechanics, right? Objectives requiring multiple people doing multiple things. They can be adjusted for a single person. Remember the Section X H4 that required the team to click things simultaneously? They changed it. So theoretically you can adjust mechanics from a multi-person into a singular person instance. Other than that, what? Difficulty, challenge, loot? That can be scaled down. This, if implemented, can open up a whole avenue for content. Operations can be for both hard core progression groups wanting the best gear from doing the hardest content AND for the solo player accompanied by jesus droid and a companion.

I was against Section X H4 being changed and if they ever do a solo OP it better drop absolutely nothing.