Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yay, Force Apparitions are always Jedi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Yay, Force Apparitions are always Jedi

xordevoreaux
03.28.2022 , 09:18 PM | #1
https://screenrant.com/star-wars-sit...spirits-canon/

The above follows more along with my personal idea contrasting Sith versus Jedi. Sith can hedge against death, and live a long time, but Jedi overcome it, and canon says Sith metaphysical manifestations are not Force-related.
Not how SWTOR runs at all, given the Emperor's story line, but oh well.
About my SWTOR guilds
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

xordevoreaux
03.29.2022 , 04:42 AM | #2
Then I read this and there's just no keeping up with it.

https://insidethemagic.net/2022/03/d...walker-al1mmb/
About my SWTOR guilds
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

Night-runner
03.29.2022 , 04:40 PM | #3
Inside the magic is unreliable at best
The light can move in the shadow.

MadDutchman
04.21.2022 , 04:18 PM | #4
As far as I'm aware, there never has been a truly definitive answer to this

In TCW, it was Yoda's assertion that Bane could only be an illusion (which he proved correct on in that case)

The article linked also makes the assertion that these wraiths were in fact spirits, and not just manifestations of Palpatine's will and control

Neither of these are actually definitely stated as true as far as I'm aware. They are opinions (both in and out of universe)

So while it does seem likely, the door is still open for new lore to turn this assumption on it's head.
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Shayddow
04.25.2022 , 04:44 PM | #5
To me, I will stick with my assertion that Force ghosts can be Sith - the difference being that they are either bound to their tomb or their place of death (like the light-side Lord in the Dark Temple) - except if they are "bound" like the Inquisitor does.

Vitiate/Tenebrae/Valkorian is different because he is a force essence, not a real "ghost" - he didn't die until we finally (I DEARLY HOPE by all the power of both the Dark and the Light side) kill his spirit in Echoes of Oblivion.
Shekkel,80 Nimrossa, 80 |
Baalaspianyar, 80 Totendanz, 80 |
Adonnah, 80 Kydosh, 80 |
Tashha, 80 Svgon, 80 |RIP Harbinger, Ebon Hawk, Begeran

JGHopkins
05.11.2022 , 01:43 PM | #6
Didn't they show this in canon, with Momin and the Leader of the inquisitors
If you ignore the past, you jeopardize the future, fear not for the future, weep not for the past.

SithKoriandr
05.11.2022 , 07:23 PM | #7
We get Force Ghost Marr! You want to deny Marr?!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry