Bound items

Xaphanneth

Hello. New here, playing for quite a while now but I have this one burning question.

There was a time when I could sell gear/weapons I found on the GTN, but suddenly everything I find is Bound to Legacy or already bound without even equipping it. Now I can only sell gear to NPC's but not the GTN. Why is this?

There are some items that I cannot even sell.

I only play 1 characters so I don't feel the need to swap items around between alts.

Most/all of the more recent "bonus" gear is BtL. Not sure why, but probably because it's so easy to get.

Gear you retrieve from your Collections is not salable.

Some stuff you pick up has a "bind timer" on it. (red text near the bottom of the tooltip.) You can't sell it until the timer runs out. (There are also other instances of 'bind timers')

Most/all of the more recent "bonus" gear is BtL. Not sure why, but probably because it's so easy to get.

Gear you retrieve from your Collections is not salable.

Some stuff you pick up has a "bind timer" on it. (red text near the bottom of the tooltip.) You can't sell it until the timer runs out. (There are also other instances of 'bind timers')

Ah, strange. I picked up many gear that was not bound/legacy before, now it suddenly all is. Everything is also bound without equiping it, even if it's not legacy. Too bad though. Thanks for your answer anyways.

It's not really weird or strange. The gear drops now are progressively tied to your character's I-Rating, not someone else's, so the devs avoided an industry where people topped out at 306 are farming 306 drops to put on the GTN for people with lower I-ratings. Smart move, really.

It's not really weird or strange. The gear drops now are progressively tied to your character's I-Rating, not someone else's, so the devs avoided an industry where people topped out at 306 are farming 306 drops to put on the GTN for people with lower I-ratings. Smart move, really.

Oh. understandable. Thanks.