PvP Tournament - The Arena 2

septru

Hi All! For those of you who don’t know us, we are your hosts: Kogass, Biggs, and Prum. We are all avid PvPers and love to PvP in formats.

Kogass is a member of the BioWare Content Creator Program, and loves to play ranked PvP on his home server, Satele Shan. Biggs is content creator and pvp enthusiast on Star Forge, although he is doing more PvE lately :(. In his free time, Biggs loves to make helpful youtube videos. Biggs and Kogass are both extremely expierenced pvpers and entertainers, hosting several
We're looking forward to a great tournament, and hope to see you out there.

Now to the real stuff... What to expect in The Arena 2 (please read this message all the way through, as some details have changed):

Format: 3v3 Challenges

This is a 3v3 tournament. For the first time ever, we will conduct this tournament in arena challenges. This means for this tournament all fights will occur in PvP instances rather than the stronghold. This lets us reduce the amount of rules since the instances are already structured. At your specific fight time, tournament streamers (either Biggs of Kogass) will join group with you. Once this happens, please give them group lead. They will then initiate the group challenge. Arenas will be picked randomly on stream. Each team gets to veto one map. The fight will be best of 3, like all arenas are. Once you lose the fight, you are out of the tournament.

Rules:

The rules have been carefully constructed to keep the tournament as fair as possible while also allowing for diversity of classes, specs, and strategies. Anything that is not explicitly stated is fair game. The rules are as follows:

• Only dps roles are allowed. No support roles like healers or tanks.
  • Only 1 stealth dps class. Either dps operative or dps assassin, but not both.
  • No class stacking dps. (2 of the same dps classes).
  • No offguarding.

Rewards:

The prize pool now includes:

• Cash prize of $200 USD
  • 3 Exclusive Vulptilla Mounts
  • 42,500 Cartel Coins
  • 36 Billion Credits
  • 3 30 Day Subscription Codes
  • Limited Edition Retired Tawn Faun pets
  • Over 100 Rare Gold Unique Decorations

... and more to come.

Winners of course get rewards. But prizes will also be as giveaways to viewers on stream, so make sure to tune in!

Thank you a hundred times over to our sponsors, without whom this tournament would not be possible.

Scooby and Pres from Very Lit Sales Runs

LadyRann

Xam Xam

Dickles

Strikaz

If anyone is willing to help out donate rewards, it is greatly appreciated. All donations go directly to the winners! Please contact me on discord for sponsorship partnerships.

Signups and Brackets:

1 bracket.

Maximum 8 teams.

We will have a waitlist.

Players can sign up DMing me on discord, Prum2.0#7755. Please don't sign up on the forums. DM me your team name; character names; classes.

Ex: Team Prum, Thicc Prum/operative, Real Prum/jugg, Massive Prum/marauder.

Team names should be in good taste. We reserve the right to deny any team names and/or team members.

Players can change their team comp, team name, and/or partners anytime up to the 30 minutes before the tournament starts, subject to the rules of the tournament.

All teams are expected to show up 30 minutes before the tournament starts.

All teams must pay the 300mill credit entrance fee to save their spot in the tournament. Otherwise they will remain on the waitlist. Any team that wishes to participate but does not get a spot will be put on the waitlist.

Out of respect for the work put into hosting this tournament please do not troll, mess with, or disrupt the tournament in any way. Please do not restream or rebroadcast the tournament without express consent from tournament hosts. We are here for a good time. Please don’t be that spazz and ruin the fun for everyone else.

The tournament will be streamed and commented on by Kogass and Biggs @ https://www.twitch.tv/the_biggs_gaming with plenty of giveaways during the stream. Even if you aren't competing, come tune in!

Thanks! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Edited by septru

We reserve the right to deny any team names and/or team members.

Maybe third time is the charm with this post? I'll rephrase.

In the last "Arena" tournament, there were wintraders participating. If the tournament organizers are smart, they will exclude known wintraders from participating in the tournament this time.

And I'll also reiterate that players that used maps to get elo should not be eligible to compete.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

The Arena 2

Sponsored by Very Lit Sales Runs, LadyRann, and Xam Xam

• Where: Arena Challenges
  • Server: Star Forge
  • When: Saturday, February 5th 2022. 12pm PST, 3pm EST, 8pm (20:00) GMT
  • What: 3v3 Tournament
  • Signups and brackets: Coming
  • Commented by: Kogass and Biggs @ https://www.twitch.tv/the_biggs_gaming

Hi All! For those of you who don’t know us, we are your hosts: Kogass, Biggs, and Prum. We are all avid PvPers and love to PvP in formats.

Kogass is a member of the BioWare Content Creator Program, and loves to play ranked PvP on his home server, Satele Shan. Biggs is content creator and pvp enthusiast on Star Forge, although he is doing more PvE lately :(. In his free time, Biggs loves to make helpful youtube videos. Biggs and Kogass are both extremely expierenced pvpers and entertainers, hosting several

Now to the real stuff... What to expect in The Arena 2 (please read this message all the way through, as some details have changed):

This is a 3v3 tournament. For the first time ever, we will conduct this tournament in arena challenges. This means for this tournament all fights will occur in PvP instances rather than the stronghold. This lets us reduce the amount of rules since the instances are already structured. At your specific fight time, tournament streamers (either Biggs of Kogass) will join group with you. Once this happens, please give them group lead. They will then initiate the group challenge. Arenas will be picked randomly on stream. Each team gets to veto one map. The fight will be best of 3, like all arenas are. Once you lose the fight, you are out of the tournament.

Rules:

The rules have been carefully constructed to keep the tournament as fair as possible while also allowing for diversity of classes, specs, and strategies. Anything that is not explicitly stated is fair game. The rules are as follows:

• Only 1 support class. Either a healer or tank, but not both.
  • No offguarding.

Rewards:

• Cash prize of $150 USD
  • 3 Exclusive Vulptilla Mount Codes
  • 18,000 Cartel Coins
  • 20 Billion Credits
  • 3 90 Day Subscription Codes

... and more to come.

Winners of course get rewards. But prizes will also be as giveaways to viewers on stream, so make sure to tune in!

Thank you a hundred times over to our sponsors, without whom this tournament would not be possible.

LadyRann

Xam Xam

If anyone is willing to help out donate rewards, it is greatly appreciated. All donations go directly to the winners! Please contact me on discord for sponsorship partnerships.

Signups and Brackets:

1 bracket.

Maximum 8 teams.

We will have a waitlist.

Players can sign up DMing me on discord, Prum2.0#7755. Please don't sign up on the forums. DM me your team name; character names; classes; and indicate who is support.

Ex: Team Prum, Thicc Prum/operative, Real Prum/jugg tank, Massive Prum/marauder.

Team names should be in good taste. We reserve the right to deny any team names and/or team members.

Players can change their team comp, team name, and/or partners anytime up to the 30 minutes before the tournament starts, subject to the rules of the tournament.

All teams must pay the 300mill entrance fee to save their spot in the tournament. Otherwise they will remain on the waitlist. Any team that wishes to participate but does not get a spot will be put on the waitlist.

Out of respect for the work put into hosting this tournament please do not troll, mess with, or disrupt the tournament in any way. Please do not restream or rebroadcast the tournament without express consent from tournament hosts. We are here for a good time. Please don’t be that spazz that ruins the fun for everyone else.

The tournament will be streamed and commented on by Kogass and Biggs @ https://www.twitch.tv/the_biggs_gaming with plenty of giveaways during the stream. Even if you aren't competing, come tune in!

10k USD for platinum? U must be out of your ****in mind u ****in degenerate lol....I am putting that towards owning a home. I was thinking more like 500 or something lol.

Maybe third time is the charm with this post? I'll rephrase.

In the last "Arena" tournament, there were wintraders participating. If the tournament organizers are smart, they will exclude known wintraders from participating in the tournament this time.

And I'll also reiterate that players that used maps to get elo should not be eligible to compete.

can you name the wintrader ?

The Arena 2

Sponsored by Very Lit Sales Runs, LadyRann, and Xam Xam

Rules:

• Only 1 support class. Either a healer or tank, but not both.
  • No offguarding.

Rewards:

• Cash prize of $150 USD
  • 3 Exclusive Vulptilla Mount Codes
  • 18,000 Cartel Coins
  • 20 Billion Credits
  • 3 90 Day Subscription Codes

... and more to come.

LadyRann

Xam Xam

Signups and Brackets:

1 bracket.

Maximum 8 teams.

We will have a waitlist.

Players can sign up DMing me on discord, Prum2.0#7755. Please don't sign up on the forums. DM me your team name; character names; classes; and indicate who is support.

Ex: Team Prum, Thicc Prum/operative, Real Prum/jugg tank, Massive Prum/marauder.

All teams must pay the 300mill credit entrance fee to save their spot in the tournament. Otherwise they will remain on the waitlist. Any team that wishes to participate but does not get a spot will be put on the waitlist.

Out of respect for the work put into hosting this tournament please do not troll, mess with, or disrupt the tournament in any way. Please do not restream or rebroadcast the tournament without express consent from tournament hosts. We are here for a good time. Please don’t be that spazz that ruins the fun for everyone else.

why you need to pay 300 million when you already have donation ?

why you need to pay 300 million when you already have donation ?

To be frank, the entrance fee is there to discourage casual or uncommitted teams from signing up. While this tournament is open to all players regardless of skill, the tournament is more enjoyable, entertaining, and overall fun when the teams are more competitive. We have determined that 300mill (roughly 100mill each player) is a good barrier to create. If the entrance fee needs to be changed, we will change it in the future.

Hi All,

After a lot of thought, consideration, and testing, we will be changing the tournament format from 3v3s with 1 support, to 3v3s with all dps classes. This was done in part to make the tournament shorter, more entertaining, and appealing to participants. As such the rules for the tournament have been slightly modified:

Rules:

• Only dps classes allowed.
  • No class stacking (2 of the same class).
  • No offguarding.

The original post will be edited to reflect these changes. Thanks.

• Server: Star Forge
  • When: Saturday, February 5th 2022. 12pm PST, 3pm EST, 8pm (20:00) GMT
  • What: 3v3 Tournament

i went ahead and told our GUILD(s) about your event. Always nice to see PLAYER-made events in SWTOR (which are, imo, extremely rare and frankly the game itself has never really been all that 'event friendly' ) . I've tried a couple PVP themed events myself over the years, most recently this one: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=976832 , which was 1v1 tourney so unfortunately not that many PVP'ers showed up.

I would enter myself but i'm not certain of my availability that day/date. Anyways, best of luck!

For those of you who don’t know us, we are your hosts: Kogass, Biggs, ] is a member of the BioWare Content Creator Program, .

Are you talking about THIS? --> https://www.swtor.com/blog/welcome-content-creator-program .... And if so, is that program now defunct or still going on?

-------

p.s. One suggestion that might be cool, if u guys have time/interest: Maybe run another 'Arena 3' version in MARCH....after the big 7.0 Combat Revamp , to compare how (and who) wins PVP in different versions of the game.

Just a thought. :ph_cheers:

Edited by Nee-Elder
imo , 7.0 update should've focused on: GSF, Crafting, and PLAYER-made Events systems

Are you talking about THIS? --> https://www.swtor.com/blog/welcome-content-creator-program .... And if so, is that program now defunct or still going on?

Still going on. Check out this link of a recent highlight BioWare did of Kogass https://www.swtor.com/blog/community-content-creators-swtor-meet-kogass. Big shoutout to BioWare who helped sponsor the tournament and supply some of rewards.

We are just one week away!

• Signups are still open. So if you were thinking about joining, now is the time.

• If you haven't already, take a look at the rewards which are being updated and expanded thanks to our generous donors.

• Brackets are now up! And can be found in the Signups and Bracket Spreadsheet.

• And finally, even if you do not show up we hope to see you live in stream twitch.tv/the_biggs_gaming for competitive, high-stakes fights, expert analysis and commentary, and MASSIVE giveaways.

Edited by septru

Where did Snaves post go, pretty much summing this tournament up as big scam ?

Why would two well known streamers participate in a scam? Further, even if it were a scam, 100 million these days is pocket change. Do you have a point, other than interrupting?

Prum, good luck with the program! Its nice to see you organizing events once again. I hope its a success and it helps to get players interested in PvP. No better incentive than a pile of credits!

Congratulations to all participants who entered. THIS WAS THE BIGGEST TOURNAMENT IN SWTOR HISTORY.

1st Place: Synergy

2nd Place: Fifth Harmony

3rd Place: Kinda Us

This tournament was amazing to watch, and honestly some of the best gameplay I've ever seen in my time of playing this game.

Last shoutout to all our hosts, who turned up with over $1000 worth of rewards, including the RAREST MOUNT IN THE GAME. So thank you to all who donated, especially @Jackie and @SWTOR. This tournament could not have happened without them.

See you next time!

Edited by septru