Co-op for a Jedi and a Smuggler

KellstonTwitch

Hi guys,

Does anyone know much about how easy and/or fun it is to do co-op with characters who share a faction but different starting planets?

I've done a little digging to work out what it might involve, I get that the level 10 threshold has to be met so that we can properly meet up (as a side note, we're both subscribing - does this in any way change the time it takes to hit this level and progress as a unit from there on?) I have heard this may require 2 hours or so of solo questing before grouping up.

I have a friend who's very much into force users, whereas I'm more inclined to play a Galactic scumbag. Will this work well? Thanks for any advice or input :) sorry if it's a bit open-ended!

Just play your respective home worlds and then meet up on the fleet after. Neither will be able to pick up missions on the other's home world, so there is little reason to try grouping before then. Completing the home world story will require a bit of solo play, or grouping with other people other than you two.

Once you meet up on the fleet station then you can group up and head to Coruscant. On each planet you will have your respective class story missions, in which the other person will be a spectator and not participate in the scene, but you can help them kill mobs in the missions. To truly work as a team you will need to do side missions; either the planet story arcs or explorer missions. In those you will both be participants during cutscenes.

If you exclusively play purple missions, which will be your respective class missions and the planet arc missions, then you will earn enough experience to remain on level, or more likely ahead of level, for the planet you are on.

As far as grouping with each other, that can be done when one of you hits level 7 ( either of you can travel via shuttle to the fleet and then to the other start planet.) With leveling quite fast, both of you may not be very far along in your individual class stories. Be prepared though for being over leveled when yo return to the other starter planet, it take nearly no effort to hit Level 12/13 on a starter planer solo, but if you main goal it to play together levels don't really matter, imho. For added story involvement you each can set out and complete side quests until you can group up, pull up your map "M" and toggle the Exploration box at bottom left to insure you can see the available side missions. I would also recommend attempting the Flash points (mostly launched from fleet) after you level and leave each starter planet, with 2 player and companions you should be enjoying the game together in no time.

Best of Luck.