How much is a lot of credits?

DeadOptimus

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a pref player, 1 million...lol.

But as a sub about 500 mill would be comfortable, 1 Bill + would be wealthy, 30Bill+ would be really rich, 100 bill would be richie rich

Wow. That's almost disheartening...

Two realities where to throw your money around at. Client side(=giving money to vendors etc) and player to player.

Client side, most credit sinks can't really handle the rate with which new credits are created to the world now. It is common for one to sit on top of 1 bil. That'll easily buy you most all important things an NPC would sell. All the SHs, gear,etc. Have 1 bil and client thinks you are super rich. And as long as you deal with only client side, you can think you are super rich too. I bet GS credit sink will put this notion toquestion soon tho.

When it comes to player to player stuff, hyper inflation is a thing. 1 bil is already bit less money now than it was back when this thread was created. Let's say player is rich if he has 10 unpopped hypercrates in a cargo hold. Player can ask 500 mils from each now. If that player has 500 mils x 10=5 bils of credits instead of the crates, that's lots of wealth too. But thats lots of wealth is basically placed on a leaking floor, those same credits buy him less from other players a month from now. Meanwhile, player with the crates can sold them for more credits in a month than he could today.

tldr invest on Czerka stock and Kath Hounde coins.

Edited by Stradlin

I’m also wondering how much the GS sink will be.

I read somewhere each click costs bit more than previous one. I bet it'l be almost nothing for a while but legit expensive in the end, if you mean to burnn through 100 lvls or something.

iirc it costs like 7k cc to tackle the season? Assuming we reduce the cc you earn by doing that from the price tag. That's what...600 mils worth on GTN or something? Roughly. I'm sure BW thinks 1 cc is less credits than what GTN thinks. Purely guessing 250-300 mils buys you a full season. Which is super cheap for many players. Could be they ask more. Not super surprised if it is like 1 bil instead, they might really wanna get rid of some credits.. But still, I put my money on 300 mils!

Edited by Stradlin

I read somewhere each click costs bit more than previous one. I bet it'l be almost nothing for a while but legit expensive in the end, if you mean to burnn through 100 lvls or something.

iirc it costs like 7k cc to tackle the season? Assuming we reduce the cc you earn by doing that from the price tag. That's what...600 mils worth on GTN or something? Roughly. I'm sure BW thinks 1 cc is less credits than what GTN thinks. Purely guessing 250-300 mils buys you a full season. Which is super cheap for many players. Could be they ask more. Not super surprised if it is like 1 bil instead, they might really wanna get rid of some credits.. But still, I put my money on 300 mils!

I can hear the outrage now if it’s 300 mill.

Not super surprised if it is like 1 bil instead, they might really wanna get rid of some credits.. But still, I put my money on 300 mils!

I can hear the outrage now if it’s 300 mill.

No one will pay 10,000 cartel coins if its as low as 300 mil. That's not even one hypercrate

Edited by Falensawino

find out how much 1 hypercrate is worth.

Then use that to determine how much 10k CC is worth to unlock the whole season. You can take the 4k CC you earn from the GS out of the equation but you are still spending 10k CC if you spent CC to unlock the full season versus doing dailies/weeklies in game.

My guess is that GS is worth around 800 million to 1 billion credits.

I'm returning to the game after a long hiatus and it looks like inflation has struck. What's a decent range of credits considered "enough," how many is "decent," how many is "a lot?"

To play the basic game doesn't require much more than before. The basic costs of travel, repairs, basic gear, etc, hasn't gone up that much.

Towards the end, when you want to purchase a bonus set, that can take some more credits.

So, I'd say, a couple of 100K is enough. A couple of million is 'decent', leaning closer to 100 million towards endgame. 1 billion+ is a 'lot'.

You'll see a lot of people talking about having billions of credits (I have 1.5+ billion), and you'll see lots of "shinies" going for millions on the GTN, but you don't need the shinies to play the game. Also, many of those people with billions of credits seem to spend a lot of their play time just making credits (for no apparent reason).

(And before anyone mentions it, those expensive 300 rating augments, I consider "shiny". 🙂 )

Short answer, less than a million is going to feel tight, especially if you are paying to send companions on missions or regularly buying things.

More in depth breakdown of my assessment below:

Sold some Cartel Market items after returning from a long hiatus, and made around 150 mil (best guess is it would have been worth around 50-75 mil before I left) and I was able to buy a ton of full outfit sets with that and it probably would have covered any single item I would have been interested in (“high-end” stuff tends to be listed at around 60 mil+). At the 100 mil range I felt “wealthy” although certain items would still be out of reach, and obviously that runs out at some point. Probably the most I ever had at one time, but I also tend to spend credits as soon as I get them, so not sure how much that means.

Once I ran through that I went back to my usual method of selling crafts for money and that can net you around a couple mill a night easy if you keep it all moving consistently. So I’ve been living off around 5 -10 mil in my account as the standard amount, and that’s comfortable. I can pick up the occasional item off the Market, and don’t have to worry about not having funds to send companions on missions.

Less than a million runs out fast, and would be what I consider “poor” in this game.

Edited by Karameck

I'm returning to the game after a long hiatus and it looks like inflation has struck. What's a decent range of credits considered "enough," how many is "decent," how many is "a lot?"

Thank you!

I'd suggest watching the GTN from time to time and be careful as to what you buy ... then resale to get back into the game. It took me a couple of years messin' around with it to get back on my feet again ! ( I left for two years ... but keep up my sub and only logged in enough to keep the game updated ... etc !! )

I's suggest shooting for 1 or two billion ... then you can doo pretty much what you like as far as strong holds ... and a few scattered augments or mods (only when you REALLY need them).

The new gearing system really does help with your alts. You will need several tabs in your Legacy vault to store them ... but works great if you just pay attention and plan a bit !! THIS ALONE will save you a TON of credits on gear that you can spend else where (when you see something nice and decide to pull the trigger on it !!).

Now .. a more specific answer to your question;

** 1 Billion .. you're good to go !!

** 5 Billion ... on easy street .. but not the richest !!

** 30 Billion + ... OK other people are now criticizing you for having too much !!

BTW.. it's easier to get to the 1 Billion than most people want to admit to. Yes it's done off of the GTN.. and some of it is off of crafting mats. This is above board and will work regardless of what is going on with the rest of the game.

Crafting has taken a huge turn for the worse. So it's not so easy to make credits off of that aspect of the game now. Although many still make 500 Mil in a reasonable amount of time (and do that regularly).

Heck .. 2-1/2 years ago I had only 80mil .. period! I'm now in pretty good shape !! (As long as I don't something stupid and throw it away). ;)

To play the base game, a hundred million would be a lot and cover all needs.

To play the cosmetic CM game, billions upon billions.

Other thoughts...

Seasons on PTS went well into the billions if I am recalling correctly (for sure into the hundreds of millions).

Current 'easy' credits (outside using CC to convert to CM items to sell on GTN) require a good number of alts running fast daily and weekly tech fragment content (such as TC) while capping conquest in a large yield guild each week, buying RPMs, and selling them on GTN.

Wow. That's almost disheartening...

Don't worry only the elite have that much!

Highest I've ever had was like 40mil, currently sitting on 23mil atm

Edited by Suzsi

Ummm... no !

Not trying to stat something ... But I'm anything BUT elite in this game at anything !! I just know how to shop / spend (if and when I get to that part) ... and SAVE my credits for those things I want later on !! (Sometimes those items are mods when I'm in a "crunch for them" ... not just "shiny stuff").

I haven't spent that much time on the GTN in over a month !! Even when I was "actively trading" I never spent more than 30 minutes a day !!

In any case I'm sure OP wasn't looking for another series on how to use the GTN ... or why things are so expensive ... or anyone of about 6 different complaints about the game !

I hardly tired and I made 278 mil this week selling crafted items on the GTN. They were not end game augments or anything high end. Most of it was from dyes and some from decos.

I've been sitting on around 340M credits for a long time, and 3-4 years ago that would have been a nice chunk of change. Now, it feels like chump-change when searching the GTN. The game's economy has become a joke, and it all started with the Unstable Arbiter's Lightsaber back in 2016. At least, that's when I personally observed how asinine was becoming. I still have the screenshot I took of it on the GTN when it was initially listed for 80M credits on the server I was on. I screenshotted it because I thought it was hilarious, and that nobody would pay that much for a lightsaber. Man, how wrong I was.

About Galactic Season costs; these were the prices to jump from 1-95 on PTS:

Level 95 - 6,238,766,080 credits or 9500CC

You couldn't unlock 95-100 with credits although CC was allowed.

The credit and CC amount does subtract the amount for each level you advance.

The CC amount was the same when it reached the live server so maybe the credit amount will be as well, we will see in a few weeks when they unlock the credit option.

Edited by UlaVii

Ummm... no !

Not trying to stat something ... But I'm anything BUT elite in this game at anything !! I just know how to shop / spend (if and when I get to that part) ... and SAVE my credits for those things I want later on !! (Sometimes those items are mods when I'm in a "crunch for them" ... not just "shiny stuff").

I haven't spent that much time on the GTN in over a month !! Even when I was "actively trading" I never spent more than 30 minutes a day !!

In any case I'm sure OP wasn't looking for another series on how to use the GTN ... or why things are so expensive ... or anyone of about 6 different complaints about the game !

Tbh I have hardly touched the GTN in months other then to sell some crafting mats and buy one dye that was about 300k.

If you aren't into farming or using the gtn to earn and just play the game you just don't get that many credits from just playing anymore. They nerfed all that - which essentially nerfed story players into the ground for creds.

I'm really not personally bothered by it though.

Got the appearnce armor sets I wanted ages ago when they were still cheap. I have almost 4k CCs just from saving monthly sub reward - more then enough for any new sets that might pop up that I want, and I get to spend my time doing what I enjoy the most, story!

Edited by Suzsi