What happens to my CC armor pieces and all armorings etc? [7.something]

Capt_Solbeamer

Will we get to keep our 20 vaultpages filled with armor sets and armorings and enhancements, or will be it be the wipe amongst wipes and will all vaults be emptied killing trillions of assets?

And if armorings and mods etc will be wiped? Only for lvl 70-75 or ALL level stuff?

I am feeling.... VERY uncomphy now.... I have spent... YEARS RE stuff into purple.

If I add up the hours RE-ing I can cross out 2 next incarnations...:confused:

They will continue to exist. The usefulness of armorings (mods, ...) will be constrained to some character level ranges (levels 1-75) based on what each such individual item actually is; but they'll still be in your stotage. The CC armor sets will still be usable in the Outfit slots. Edited by mike_carton

AFAIK, what's happening is gear past level 75 won't be moddable, i.e. the newest end game gear. I haven't heard anything that previous gear or mods will be affected, though I did read something about set bonuses no longer working past 75? BW has been doing a terrible job of keeping on top of info and clarifying for this expansion, so some stuff is getting misunderstood as worse than it is (though still bad).

AFAIK, what's happening is gear past level 75 won't be moddable, i.e. the newest end game gear. I haven't heard anything that previous gear or mods will be affected, though I did read something about set bonuses no longer working past 75? BW has been doing a terrible job of keeping on top of info and clarifying for this expansion, so some stuff is getting misunderstood as worse than it is (though still bad).

So, unless what I know is out-of-date, you're pretty much correct. All of the gear will still exist and be usable for fashion, but the set bonuses will cease to function at 76, just like the 5.x set bonuses all sunset as soon as you hit 75.

Gear won't be moddable, heck new mods won't exist, until they finally raise the IR caps to 334 in a future update, from what I've read.

Edited by Automnal

Hey folks,

Quick update on one of the features slated to launch with Legacy of the Sith; Weapons being added to Outfitter. Unfortunately, this feature will not be shipping alongside the expansion and instead will be coming in Game Update 7.1.

We have made this decision due to the feature not being ready for PTS testing this week; it is important to us that we get your thoughts on it before it goes in-game, especially since we know how excited everyone is to see it come to life in SWTOR (as are we!). You shouldn’t have to wait too long before seeing it though! Our goal is to get 7.1’s PTS started in February; we're currently targeting the week before, or the week after 7.0’s launch.

Thank you for your patience. We know you are just as eager as we are to enjoy this added level of character customization!

-eric

This might be what you are hearing about...

no gear mods + no weapons in outfits = ???

Good thing all 70 minus gear and way to mod these will not vanish.

...I have filled a ingame request as well as a idea thread about resetting all my chars back to the lvl of the lowest completed class mission and another button to stop any leveling or some from specific sources. (Space missions is a silly one f.i.)

.... I hope we get this button. I have excellent reasons to tap it. And involves my Chi!

Sounds to me they are wiping the slate clean and starting over again. They have done this several times in the past with gear. On several of my oldest toons, I still have the original pvp gear sets in which the bonuses and resilience are unusable. Of course, they were not modable like our current gear, but it is a similar concept. Yup, as a previous poster stated, they will be only useful in outfitter.

EDIT: people should be screaming for more storage slots.....:D

Edited by Nickodemous