How will 7.0 Weapon's Work Now?

transpose_x

Since the Weapon Customization feature is being delayed from the 7.0 launch - how are we supposed to use all or any of the weapons we've collected at launch? I have quite a few Cartel Market weapon's and since Mod's are being removed from the game (for no reason that make's ANY sense) Everyone will be forced to use the same weapon from now on correct? There will be no way to customize weapons from my understanding. Am I reading this correctly or is this some kind of joke? Why is this expansion being released in such a gloriously bad and unfinished state? The bait and switch with the expansion being showcased to what we are now getting is unfathomable and it's become clear that the dev's have NO intention on listening to the playerbase/PTS. Please tell me I'm wrong and if not, will they reimburse everyone who has spent money on Cartel Market Armor's/Weapons???

It sounds like everyone will have to use the default weapon look if they want to use 318+ weapons, and Bioware is pushing a quick release of 7.1 (March) for weapon outfitter. They won't give a refund for 2 months of not being able to use your weapons. I'm not saying I agree with Bioware's actions, but they won't give out refunds. It's clear now that Bioware can't release an expansion's worth of features in one update. They need to split things up into smaller patches, and they should plan it this way going forward. Instead of marketing an expansion, they market a "season" of updates.

Mod vendors are still on PTS, just don't provide anything past 306. You can still stuff cartel market weapons with 306 mods. Good thing I stripped all the 306 mods out the gear of my characters that I torched and stuck it all in a legacy bay. You can always pop them out and use them as hand-me-downs as well for toons not at 80. Edited by xordevoreaux

This will be the first "expansion" in which the new content will be far worse and meaningless than the past expansion. I've never played a MMO that removed customization, stripped down classes and delayed "features" leaving the feeling that what we are getting is worse than getting nothing new at all. That's next level....

Mod vendors are still on PTS, just don't provide anything past 306. You can still stuff cartel market weapons with 306 mods. Good thing I stripped all the 306 mods out the gear of my characters that I torched and stuck it all in a legacy bay. You can always pop them out and use them as hand-me-downs as well for toons not at 80.

You're joking right?

You're joking right?

Sadly, no. Until the Weapon Designer slot (or whatever it's called) makes it to live servers, the choice is to use the moddable main hand weapon of choice (likely a Cartel Market weapon) with, at best, 306 rated stats. Or, to use the static stat main hand weapon one acquires in 7.0 that will have a better than 306 rating.

Sadly, no. Until the Weapon Designer slot (or whatever it's called) makes it to live servers, the choice is to use the moddable main hand weapon of choice (likely a Cartel Market weapon) with, at best, 306 rated stats. Or, to use the static stat main hand weapon one acquires in 7.0 that will have a better than 306 rating.

arent they straight up removing mods from the game? including ones you got

This will be the first "expansion" in which the new content will be far worse and meaningless than the past expansion. I've never played a MMO that removed customization, stripped down classes and delayed "features" leaving the feeling that what we are getting is worse than getting nothing new at all. That's next level....

100 % this !

Bioware in Austin should BE VERY VERY VERY EMBARASSED ! This so called 7.0 expansion is a FARCE !

arent they straight up removing mods from the game? including ones you got

This is a persistent bit of misinformation that's been floating around, and is really unfortunate.

As already noted, everything that currently exists is not changing (in regards to mods that is), so if cosmetics is more important to you than squeezing out the last bit of stats, then you probably won't be affected much.

Also moddable gear isn't going away going forward, it's just not going to be available at 7.0, as it'll only be available when the higher item rating gear comes out, first (IIRC) with the new OP and then later all forms of content as the max item rating for the content scales up. (the wisdom of this is dubious really, but at least it is only temporary)

Also moddable gear isn't going away going forward, it's just not going to be available at 7.0, as it'll only be available when the higher item rating gear comes out, first (IIRC) with the new OP and then later all forms of content as the max item rating for the content scales up. (the wisdom of this is dubious really, but at least it is only temporary)

Will it be for all forms of content eventually? From reading the description they put out about it, I didn't get the impression that it would eventually be available to someone who only does solo stuff.

For what it's worth, I think you have to get to 324 rating on the new gear to get equivalent stats to 306 gear, so hopefully 7.1 doesn't take TOO long to come out and we can deal with 306 weapons for a while.

I mean, the fact that there was only one slot for weapons in the outfitter on PTS was a bad sign anyway (what about dual wielders?).

This expansion is like jumping out of a plane without actually packing a functional parachute. To think this will end up any better than a splat at this point is crazy. One of the biggest cases of over promise and under deliver (by pure omission of features) I've ever seen. Can't wait for this wonderful "new" experience they are forcing down our throats... ugh Edited by transpose_x
mispelling

For what it's worth, I think you have to get to 324 rating on the new gear to get equivalent stats to 306 gear, so hopefully 7.1 doesn't take TOO long to come out and we can deal with 306 weapons for a while.

I mean, the fact that there was only one slot for weapons in the outfitter on PTS was a bad sign anyway (what about dual wielders?).

Most of my Min-Maxed Modded 306 gear was still better then end game unmodded gear on PTS.

Not sure if that'll be different on launch but I had about 10-12k more in the "Damage" tab about 10k more in the support tab.

The stats are so crazy scaled on PTS which was another part of the issue. Only pieces I swapped out were a couple on the left side, belt and wrist.

Edited by TheVoyant

100 % this !

Bioware in Austin should BE VERY VERY VERY EMBARASSED ! This so called 7.0 expansion is a FARCE !

They should be embarrassed, but I am guessing that they are laughing it up and patting themselves on the back instead.

Just a friendly reminder: when 6.0 was announced they said there will be more tiers later in the expansion. They also suggested renown system won't be changed in future expansions.

I'll believe it when I see it.