Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some Advice For PvP Please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Some Advice For PvP Please

Raansu
05.14.2021 , 12:17 PM | #21
Overhealing.

One team pumping out way more damage than the other.

Unoptimized stat allocation and not BiS gear.

Could be a myriad of reasons.

Altaire
05.14.2021 , 01:55 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Overhealing.

One team pumping out way more damage than the other.

Unoptimized stat allocation and not BiS gear.

Could be a myriad of reasons.
Overhealing - I try to avoid healing someone at full, obviously this is easier said than done when AE healing

Damage - Games where there is 10mil heals are normally linked with associated damage so i understand your concept but doesnt really stack up on odds of matches; that being even if there is a massive damage gap, i still havent seen mando healers above 6m.

Stat / BiS - As mentioned in previous posts, ive chatted at length with a merc who pumped 11m in a match. Our stats are almost identical. So this is a moot point.

Myriad of reasons - Yes this could be correct however the nature of what ive been doing the last 4 weeks is trying to negate these myriad of reasons and ive been unsuccessful

As soon as someone finds a mando pumping over 6m heals a warzone then please send me their contact details! In the meantime, i have an A4 list of Mercs that ive seen doing it

Raansu
05.14.2021 , 07:23 PM | #23
Merc and Mando are mirror classes....They both have the same potential for healing output.

Altaire
05.14.2021 , 07:38 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Merc and Mando are mirror classes....They both have the same potential for healing output.
In that case - make a mando healer and screenshot for me, you doing 10mil heals. Nuff said.

Edit:
Ive spent the last 8 weeks trying to get my gaming community to jump on to SWTOR and to be fair the most have for the PvE part. They have all paid subs and they have all dived in as i begged them. They are all experienced pvp-er's / mmo players (having originated either from DAoC or EQ2).
Unfortunately - the general consensus is this games pvp is fkd - not even remotely fkd but totally and utterly fkd. This totally based on warzone experience and god forbid the total anal annihilation that is "ranked pvp"....

PVP Tier Balancing:
Tier1 - Hello i know how to hold a pencil
Tier 2 - Hello EA knows how to hold a pencil and draw a pvp dragon donkey
Tier 3 - Hi i play ranked and sneeze and the server dies if i play in a warzone....oh and your pvp dragon donkey dies also....whilst i stand over it corpse and gloat via emotes
Tier 4 - Omg i can warp all over the warzone and blame it on server sync balance eventhough everyone but my own team acknowledges I am a hacker providing i win (filmed that ****)

Fyi - I hacked the server and found the algorithm for pvp matching:...

EA + European Football Superleague Equation =
:Tier 1 meets Tier 300.
=+-Tier Numpty7 meets Elevnty4
-=+Tier Wassma-name meets Hi im Jim
+-= Tier RankedmeetsToxisbunchopriks

So yeah. Im done. F**k this game and f**k EA. PvP is horrendous - theres zero incentive or balance.

Bring back expertise or w/e the fk it was called.

Dont get me wrong its not unplayable but when i watch 1 PT or Sorc stub their toe and see 6 raid members die from the toenail fallout (hashtag_toenaildeathisrealyo)..

well ... game_isfkdyo

And as much as i hate to say it - anyone that poo-poos my post.......clearly plays a sorc or a PT

Peace out Swtor Forum. Genuinely appreciated the people who tried to balance the unbalanceable!

PS - did i mention: GFY EA

And yes. The wine has been consumed.

/thumbs

Xertasian
05.14.2021 , 07:41 PM | #25
guess i play the good role for once.. you came here looking for help.. gonna tell you what not being told..

for starters before going any further.. learn to key bind and move with mouse.. in regs you can get away with it to some degree.. but in rank you gonna die fast and your team.. this is reason for key binding.. you need to be looking at the screen at all times checking your team health..

it is hard to stare at your skill bar, mouse clicking and watching the screen.. healing in rank is situational awareness at all times.. moving with the mouse let you kite away when pesky dps is on your tail.. first solve this problem before you decide to fix anything else.. this is resulting in about 60% of you under healing..

next is priority healing.. your tank and melee you want to keep them healed.. tank is keeping the damage off of you.. mercs, sorcs, and snipers.. if these 30 meter range classes is within 10 meter range.. let them fend for themselves.. there is no reason for range dps to be in that close.. when they have means to escape.. it sound harsh, but it's the truth..

next is your dcd's.. if you got a melee class chasing you 24/7.. hit him with electro net or use your 8 second instant cast mezz.. if you get crowded use your aoe knockback.. if all that fails use your rocket out.. that should get you out of range to regroup.. also use your shield and chafe.. take your talents that you need for those skills..

your most important cd is your reflect.. the biggest mistake i seen in rank.. mercs popping there reflect shield right after they get stun or mezz the 1st time.. then they get white bar and globaled.. save your reflect shield when you get white bar and your cc breaker is on cooldown.. no merc should ever get globaled dps or healer.. your heal to full dcd pop that if you is low on cells or your med pack on cooldown and you is under attack ..

also want to throw in a good healer will also know when to cleanse.. sometimes using a gcd to cleanse your dps can decide life or death.. because being stunned and focus fire.. you wont be able to out heal the damage if they are good dps.. that cleanse could be the way a mara for example can force camo and get away..

lastly never play the numbers game in reg warzones.. alot of healers just go in to fluff numbers.. especially if they have alot of tanks and heals.. if your team is killing them fast enough where they don't need healing.. that will also affect your total hps.. i know healers that will stand in the acid in hutt ball middle and just spam aoe heals to fluff big hps numbers..

this the basics you should learn.. they have more than this and i could type forever.. alot of it you will get through trial and error.. also they have good guides and videos you can refer to.. but don't expect to play like them.. everybody have different play styles.. get a style that work for you by using there style as a reference..
Back streaming again http://twitch.tv/Xertasian

Altaire
05.14.2021 , 08:26 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Xertasian View Post
guess i play the good role for once.. you came here looking for help.. gonna tell you what not being told..

for starters before going any further.. learn to key bind and move with mouse.. in regs you can get away with it to some degree.. but in rank you gonna die fast and your team.. this is reason for key binding.. you need to be looking at the screen at all times checking your team health..

it is hard to stare at your skill bar, mouse clicking and watching the screen.. healing in rank is situational awareness at all times.. moving with the mouse let you kite away when pesky dps is on your tail.. first solve this problem before you decide to fix anything else.. this is resulting in about 60% of you under healing..

next is priority healing.. your tank and melee you want to keep them healed.. tank is keeping the damage off of you.. mercs, sorcs, and snipers.. if these 30 meter range classes is within 10 meter range.. let them fend for themselves.. there is no reason for range dps to be in that close.. when they have means to escape.. it sound harsh, but it's the truth..

next is your dcd's.. if you got a melee class chasing you 24/7.. hit him with electro net or use your 8 second instant cast mezz.. if you get crowded use your aoe knockback.. if all that fails use your rocket out.. that should get you out of range to regroup.. also use your shield and chafe.. take your talents that you need for those skills..

your most important cd is your reflect.. the biggest mistake i seen in rank.. mercs popping there reflect shield right after they get stun or mezz the 1st time.. then they get white bar and globaled.. save your reflect shield when you get white bar and your cc breaker is on cooldown.. no merc should ever get globaled dps or healer.. your heal to full dcd pop that if you is low on cells or your med pack on cooldown and you is under attack ..

also want to throw in a good healer will also know when to cleanse.. sometimes using a gcd to cleanse your dps can decide life or death.. because being stunned and focus fire.. you wont be able to out heal the damage if they are good dps.. that cleanse could be the way a mara for example can force camo and get away..

lastly never play the numbers game in reg warzones.. alot of healers just go in to fluff numbers.. especially if they have alot of tanks and heals.. if your team is killing them fast enough where they don't need healing.. that will also affect your total hps.. i know healers that will stand in the acid in hutt ball middle and just spam aoe heals to fluff big hps numbers..

this the basics you should learn.. they have more than this and i could type forever.. alot of it you will get through trial and error.. also they have good guides and videos you can refer to.. but don't expect to play like them.. everybody have different play styles.. get a style that work for you by using there style as a reference..
So. do you play a mando healer.

Do you do more than 6mil heals.

If so, lets see the footage.

Question: Do you play a republic class, if so which?

Xertasian
05.14.2021 , 08:33 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Altaire View Post
So. do you play a mando healer.

Do you do more than 6mil heals.

If so, lets see the footage.

Question: Do you play a republic class, if so which?
actually my wifey is the healer. she can throw down with the best of them in regs or rank. i'm your herp derp run of the mill dps. i suck at healing, no patience. i just watch her when she playing and listening to her. she was the one that wrote all the info for you.

i don't have the attention span or patience to think that far ahead. women can't live with or without them. haha
Back streaming again http://twitch.tv/Xertasian

Altaire
05.14.2021 , 08:39 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Xertasian View Post
actually my wifey is the healer. she can throw down with the best of them in regs or rank. i'm your herp derp run of the mill dps. i suck at healing, no patience. i just watch her when she playing and listening to her. she was the one that wrote all the info for you.

i don't have the attention span or patience to think that far ahead. women can't live with or without them. haha
hats off to the women - they like to think they keep our species going but can they pump 10 mil heals in a warzone in cover of a mando healer.....i just dont see it. Yes they can birth the continuation of our lineage....but 10 mil heals.....ya avin a roman luv

Altaire
05.14.2021 , 08:45 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Altaire View Post
hats off to the women - they like to think they keep our species going but can they pump 10 mil heals in a warzone in cover of a mando healer.....i just dont see it. Yes they can birth the continuation of our lineage....but 10 mil heals.....ya avin a roman luv
Just re-read that - was tongue in cheek btw - didnt mean for it to come across as sexist as it reads ! Imagine it said in a Jason Statham / Guy Ritchie tone!.....coz that could be less.........sexist.....................maybe :S

Raansu
05.14.2021 , 08:47 PM | #30
Spoiler

No offense, but it just seems like you don't really know how to play the game well yet. Like I said, mando and merc are mirror classes. The only major "advantage" you could argue is now that that stances are gone and they don't have a huge lazer beam on their heal skill screaming "I'm a healer!" like the mando does.

If you're not having fun then so be it, but as it stands keep practicing and go buy the healing training dummy for your stronghold and practice on it. Or don't put the effort in to get better and quit, I don't care either way honestly.

Edit:
Also, I just re-looked at your screenshot. Your team was absolutely slaughtering them doing way more damage......No crap their healer is gonna pump out more heals than you.