Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Potential chapter changes


ChandrilaDeler's Avatar


ChandrilaDeler
05.06.2021 , 11:16 PM | #1
Should stories like KOTFE be altered so one part of it has the Personal Ship destroyed, causing Players to look for/steal/construct a new one?

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
05.07.2021 , 12:43 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ChandrilaDeler View Post
Should stories like KOTFE be altered so one part of it has the Personal Ship destroyed, causing Players to look for/steal/construct a new one?
In a word, "No." There are various reasons, not least that they should be making new stuff for us to play rather than making incompatible changes like this to existing stories that many thousands of characters have already played through.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

ChandrilaDeler's Avatar


ChandrilaDeler
05.07.2021 , 02:02 AM | #3
Giving new things instead of improving the game has been done for almost ten years now; a different direction is sorely needed before it gets too stale.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
05.07.2021 , 04:39 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ChandrilaDeler View Post
Giving new things instead of improving the game has been done for almost ten years now; a different direction is sorely needed before it gets too stale.
Perhaps, but breaking existing characters is not a suitable different direction. How exactly do you propose that this change would affect characters who have already played through KotFE?
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

ChandrilaDeler's Avatar


ChandrilaDeler
05.07.2021 , 07:56 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Perhaps, but breaking existing characters is not a suitable different direction. How exactly do you propose that this change would affect characters who have already played through KotFE?
Given that there would be weeks of notifications about the progress of any revamp from the devs if it existed, not much.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
05.07.2021 , 09:32 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ChandrilaDeler View Post
Given that there would be weeks of notifications about the progress of any revamp from the devs if it existed, not much.
What would happen? Would their ships disappear? What if someone's *unable*(1) to play during that time? What happens to that character that was logged out in the "old" post-KotFE ship?

(1) Military deployment, severe illness, etc.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

ChandrilaDeler's Avatar


ChandrilaDeler
05.07.2021 , 12:50 PM | #7
There is that one part where the Player doesn't see their ship again until the Alliance base is constructed; that's where the possible outcome of the ship being destroyed during the five years that the Player was in carbonite could be placed.

ChandrilaDeler's Avatar


ChandrilaDeler
05.07.2021 , 01:02 PM | #8
There's also a few glitches in the Smuggler's class story. 1. They can only encounter C2-N2 after getting back on the ship at Taris (that back and forth thing you have to do with Risha and Beryl), even though he's right there infront of the entryway. 2. The (counterfeit) Murustavan Ruby doesn't vanish from your inventory after leaving The Works. 3. Torchy isn't lootable after killing Skavak.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
05.07.2021 , 01:53 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ChandrilaDeler View Post
There is that one part where the Player doesn't see their ship again until the Alliance base is constructed; that's where the possible outcome of the ship being destroyed during the five years that the Player was in carbonite could be placed.
OK, but let's say I play through KotFE on a character. And KotET. And whatever else is needed to get past where the "get a new ship" point will be. I leave my character logged out *on*his*or*her*ship*. Then the proposed change happens.

What ship does my character have? Does my character have a ship? If not, can I log in to my character?(1)

(1) if you log a character out in a stronghold, and then transfer the character to a server you've never played on before, you cannot log in to the character because it is somewhere ("My active Coruscant Stronghold", let's say) that does not exist on the new server.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

ChandrilaDeler's Avatar


ChandrilaDeler
05.07.2021 , 06:07 PM | #10
It is obvious enough that you either have the ship changed around you, or you are simply moved to whichever zone you were in before boarding it.

If any other Players wish to offer their thoughts on this, they may do so.