NEW Republic and Imperial Fleet Apartment Strongholds 6.3

EHKodiak

If you have enough credits, you can advance the progress meter and unlock the new strongholds.

Maybe they could add some Flooring hooks underneath the Large hooks.

It would be great if occasionally ships went by out a big window with a view of space, just like sometimes things happen out in the Tatooine landscape. Nothing so often it's distracting, just something fun.

It's a shame it doesn't have one or two smaller side rooms for bedrooms, kitchens, storage, etc.

Edited by Xina_LA

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they'll open the apartments for testing without having to do several days of work to unlock them.

It would be great if occasionally ships went by out a big window with a view of space, just like sometimes things happen out in the Tatooine landscape. Nothing so often it's distracting, just something fun.

Does it have any little side rooms for bedroom, kitchen, storage, etc?

They now only cost 1 credit. Go check em out Xina La

I hope they'll open the apartments for testing without having to do several days of work to unlock them.

Does it have any little side rooms for bedroom, kitchen, storage, etc?

They're easy to "unlock" right now. 1 Credit each from one the non-seasonal vendors (on Carrick station).

I've been messing around with it a tad.

OH ! JK ... you're right the Spa center piece works great. I'm using it in the room that faces center of the station ..

If they dial down the "game music" you can hear the music being played at the center of the station. Works fine. I hope that they have a "volume knob" for that music.

In answer to my previous question - yes, the Apartments are faction specific. It costs a whole 250 credits to go to the opposite faction's apartment. More of a nuisance than anything. 🙂

(That could change when they go live.)

Overall, I like these Apartments. I slightly prefer the Republic one.

It's the first time in a long while that I've been looking forward to decorating a stronghold or two. I've already spent around 200 million on decos for them. 🙄

Edited by JediQuaker

Note:

Is there a reason in the imperial apartments that you cannot change the size of the wall hooks?

There are a lot of weird things and glitches to the hooks. We can only hope they get fixed before going live.

A few I've found:

Some medium hooks can't be changed (layout).

Some 'floor' hooks will only accept a particular personnel deco (Vin Atrius holo?) but no 'flooring'.

Edited by JediQuaker

In answer to my previous question - yes, the Apartments are faction specific. It costs a whole 250 credits to go to the opposite faction's apartment. More of a nuisance than anything. 🙂

(That could change when they go live.)

Overall, I like these Apartments. I slightly prefer the Republic one.

It's the first time in a long while that I've been looking forward to decorating a stronghold or two. I've already spent around 200 million on decos for them. 🙄

I just wish that the art department would use a different "filter" fot ALL of the glass windows on the Republic side.. That "yellowy" look kind of reminds me of windows that need to be cleaned !!

:eek:

I just wish that the art department would use a different "filter" fot ALL of the glass windows on the Republic side.. That "yellowy" look kind of reminds me of windows that need to be cleaned !!

I don't mind the yellow tint in particular, but it looks more like a force field than a window. It feels like anyone could flip the wrong switch and everyone would be sucked into space.🤔

I was visiting someone else's Apartment and they had some speeders, etc, parked in one of the rooms and it looked very much like a force field 'garage' entrance.

So yeah, I vote for no tint. 🙂

I don't mind the yellow tint in particular, but it looks more like a force field than a window. It feels like anyone could flip the wrong switch and everyone would be sucked into space.🤔

I was visiting someone else's Apartment and they had some speeders, etc, parked in one of the rooms and it looked very much like a force field 'garage' entrance.

So yeah, I vote for no tint. 🙂

Hadn't thought about it in that "light" ( bad pun ... I know ). But with the horizontal lines running through it ... you, might just be right !!

In either case ... it really takes away from the "view" outside... ESPECIALLY the one into space !

I, too, don't like the yellow tint. I've hated it on the Nar Shaddaa window, as well.

It's not visible in all graphics settings.

Having Bloom off seems to make it much worse for me, rendering some windows completely opaque.

I also don't like wavy windows, like the ones on Manaan. I much prefer to see outside clearly.

It would be nice if they would stop charging credits for cross-faction stronghold visits.

After all, most of my toons are double-agents.

Edited by Xina_LA

• 4 weeks later...
How do you get one? The kiosk won't let me get it saying I need to subscribe (which I am). Is there still a maximum number of strongholds you can have? Might that be the problem?

You get them from a GS vendor for 8 gs tokens. The vendors are in the Supplies section of the fleet, iirc.

I just got the Garrick SH last night. It looks nice and has lots of potential. But again, the cheap hook system ruins it. Why can I not put a Wall GTN on a small hook? It's a tiny decoration. It doesn't need a huge hook. Now I can''t put the Wall GTN in the first room I enter, because there are only small hooks there. Yet, the wall could easily fit 10 of them. Edited by Lirtoo

:eek:

It would not be yellow if people quit smoking in that room. Anyway, I'm one of those who doesn't mind the colour. It goes well with the rest of the design. Sorry ;p

Edited by Lirtoo

It would not be yellow if people quit smoking in that room. Anyway, I'm one of those who doesn't mind the colour. It goes well with the rest of the design. Sorry ;p

I don't like it because it turns opaque when I turn Bloom off, which is most of the time. It's not a window, it's a shimmery yellow wall that looks like a bantha took a leak on it.

I don't like it because it turns opaque when I turn Bloom off, which is most of the time. It's not a window, it's a shimmery yellow wall that looks like a bantha took a leak on it.

I actually have bloom off as default, because it's hard to see targets etc when I'm doing nim ops. I wish I could turn off effects too, but that's a different discussion.

Annoyed by:

Not being able to buy both strongholds.

Limited hooks. You have to fill every spot to get the place to 100%. Wish they would add a blank deco that you could place on a hook that is invisible, but counts as one deco so you do not have to over decorate to get to 100%.

I'm both grateful and repulsed by having fleet chat.

https://imgur.com/a/ifWvEcA

• 3 weeks later...

So, as it turns out, you can unlock both strongholds during one season on the same server but it will involve playing seasons on two servers and a server transfer.

After opening your SH on server 1, buy the other SH deed on server 2. Do not use it on server 2 and then transfer the character that has it over to server 1. Use the deed on server 1 and you now have both strongholds open on server 1.

Limited hooks. You have to fill every spot to get the place to 100%. Wish they would add a blank deco that you could place on a hook that is invisible, but counts as one deco so you do not have to over decorate to get to 100%.

The simplest thing is to just ignore the 100%. I know it has some minor affect on something somewhere, but I've decided to not make my Fleet Apartment into a junk shop just for the 100%. 🙂

So, as it turns out, you can unlock both strongholds during one season on the same server but it will involve playing seasons on two servers and a server transfer.

After opening your SH on server 1, buy the other SH deed on server 2. Do not use it on server 2 and then transfer the character that has it over to server 1. Use the deed on server 1 and you now have both strongholds open on server 1.

Did you actually test this? I did and neither work.

Trial 1

Buy stronghold and use item, then transfer character. Stronghold is not there, cannot purchase stronghold at vendor.

Trial 2

Buy stronghold, but do not use it until the toon is transferred to other server. Try to use item after transfer is complete.. Error - Stronghold grant failed: Already owned. Cannot buy useable version at vendor. No refund of item from vendor. Mail deed to another toon. Same result.

So either you were going off some rumor or you left out details on how to do this successfully in your post.

If this is someone trolling people hopefully this cautionary note will save other people from wasting cartel coins.

Did you actually test this? I did and neither work.

Trial 1

Buy stronghold and use item, then transfer character. Stronghold is not there, cannot purchase stronghold at vendor.

Trial 2

Buy stronghold, but do not use it until the toon is transferred to other server. Try to use item after transfer is complete.. Error - Stronghold grant failed: Already owned. Cannot buy useable version at vendor. No refund of item from vendor. Mail deed to another toon. Same result.

So either you were going off some rumor or you left out details on how to do this successfully in your post.

If this is someone trolling people hopefully this cautionary note will save other people from wasting cartel coins.

I replied to your post in general but I'll reply here as well.

I did #2. I had already owned the Imp Penthouse on Star Forge. I bought the deed to the Pub Penthouse on another server and then transferred the deed over on a character transfer. I then logged into that transferred character on Star Forge and used the deed.

Sounds like you bought the deed to the one that you already own (which SH do you have and which deed do you now have?) Since you said the refund timer is no longer on it, I would guess my only suggestion would be to reach out to customer service and ask if they can swap it for you.

Here is my SH screen on Star Forge:

https://i.imgur.com/PFfwMUD.jpg

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

• 1 month later...

I finally got enough tokens this week to buy the Vaiken SH, however it is an utter disappointment compared to the PTS version. Does anyone else have any bugs with theirs? I have a constant swishing door noise in the main room of the SH even though I'm not near any doors (I wonder if the noise of other people entering their SH is bleeding through). In addition I'm also getting a blank "entry screen" which I have to space bar every time I enter the SH on every character.

The only issue I had on the PTS was not being able to change medium hooks to x4 small squared

For anyone else who was having the sound issue with Vaiken it will be fixed in tomorrow's patch (from the 6.3.1 patch notes):

Players can no longer hear the door audio of other players in the Vaiken Spacedock Penthouse

:D I knew I wasn't mad (relatively speaking)